Guide Ash's Hardcore Guide To Javazon

Discussion in 'Guides' started by ashcool, Nov 11, 2017.

1. ashcool

ashcool Forum Legend

Howdy, Dear Community!
    Finally I found some spare time to write down the first of the "Ash's Hardcore" series. As most of the hardcore players already know, javazon is my main character, thus so we are starting with this pretty, nasty and demolishing blondie.
    NB: ALL OF MY GUIDES ARE ONLY ADAPTED FOR HARDCORE. They are mix of survivability/durability & performance/throughput, however there might be better builds for softcore players which wouldn't care if they will die or not.

Pros for this build:
    - Extremely powerful and versatile;
    - Requires high level to be finished, however it is more then viable even at level 80;
    - There's mostly nothing that you cannot kill;
    - Destroying act bosses in seconds, faster then any other character;
    - Fun to play;

Cons for this build:
    - The top end game gear is VERY expensive;
    - Level 95 is required to finish all the synergies;
    - Level 98 is required to finish the build at the very best;
    - Gear dependable, there are certain items that are MANDATORY in order to be efficient;

Stats Distribution:
    Str: Enough to wear your gear (Ideally that would be 0)
    Dex: Enough to have max block (If in end gear, max block should be calculated via Stormshield + Titan's)
    Vita: Everything else
    Energy: None

Skill Point Distribution:
    Bow And Crossbow - Nothing

Passive and Magic:
    Critical Strike - 1 (Level it up as soon as you get a free skill point)
    Dodge - 1 (Level it up as soon as you get a free skill point)
    Avoid - 1 (Level it up as soon as you get a free skill point)
    Evade - 1 (Level it up at 98 - IMO)
    Penetrate - 1 (Level it up at 96)
    Pierce - 1 (Level it up at 97)

Javelin and Spear:
    Jab - 1 (Prereq. level it up as soon as you can)
    Power Strike - 20 (Max after LS)
    Charged Strike - 20 (Max after Fury)
    Lightning Strike - 20 (Max after Charged)
    Poison Javelin - 1 (Prereq. level it up as soon as you can)
    Lightning Bolt - 20 (Max last - finished at 95)
    Plague Javelin - 1 (Prereq. level it up as soon as you can)
    Lightning Fury - 20 (Max this first)

Gear choice
    Best in slot:
    Helmet: Griffon's Eye + 15 ias / 15 all res jewel
    Amulet: Highlord's
    Weapon: ETH Titan's
    Shield: Phoenix
    Armor: TM (fhr + str/dex/res)
    Gloves: 2/20 + str + resists
    Ring1: rare str/dex/res
    Ring2: rare str/dex/res
    Belt: TG
    Boots: rare 30frw/10fhr/2+ useful res
    Swap: wizz + Storm (BER)

Medium gear:
    Helmet: Griffon + 15 ias / resist jewel
    Weapon: ETH Titan's Revenge
    Shield: Stormshield / Phoenix (if you are already rich enough :p)
    Armor: Some budget TM or Eni
    Gloves: 3/20 or 2/20+mods
    Ring1: Raven 20dex if wearing Enigma or good rare ring/BK if you wear TM
    Ring2: Bul Khatos (5LL) if wearing Enigma or good rare ring with str if you wear TM
    Belt: Thundergod
    Boots: Rare Boots / Aldur
    Swap: Wizzardspike + Stormshield if you already posses Enigma / TM, otherwise CTA or nothing.

Low gear:

Helmet: Shako / Andy Visage (Visage would allow you to reach the IAS frame without having gloves.)
    Weapon: Titan's Revenge
    Shield: Stormshield
    Armor: COH/Lionheart/Stone
    Gloves: 2-3 java 20 IAS
    Ring1: Raven (any stats)
    Ring2: Bul 3-5 LL or some rare ring with str?
    Belt: Thundergod
    Boots: Aldur Boots / Waterwalk / Sandstorm
    Swap: Ain't required

PS: All of the gear choices above require atleast 1 15IAS jewels to reach the 55 IAS breakpoint considering you get 20 from gloves and 20 from amu.

