Announcement Patch #11: Gem Bags, Cosmetic Auras and More

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Gix, Apr 7, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gix

Gix Founder

We are pleased to introduce you our preseason realm patch update! Patch notes can be found down below:
    • Improved security module and coding structure
    • Introducing new items that will make gems trading so much easier: gem bags that can hold up to 2000 gems in a single bag and gems remover, you can find these at Akara (guide available here)
    • Stash gold limit has been increased to 33.554.431
    • Indefinite Larzuk socketing: no more creating dozens of unnecessary mule characters to socket your items, the quest reward will remain permanently active
    • Reworked grandfather sword: still worthy but much more balanced (affects only the new drops)
    • Introducing 3 new cosmetic auras that are obtainable through combining Standard of Heroes inside of your horadric cube
    • Three new recipes are available and they require individually 25, 50 and 75 standard of heroes to obtain the new cosmetic auras

Note:
    Larzuk infinite socketing only applies to newly created characters after this update or those who haven't completed the quest yet.
    Keep in mind that due to the hardcoded and abusable drop settings of standard of heroes, there aren't many options to be considered except something that won't influence the game and while we initially had a great blizzlike suggestion to use standard of heroes with larzuk socketing, we added that as a separate feature and used the cosmetic auras extra.

Important: As always, you must be up to date with the latest patch version in order to create and join games and there are two ways of doing that:
    1. Restart the client and let it auto-update to the latest patch version
    2. Visit our website and re-patch the game again by downloading our custom realm patch from http://europebattle.net/d2/join
    Run the game as an Administrator.

In case you're using the integrated sting maphack and you updated your game manually by replacing all files, you will need to download and re-apply the integrated maphack from our tools page, make sure to backup your d2hackmap.cfg file before doing so. Also remember to run the game as an administrator.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2018
    Vega, Annih, ender02 and 14 others like this.
  2. Gix

Gix Founder

There is a minor issue with the potions, going to push an update for that in a few minutes.
    Fixed.

3. Angeloffaith

Angeloffaith Grail Done Supporter

so thats a lot of soh to use for that crazy i though 10x would been good but 25,50,75 thats alot it will take people a while to get that much as they would have to use 8x chars a game to get just 8x each alone it took me a while to have just 100x right now

4. Bglzaborg

Bglzaborg I'm not BG Forum Legend

its just cosmetic so its fine. see it as a trophy nothing more

5. Quinneczech

Quinneczech Fat! Old! HardCORE! Forum Legend

Great job as always!

TimmyDeezNuts, Gix and Vacholindyr like this.
  6. Gix

Gix Founder

Alright everyone, the potions fix has been added and a new patch is now available to download from our website. Took a bit longer than expected but we're all good now.

@Angeloffaith, exactly. Some will do solo ubers while others will use mules and there is no way to limit the soh drop due to being hard coded so as you see it can be easily abused. The only solution was to added something that won't affect the game at all, larzuk socketing was the best suggestion for this but we were able to add that as a separate feature and it's more handy to use Larzuk npc itself.

@Bglzaborg, right on.

7. Angeloffaith

well to me ill just not use the soh then lol but how to use th gem bag be nice to know

8. Gix

Gix Founder

The thread says a guide will be released soon but you can also read the item description in-game. You cube a gem with a gem bag and you add the gem inside of it.
    To remove the gem you cube the bag with the gem remover and you extract that gem. To change the gem remover type you just cube the gem remover (that hand) alone in the cube, multiple times.

9. cageman

cageman Member

I just tested the patch on classic, but there i get a connection interrupted when talking to akara. It works fine on lod for me so far.

Gix likes this.
  10. Gix

Gix Founder

Will take a look at this right now, thanks for reporting.

cageman likes this.
  11. Angeloffaith

was gheeds to look like this yes or no

Attached Files:

12. Gix

Gix Founder

Re-patch the client, classic compatibility has been corrected.

cageman likes this.
  13. cageman

cageman Member

Verified, works like a charm!

Gix likes this.
  14. corey jarvis

corey jarvis Active Member

how exactly does the cosmetic work? is there a extra slot i can equip it to on my character? are they tradeable?

15. Gi-Joe

Gi-Joe Senior Member

:eek: daaaamn !!!
    @Gix this expansion idea was amazing ! Congratulation & Respect!!!!!

Amazing new updates makes to all ppl easyer than old patch ! :tup::tup:

TimmyDeezNuts, Gix and Kefflar32 like this.
  16. Shaft63

Shaft63 Active Member

integrated MH will work with new patch?

17. Gix

Gix Founder

It's a charm that you keep in your inventory and yes, they are tradeable.

Re-apply the integrated maphack from our tools page if you updated your game manually.

18. corey jarvis

corey jarvis Active Member

when at akara when hover over one of the gem bags it Spams unknown item gb1 etc also the bag remover only hast it for the amethyst, wished you could fill a bag of gems and put in cube with blue item and transmute to reroll blue items then it would deduct 3 gems from bag then keep rerolling

19. Gix

Gix Founder

@corey jarvis, that's because the item code is unknown for bh maphack and needs to be added to it but I'll take a look at it tomorrow.
    Cube the gem remover alone inside of the cube to change the remove type, read the item description as it tells you what to do. I've also mentioned that here and inside of the first post that a guide will follow. As for your wish, that's just a wish for a game that's way too old and limited in terms of coding structure.

20. cageman

cageman Member

Would it be possible to also up the amount of gold you can hold at any moment? If i want to move gold between characters and i got 100 million stashed up its quite annoying to move it in steps of 1~ million. I am probably asking for too much, but that would be great.

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.