Tournament duel suggestions

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by sphinx2, Mar 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sphinx2

sphinx2 Member

Hi,

I am not a big PvP fan, but have a few suggestions that would definitely bring some flavour to the server.

Shortly:
    1. All yellow HLD - participants "dressed up" in yellow thingies only, no char lvl limit.
    2. All orange HLD - only crafted stuff.
    3. All yellow LLD - char lvl limit = 30
    4. All orange LLD - you get the idea.

Prizes should be consistent, partly from a low tournament tax, partly provided by the server administration. A "HLD Yellow Queen / King" title could be also awarded, in a more symbolic way.
    Players should be given some 10-14 days to get the stuff they need for the tournament.

This would also revive trade and would bring more attention to rare items, which the vast majority of players completely disregard (except headbands, gloves and rings mainly).
    Not to mention crafting, which is something that quite few do.

Such duels would - my guess - be far more interesting than the clash of builds found on the Internet, that is to be seen in everyday duel games.
    And last, but not least, rares and crafts open up a world of possibilities (in terms of prefixes and suffixes available), compared to the unique / runeword pool.

It may also do a world of good to the forum, which could be used for posting trade offers.

Feel free to drop your comments.

Coldet likes this.
  2. Coldet

Coldet Forum Legend

I really like this idea. Never seen anything quite like it. I particularly like the Crafted version.

I tried to run a standard LLD Tournament in the past which fell on it's face due to lack of interest but I think this could very well take flame.

You are welcome to give it a go. See if you can ignite some interest.

3. Achmed

Achmed Member

Why don't you try doing a low-lvl and high-lvl tournament?
    Low-lvl: New chars in game and at lvl 8(aprox) make it a last man standing(last 3 chars win something)
    High-lvl: You know the drill :D
    And the winners get items or runes... that's up to you

4. michaelhedges

michaelhedges Member

+1 awesom idea, also would like to add set duels :D

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.