Ahoy

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Zoculados, Sep 9, 2018.

1. Zoculados

Zoculados Member

Hey everyone,

New player here, just got to 70 with a fresh summoner necro looking to eventually do some MF as a basis to build some other characters out. What kind of runs are people doing for MF and for XP. Last time I played (many many years ago) it was on bnet and it was just baals for XP and meph/pindle/baal/countess etc. for MF runs. I image that has changed?

Thanks! looking forward to seeing you all in game.

V4mpir and MadVisions like this.
  2. Kefflar32

Kefflar32 Well-Known Member

Last edited: Sep 9, 2018
    Gix likes this.
  3. Rademeer

Rademeer Active Member

Welcome!

4. Zoculados

Zoculados Member

Thanks guys. That's a great link Kefflar, thanks for posting. Follow up question if you have a sec: what's the best method for finding the baal runs? just spam reload the join game list until you see one pop up or are they usually posted elsewhere?

5. Fatty180

Fatty180 Well-Known Member

Well Hello welcome to the d2 community

Well u might wanna consider cow farming for enigma runes and infinity, once u got that and 125 fcr necromancer with 100%crush merc then u can Spam nithalak runs just like i do or farm any area

Nithalak is popular in here due to gurantered unique drops from bosses. Nithalak can drop anything in the game.
    For exp grinding better join public baalruns.
    GL!

V4mpir likes this.
  6. Kefflar32

Kefflar32 Well-Known Member

i use games command and try to catch the next bh number or if is not a lazy day for me i create a separate baal game or let my friends do it :p you can spam reload the join game list too but if game gets full fast as it does almost all the time during the day it wont show up in the join list for long and why using games command is better

A very good guide from @TimmyDeezNuts about baal runs you can follow http://forum.europebattle.net/threads/baal-run-guide.542132/

TimmyDeezNuts, Gix and Fatty180 like this.
  7. Zoculados

Zoculados Member

great stuff, thanks fatty and kefflar. so far i think this community is amazing

Fatty180 and Kefflar32 like this.
  8. testacc123

testacc123 Active Member

Welcome. If you need any items you can whisper me ingame, I dont have super good items but something that could be helpful...

9. Atox

Atox Senior Game Master Moderator

Hi and welcome

10. V4mpir

V4mpir Well-Known Member

hi man! we just met in game i am V4mpir ;-) hope i helped u enjoy it faster, cause starting can be harsh!most people are really helpfull here and generous so all u have to do is ask sometimes!
    see u in games!

11. Frogtogger

Frogtogger Member

Welcome! Feel free to let me know if you need any help with anything!
    My advice would be to farm hell cows/pits until you get good enough gear to farm the rest, also since loaders are available I load 8 chars in my private games and get plenty of XP from it!
    /e Another great place to farm is Hell trav, they drop tons of useful mid uniques and they have rtc17 as well!

V4mpir likes this.
  12. Gix

Gix Founder

Hello and welcome aboard, @Zoculados . Enjoy your stay!
    @Kefflar32 was spot on with the answer, make sure to check out our guides and if you have any questions don't be shy to ask.

Fatty180 likes this.
  13. inayat

inayat Head Game Master Moderator

Hi and welcome.

14. Zoculados

Zoculados Member

Hey V4mpir. Yes it was a HUGE help, and I'll probably spend this evening going through everything you gave me and getting some mules set up. The info you gave about trading and prices was equally valuable. Hopefully I'll see you on soon :)

Thanks Frogtogger. Good suggestions. What are loaders? I'm out a bit out of touch...as I told vamp last night the last trade I made was on bnet about 15 years ago..something like 10 sojs for an ist LOL. Also, what is rtc17? Thanks!

Thanks Gix and inaya - will do.

V4mpir likes this.
  15. Frogtogger

Frogtogger Member

Loaders are when you open more than one instance of diablo 2, it lets you do things like transfer items or rush your own characters without having the help of someone else! As far as I can tell, you can open as many as your computers memory will let you lol, so load up a game of 8 players and kill away!

Rtc17 refers to the rune treasure class monsters can drop, RTC17 includes all runes, but I believe they are limited by act, I think act 3 hell can drop up to Jah, so trav can drop up to Jah out of all of the council.

Gix and V4mpir like this.
  16. Zoculados

Zoculados Member

Nice. Thanks. I will be doing some muling tonight for sure since Vamp and others decided to fill me to the brim with nice starting gear. And yeah, figured the RTC meant something like that...thanks for the info and see you in game.

Frogtogger and V4mpir like this.
  17. Nopik

Nopik Game Master

18. Zoculados

Zoculados Member

Last question (ok probably not the last) - BH vs STING maphack. I've found a lot of info on both, but I haven't yet found a thread which might recommend one over the other. I'm so used to playing without anything, I'm sure all the features of either will be a big improvement in basic item identification and finding my way around the map. However, would anyone recommend one over the other? Can someone offer a quick comparison. Thanks!!

19. V4mpir

V4mpir Well-Known Member

i use sting's integrated, i really prefer integrated cause u dont have to put it everytime u open a new dloader, u could try both to see what u like better.1 thing i ve noticed that sting doesnt have over the bh is that in bh mh u can set items and runes that when they drop a message apears on screen like 'Ber rune droped' wich is awesome feature. other than that i think it comes to personal preference.

20. TimmyDeezNuts

TimmyDeezNuts Rezident Ninja Forum Legend

Welcome to the community @Zoculados and good luck!

• Draft saved Draft deleted