Skins can be changed?

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Minty, Nov 17, 2017.

?

Do you think it would be cool to change appearance of vendors during some holidays?

Poll closed Nov 17, 2018.
  1. yes

42.9%
  2. no

57.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Minty

Minty Senior Member

Scrolling thru Diablo2 prictures on the web...like I saw many things.
    I even have a screenshoot recently sent to me by my friend who plays at home single player ; his inventory was like 2 times bigger than the one we are used to right now - I'm not posting that for sure -.- , anyway Googling diablo 2 pictures I saw that skins of Akara, Charsie , and every vendor can be changed , like for the theme ( is it haloween or new years or whatever ). Do you think that would be cool? If you could see different design in game. Idk if that's possible btw. It would probably require whole new download during that patching cycles , so I don't know how would that affect everyone playing diablo2 :p

grifftron likes this.
  2. grifftron

grifftron Senior Member

Would be interesting to see this happen, as long as its not too complicated to make happen.

3. Gix

Gix Founder

I guess it's sort of fun for single player if you're modding it and stuff, not so much in multiplayer since everyone would have to download a new game patch every time something gets changed and this will be annoying for the players. Also the inventory can be modded to match half of the game window size but this doesn't mean it's a good idea to do it and our patch doesn't support single player anyway.

Fatty180 and ashcool like this.
  4. dahappygoat

dahappygoat Senior Member

Realistically, considering the patches are so minimal in size, I don't find it bothersome or an issue.. Downloading something that's not even 10mb for the sake of experiencing a temporary custom visual integration would be fun in my opinion. I feel like it adds new flavor to a great game based on old flavor, without having to ruin that old flavor. Seriously, it's refreshing, we've been enjoying this game for almost 20 years soon, there's no damage in cosmetically celebrating a holiday with your favorite game. Now, making this possible and appealing is another story, I'm not sure what kind of work this would be, I just know a patch is not going to be humongous due to a few skins, perhaps if there was more to it. This is a multiplayer (online) server of the game, so I see no harm in treating it like one as long as we don't edit the core game values.

Minty likes this.
  • Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.