Holding item while exiting game

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by MMladenov, Jan 7, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MMladenov

MMladenov Well-Known Member

Hi,

I think i`m not the only one who noticed the bug when you lift up an item from your invetory/char and press save&exit and when you rejoin you cannot drop your item - it`s still in your hand , but its not possible to drop it and when you rejoin for second time - no item.
    I thought i had experience avoiding this XXXX, but today i incidentally lifted up my enigma at bh - no space to put it in the inventory, no str to return it back at the char and i rejoined .. and guess - no enigma.
    It`s not a big deal - but it was my first enigma in this server, dusk 15ed, named after SSC-STORM , so sad.

Anyway, i hope this bug will be fixed in the next season and i hope this thread will help players avoiding this XXXX.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2018
    Fatty180 and baxone like this.
  2. Gix

Gix Founder

This is known for many years and although most of times it could work it is never recommended to leave a game and create a new one while holding an item into your hand because you could loose it. This is most likely due the fact that you are still able to pick other items although your inventory is full and blizzard shouldn't have allowed to carry more items in that case because when you're holding that item and you leave the game the save file doesn't really have a record for that item since it's not stored in neither of your character's available slots so bring in a mule character into the same game since you're allowed to open multiple game instances here anyway and trade the item to your other character instead. As the game designers always recommended store your items inside your inventory, cube, stash, etc before leaving the game and not keep them in hand or leave them on the ground in a non-perm game. Also make sure to always use the trade window when muling any expensive items in between your characters.
    If one day there will be more information about this then we will definetly take a look at it.

3. MMladenov

MMladenov Well-Known Member

Thank you very much for your response. I hope this thread can help the players to prevent such things in the future.

Regards,
    Mihail

Gix likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.