Solved 8-player Hell Baal exp

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by ameth, Dec 29, 2022.

1. ameth

ameth Senior Member

Hi Ppl!

Hell Baal exp does not seem to scale over 3 players.

1-player +30.2k
    3-player +55.9k (x1.85 instead of x2)
    8-player +55.9k

Could someone confirm, please?

(Content and title edited)

Last edited: Dec 30, 2022
  2. Cvm2

Cvm2 Supporter

Hello and yes its normal :) its even alot if only u take nihal and ball waves that close to 85-91 k .

colder and Gix like this.
  3. ameth

ameth Senior Member

You wrote this answer while I was editing the title and content of the starter post.

I found, that wave exp scales normally (x4.5). Only Baal itself seems buggy.

Edit:

I found news of experience ceiling on hell Baal (x3 players max) and Diablo (x7 players max). That is a feature of D2 Resurrected, and not a feature of old D2/LoD.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2022
  4. Gix

Gix Founder

To answer your original post content, this is not a bug and never was, nor an exclusive feature of D2r and if I remember correctly you asked this once before in game and I told you it was a game mechanic and gave you the explanation behind it. The reason why this happens is that in Diablo II you have a cap on how much experience a single monster can provide and in this case, Baal reaches the experience cap with 3 players in the game, therefore if there are more than three players in that game then each individual player shall get no more than the p3 experience value. Diablo for example, reaches this experience cap at 7 players and so on. Here you can see the experience cap for various other bosses too https://www.theamazonbasin.com/wiki/index.php/Experience#Ceiling as this information has always been public.

Quote: A ceiling of 8,388,607 maximum experience from a single kill is applied at this stage, although when playing solo this is only ever reached at higher player counts for some Evils in Hell.

ameth and Kefflar32 like this.
  • Draft saved Draft deleted