Infinity is the only weapon choice for merc, the rest of the gear is pretty optional.
    The invetory is also optional and up to your budget/needs. I personally use the following setup: Cube, Torch, Anih, 15x JS with HP, 8 small charms with 16+hp with all res,fire res and light res.
    My goal is to reach max block on swap (SS + wizz) along with 43% DMG reduction.;
    85 fire, 145+ light res with phoenix & titans (over 250+ on swap);
    32 FHR, 55 IAS.;
    Currently I have all of the above covered and I have 2.4k HP, 12k light dmg (charged strike) and 2k physical damage without BO or any other buffs.

I hope you guys will enjoy the guide and I will try to make one for every character/spec as soon as I get the change.

Cheers, Ash.

KoteKvoTii, sp32k, colder and 6 others like this.
  2. Quinneczech

Quinneczech Fat! Old! HardCORE! Forum Legend

Why do people still tend to use TGV on PVM javazon? Razortail >> every other belt.

ViktortheViking likes this.
  3. DarkSummoner

DarkSummoner Supporter

4. reg3

reg3 Active Member

I believe it is because of the decent damage and the light absorb which is crucial on hardcore ;) ofc everybody has own opinion. I tend to use tg on my sorc as well

Fatty180 likes this.
  5. Quinneczech

damage sucks compared to razortail, thats the common mistake...

6. Quinneczech

And this is the main and crucial flaw in your build. You want to get pierce ASAP and get it to 100% - which can be easily achieved with 1 hard point and razortail belt, which gives 33% pierce.

Do you want to know why? Here is simple calculation:

Lets set the data input:
    fury dmg: 4k
    mob pack size: 5x5 grid (25 mobs...)

now lets see the dmg outcome for different pierce values:

pierce 0: dmg is 25 x 4k - 100k - not bad, right?

pierce 50%: dmg is 25 x 4k x 1,9375 (which is sum of 100% chance of hitting first mob, 50% chance of hitting second, 25% chance of hitting 3rd, 12,5% of hitting 4th and finally 6,25% of hitting 5th). The total dmg for 50% pierce is 194k. Almost double. Not bad, for 1 invested skill point and some gear, hm?

pierce 100%: dmg is 25 x 4k x 5 (since with 100 pierce u always hit all of those 5 mobs in that 5x5 grid) - thats total of 500k dmg.

As you see, 1 invested skill point, razortail belt and some +skills can easily give you 5x dmg boost. Thats why you skill pierce as soon as possible and why is razortail far more superior to TGV.

ViktortheViking, tassped and Fatty180 like this.
  7. aBUCHa

aBUCHa Well-Known Member

Quinneczech
    Can Java with Razortail, clear sk, 60 bo~, and 8 ppl game. Alone jump in center souls? where there can still be many other mobs taking lives.

8. Quinneczech

Why would u be jumping into pack of souls? :) But since u asked, yes, she can, thats why u have 75 light resist. First there comes resist, then absorb. Even tgv wont save you when u have lowlightning res. I thought that after all this time players know how d2 works :)

9. aBUCHa

aBUCHa Well-Known Member

I just asked cuz its for my game, in future i may be want make Java and i never before play her, i not want collect sk hp, and i love play 8 window with 60 bo for xp, i know many people who dont want wait and buy sk hp too. BUT i play and test Barb with 60 bo 8ppl. First its forty take 80 L-res, i not comfort feel, when i put Lo in Head to be 85 L-res, and its better for farm.

sorry for my bad English, but i not like Char who cannt to be Terminator with max difficulties

10. ashcool

ashcool Forum Legend

I admire razortail usage on softcore, however I stay out of ANY belt except TG if I do areas with souls. I mean there are lots of amazing characters who died because of "Spiderweb" being too attractive. And hey, I still need 1 level for pierce and I still clear EVERYTHING with 1-2 hits and I'm doing it in a very timely manner. Anyhow razortail is amazing choice, however I would never use it on HC :)

reg3, Fatty180 and aBUCHa like this.
  11. aBUCHa

aBUCHa Well-Known Member

so, need choose do you allow if hero died or no, he main or not
    i not use TG on Asa and Sor and if he died, its no problem

