Solved bh maphack help

Discussion in 'Help Desk' started by tommy.m, Jun 8, 2021.

1. tommy.m

tommy.m Member

Hey Guys,
    I just started playing Diablo 2 a week ago (first time ever), and tried to create a item filter with BH maphack. It looks something like this:

Code:
    ItemDisplay[EQ5 !ETH RARE]: %GREEN%%NAME% //this is an example, there are more items ofc
    ItemDisplay[(NMAG OR MAG OR RARE) (NORM OR EXC OR ELT)]: //hide all armour and weapons except bases above
    Now, it should hide all Armors ad Weapons except uniques, sets and the bases specified in the first part. (because the first rule that matches should be applied, right?)
    However, this works only partially.
    1. It works for items in my inventory/stash
    2. it works for items that are already on the floor when I activate the maphack
    3. But, and this is the problem: it doesn't work for rare items that are dropped, when the filter is already activated. So it is useless... what do I have to change to make it work?
    thanks in advance! :)

I did another test:
    Code:
    ItemDisplay[(NMAG OR MAG OR RARE) (NORM OR EXC OR ELT)]: - //works just fine, just that i see the "-"
    ItemDisplay[(NMAG OR MAG OR RARE) (NORM OR EXC OR ELT)]: // doesn't work (as described above)

Last edited: Jun 11, 2021
  2. sphinx25

sphinx25 Well-Known Member

The order is important, i.e. the second filtering directive that you pass is telling the maphack to hide (display as null) all non-magical, magical or rare items that are dropped. In other words, given the sequence that you have, it behaves as expected.
    To achieve what you want, you should reverse the directives, i.e. place this one last:
    ItemDisplay[EQ5 !ETH RARE]: %GREEN%%NAME%
    Come back with results.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jun 9, 2021, Original Post Date: Jun 9, 2021 ---
    The way that BH maphack works (possibly Sting also) is that it takes lines of code in the .cfg file sequentially, line by line, top to bottom. So, for example, if in line 17 you tell it to hide some type of item (ex: diadem), then in line 51 you tell it to show that type of item under specific conditions (ex: show rare /set / unique diadems), than items that satisfy conditions set in line 51 will be shown, but those that do it for line 17, but not for line 51 (NMAG inferior, normal, superior, or MAG blue ones) will be hidden. That is why the order of instructions in the .cfg file is important.
    In my opinion, the way to organize the cfg file is to start with hiding items by generic types, then add conditions for items to be shown; simply put, hide generically, show specifically.

3. tommy.m

tommy.m Member

Ok thanks, I will try that. I am sceptical though, as the guide in this form states excactly the opposite:

http://forum.europebattle.net/threads/bh-maphack-configuration-guide.540603/
    Also my test with
    Code:
    ItemDisplay[EQ5 !ETH RARE]: %GREEN%%NAME%
    followed by
    Code:
    ItemDisplay[(NMAG OR MAG OR RARE) (NORM OR EXC OR ELT)]: - //works just fine, just that i see the "-"
    ItemDisplay[(NMAG OR MAG OR RARE) (NORM OR EXC OR ELT)]: // doesn't work (as described above)
    seems to work as stated in the guide: Rare Boots appear green, rest is just "-"
    --- Double Post Merged, Jun 9, 2021, Original Post Date: Jun 9, 2021 ---
    So, another test with
    Code:
    ItemDisplay[]: 1
    ItemDisplay[]:
    All items are shown as "1", not completely hidden.

So the first rule should apply, an it does with "ItemDisplay[(NMAG OR MAG OR RARE) (NORM OR EXC OR ELT)]: -"
    Just for whatever reason it doesn't work with "ItemDisplay[(NMAG OR MAG OR RARE) (NORM OR EXC OR ELT)]: "

4. Gix

Gix Founder

5. tommy.m

tommy.m Member

what do you mean? :)

didn't find much in that thread unfortunately. might be that I really don't know what would be the right search term

6. sphinx25

sphinx25 Well-Known Member

The keyword is %CONTINUE%, I forgot about that. This tells the maphack that, if there are additional rules for processing an item (or group) down the road, it should process those as well.
    And now 2 other aspects: 1. BH works the same in both SP and MP, even though some settings do not apply in SP, and 2. you should give the server a try, you should be good to go (rush up to hell, basic free items) in a few hours. There are still many months ahead until ladder reset, so there is enough time to enjoy multiplayer, public Baal runs, make some buddies along the way a.s.o.

• Draft saved Draft deleted