Market Cathegory Advice/Issue

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by reign_again, Nov 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. reign_again

reign_again Active Member

- If it's possible to enable user(s) to edit their posts in that category, doing so will be appreciated.

It's annoying to access a topic and see the first post and then scroll down to read and/or ask about a specific item that may or may not be available anymore.
    I understand if for the rest of categories this is not enabled, because users will start editing their reply's, (even though a text regarding that editing is left, so people would know the user messed out with the post at the time specified there) but there should be no reason for that category to be treated as well, since most of the posts will deal with trading.
    It's easy to make one or two topics when you sell individual items, but when you trow out there 10 or more items, it's annoying to keep track, if you can't edit your list, and have to quote it every time you sell one with the new listings, it's annoying and fills out the topic with long unnecessary posts!

Let's just say that ergonomics it's very important in forums, as my carpal tunnel syndrome is making me type and/or use mouse/keyboard harder and more painfully as time goes by, and I'm sure that many people are feeling actual physical pain, so this is a measure that helps out a lot.

2. Gix

Gix Founder

It cannot be done from different reasons.
    Most important would be:

Even if 'editing message' is left we don't want them to do that.

Most forums use a limited ammount of editing time while 'Releases' forums such as ragezone lets say require permanent editing time for updating different sources of the first thread which isn't our case. Also this option cannot be changed for some specific forums only.

There shouldn't really be a problem in scrolling down or creating a new thread when you want to trade.

I will try to look for a vbulletin hack, maybe there is such thing as editing time per individual forum.

3. reign_again

reign_again Active Member

As I said, it's not a major inconvenient, and only if it's possible to allow the editing of the initial first post. But since I don't know the specific of this forum software, or the version you are using for that matter, that's why I thought to inquire about it.

I never seem to understand why people would use vBulletin, in my opinion the ugliest and most unintuitive forum software on the market. It's overhyped, and the fact that large corporations use it, it's another deterrent for me. But hey, if it's enough to satisfy your needs, go for it.