Thanks for Guide

Last edited: Nov 12, 2017
    ashcool likes this.
  12. Fatty180

Fatty180 Well-Known Member

Btw isnt treachery armor nice item for Starting javazon i was thinking to make javazon soon for baalruns though ;;

13. Quinneczech

Its not bad, there are many choices for java armor tbh. My java is still running around with lionheart rw :)

14. jah

jah Active Member

i'm going to try and keep this short
    -frw on boots is irelevant u will teleport anyway same for fhr .. amazons have pretty bad fhr frames 10 fhr wont help much. I'd personally use silkwaves to solve mana problems or ww's or aldurs as u specified in the less expensive builds.
    -pheonix? on a server where full juvs can be bought at npc are u really going to use a shield that basically gives 5% fire and 10% light and a firestorm proc that fucks up your fury? just use a moosers or w/e it's called.
    -tgods.. if u really want the +10 lr that much Lo the tm and griffon and use 15 ias in moosers with razortail..
    -rare rings... just use uniques bk soj w/e they give +1 sk that goes into bo + life more dmg etc.. or a whisp or w/e
    -cta/spirit obvious reasons .. idk how did u get to the conclusion that 35%dr beats 70% life or w/e bo lvl javazons have
    general things;
    - having more than max rezist is a waste. 400 light res doesn't do anything compared to 75 rezist if no max rezist gear is equipped
    -if u are fhr locked by a grp of souls or w/e don't just try to tele away press w walk or tele. switching weapons cancels your fhr animation
    also try not to get caught in the 'i don't want to invest str and dex for the best results' most of the time in pvm stating str for items and dex for mb if needed is the best and using other valuable rings/sockets for things like facets +skills absorb etc.
    this is my opinion take it as u want good day and keep them comin

Fatty180 likes this.
  15. ashcool

ashcool Forum Legend

Your build might be relevant for softcore, but it's absolutely irrelevant and bad for hardcore. Cutting points in str/dex and having stacked resists/max resists/absorbs is super important.
    Also Moser? That was a good laugh.

elisium likes this.
  16. Quinneczech

First of all I want to make clear, that Ash made a really good guide, despite my comments about razortail etc.

But on the other hand i have to point out, that Jah posted several tips, which are good to be mentioned. All in all, its still the same game, regardles on SC or HC. The build of your character should be up to you and should be strictly based on your own unique playstyle.

When you play carefuly, its really not necessary to stack resists, 75 on hell is enough. If you rush thoughtlessly into whatever mob pack is in front of you, its good to think more about being safe -> therefore overres is more than welcome...

Moser is alright shield, cheap alternative for those who start with this character... :)

Nopik, ashcool, inayat and 1 other person like this.
  17. Criminal-Intent

Criminal-Intent Active Member

I see smart thinking here ^^ I fully support Mr.Ash's opinion and advice . I can give example with more than 5 people who joked around because i wear Thunder God belt on every HC character of mine . And every single one of them has a Ghost in his account. A few of them managed to loot their corpses ... but what's the point when you loose all your good charms . I simply wear the belt for 2 reasons :
    1 . I don't want to waste 2 Lo runes on my helm and shield
    2 . I don't want to waste the 2 slots anyway for 20 faster cast rate because i can put 2 way more useful things there ... like ber runes jah runes or some extremely rare jewels .

Play your game smart people orr bring a looter character and hope that your internet doesn't drop you . Good luck !

