Solved D2VidTest.exe not found in game folder

Discussion in 'Help Desk' started by Fefous, May 21, 2021.

1. Fefous

Fefous Senior Member

First of all, good morning to everyone.

I recently reinstalled D2 as I usually do every once in a while, but this time the D2VidTest.exe file is completely missing from the game folder. It's nowhere to be found. I do have a weird BlizzardError.exe file (lol). I'll link it bellow.

Any help will be appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. sphinx25

sphinx25 Well-Known Member

Hey,
    First time I hear of such a case. You should probably uninstall the game and reinstall it once again. D2VidTest.exe is (I think, not 100% certain) a critical file and should not be missing from the install folder, as it is "called" (i.e. executed) upon the first ever run of the game. I am not aware of any workaround, but uninstall/reinstall should only take ~10-15 minutes.

Gix, kiwifruit and Fefous like this.
  3. Fefous

Fefous Senior Member

Thank you for your quick reply!

Indeed, reinstalling solved this issue. I should've done that earlier, but I was kinda searching for workarounds. I feel really dumb atm lol

On a sidenote, I believe it was Stings MH files that somehow overwritten the Vidtest application. Probably the glide3d one since I've been having problems with it whenever closing the game, but I can't be sure (the game runned perfectly fine tho, only closing it popped some c00000d error).

Anyway, thanks for your help!

kiwifruit likes this.
  4. Gix

Gix Founder

A file that doesn't exist cannot be overwritten, @Fefous so neither the maphack nor glide-wrapper could have caused that. Apparently, blizzard installers could rarely do that sometimes and not copy the D2VidTest.exe file as per other people's reports on the internet but as @sphinx25 mentioned, reinstalling should fix that or if you used the portable version then maybe the file was somehow skipped during extraction. Additionally, D2VidTest.exe is not a required game file unless you wish to switch to 2D and use glide-wrapper, otherwise, you won't need it if you're playing the game in window mode.

Marking the thread as solved since reinstalling the game solved the issue.

PS: Regarding C000000D closing popup (has no impact on the game though) you may thank Microsoft for that and refer to this thread for the fix http://forum.europebattle.net/threads/glide-wrapper.539863/
    Have in mind that glide-wrapper itself is an optional 3rd party tool and it's not mandatory to run the game.

Fefous and kiwifruit like this.
  5. sphinx25

sphinx25 Well-Known Member

No need to feel dumb, sooner or later, one way or another, it happens to every one of us :).
    Glad it helped, you're welcome.

kiwifruit, Gix and Fefous like this.
  6. Fefous

Fefous Senior Member

Oh no, you are welcome! Many thanks to both you and @Gix . You two helped alot.

kiwifruit, sphinx25 and Gix like this.
  • Draft saved Draft deleted