Solved A little bit laggy

Discussion in 'Help Desk' started by grifftron, Aug 23, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. grifftron

grifftron Senior Member

Hey everyone,

Sometimes the server is really quick for me, but the last week or so it has been pretty laggy, when I "/PING" I am running at like 326.

D2 is an old game and my comp is pretty quick... is it because I am playing from Thailand? Is there anything I can do to speed things up a bit?

My internet connection is fast and I am running a fast comp for d2.

Any tips will help, thanks.

2. Gix

Gix Founder

@grifftron, playing from Thailand is indeed one of the reasons as it's quite a long distance however you mentioned the server is usually quick for you and it became laggy during the last few days so this means you might experience some connectivity issues. I'd say give your internet company a call and wait, not much you can do except that and keep in mind that there are no guarantees when it comes to internet but I'm positive that everything is fine on our side as we do have a monitoring server in ASIA and all seems in order. So far we have monitoring services with the following internet companies in Thailand: Cat Telecom, Internet Thailand, Pacific Internet, TOT and True Internet and as far as I can see everything is stable: https://i.gyazo.com/55e55f86f15e632ad52fe7bf5452eb33.png so your isp 3BB Broadband seems to be the culprit. You may also give WTFast or similar softwares a try as I know it works great for some people in various games, no guarantees though. I mean if your provider does experience issues then no software will make it better.

One more thing, doesn't matter how fast is your connection since you're not downloading tens of GB of data while playing online games. You won't see any noticeable difference between a 10mbs, 100mbps or 1Gbit connection while playing online games. It all comes down to stability and peering with the other internet providers.

3. grifftron

grifftron Senior Member

In-game chat transcript while forum was down and we had to recover back these posts upon restoring.

my internet is quicker today... i was lagging bad yesterday... never know if its because i play from Thailand or what
    thanks for all the help man, appreciate it

4. Gix

Gix Founder

In-game chat transcript while forum was down and we had to recover back these posts upon restoring.

as I said, nothing comes as guarantee with internet
    if major companies can have issues, as a regular user that uses regular internet connection
    shouldn't expect 24/7/365 year around top speeds, stability etc
    issues can happen all the time
    as long as it's better now, that's all that matters
    luckily for you, our provider has a good peering with ASIA

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.