Vacholindyr likes this.
  18. jah

jah Active Member

i had a good laugh at your guide also but i gave argumentation to my choices compared to u. cutting on str dex is important but not when u loose more life doing so .. with a bk that gives non boable life and +1 bo and dmg u can swap 1 java sk 45 life (like anyone is going to get those and are super expensive) with plain 20 life scs or life/rez ones for a total of 60 life for 3 slots .. that equates to your str/dex ring that is going to be alot more expensive than some bk and 3x 20 life smc. moosers costs nothing compared to your pheonix ,gives rezist(compoared to none on pheonix), gives better block so u can cut on dex ALOT, and u can double facet it or 15 ias it for more mobility , redemption aura is completly useless.. u can just use silks to solve mana problems. the only thing u gain is 5% max fire and 10% max light . and i really find it hard to value those stats over what mosers gives. One more thing i didn't say max rezist aren't important i said stacked rezist aren't in pvm ,yeah u could get some conv mob but let's not get into some hypotetical bullshit.Pretty much nothing will drop your rez in pvm so having 145 light rezist(your case) is just a waste ..
    Again take it as u will but when u post a guide u should accept constructive criticism if all your going to do is post coments like "i had a good laugh" "that's bad because i say so(no arguments)" be prepared for ppl to respond the same way on your next guide or w/e. Have a good day lads.

19. Gix

Gix Founder

@jah, while I agree that the "I had a good laugh" part was not necessary and @ashcool (I've already talked to him about this) should have come with arguments instead as you did, the "this is my opinion take it as u want" and "Again take it as u will" it's a pretty bad choice of words too and may trigger reactions because it's pretty much the equivalent of the like it or not, I don't care what you think.
    Constructive criticism is alright as long as no cocky words or comments are included because that might trigger people. Keep that in mind for the future, both of you.

In order to keep the thread clean, this post will be removed when both of you shall read it.

jah, ashcool, Fatty180 and 1 other person like this.
  20. MMladenov

MMladenov Well-Known Member

@jah I`m about 100% sure that you are playing softcore only and you have never tried HC (or you tried and you died).

Speaking of Pheonix... mate Javazons are NOT only doing lightning damage, you totally forgot about 350-400ED (the rw varies).You took back your words for Redemption, so your statement "Redemption - useless" is not true. Javazons has mana problems, cause they don`t have insight on merc (infinity..)

Bul-Kathos.. People use CTA in hardcore when they are dueling or doing fast runs. When you are going diablo, baal run or smtg longer - bo from barb champ lasts more than 10mins and its + more than 2k life. So bo-able argument kinda sucks. Personally i prefer dual-leech ring + stats , cause of the mana (using potions is boring).

Every person has different point of view. SSC-THUNDER for example is equipped with amu 2ama/17cast/20all rez+ dual leech ring + cast ring with life steal/str and rez + sp web + gloves 20ias/KB/str/rez. With this equipment fcr cap 68% is reached with your both swap hands and on the other hand she is with faith MB (hybrid amazon). Half of the inventory is with js and half is with md/ar/life so she is dealing rainbow dmg - tons of lightnig, tons of physical, about 1k poison and of course - tons of fire dmg. If she sees "immune to lightning" monsters - like souls, swap on faith and everything is dead with 2x Multiple shots.
    I should mention that i do not share your opinion for frw as well . I think you haven`t seen FRW bug, which is a lit bit bad for you, if you are not playing duels in softcore. If you are wondering what im saying - join a duel game and wait a person who has decent bower and just watch him.
    A good rare boots can give you 30frw/10fhr/up to 3 diff rez>30 , which is not for underestimation.

Anyway, this is Ashcool`s guide for javazon hardcore. He uses storm+wizzy to teleport (fcr frame cap is reached), so highlord, tgbelt - which are tanky items ,can be used, which is making this guide even appropriate to new ppl. The items are not that expensive, the amazon will be trustworthy even if you get dropped in any area (because of lag, internet or other reasons).

If you are okay playing with Soj, BK, griffon with Lo, Mosers with jewels ias/smtg, silkwaves boots - Good Luck. But if you are at hardcore don`t forget to loot yourself ! ;)

Vacholindyr, colder and ashcool like this.
  • Draft saved Draft deleted