Solved Cannot load game past gameguard

Discussion in 'Help Desk' started by guy789, Mar 24, 2017.

1. guy789

guy789 Member

Hi,

I've been battling for the past couple of hours and cannot get this to work. I've followed through all the hints and tips, as well as deleting and re-installing,however still no success.

Can anyone suggest to do anything different?

2. Gix

Gix Founder

You haven't mentioned what is your operating system, your antivirus software, the error or what exactly happens when you are trying to start the game and neither the hints and tips you have tried so far. Start with offering us some information that we can work with.

3. guy789

guy789 Member

When clicking the game application, it briefly loads and than a large game guard icon appears and the application shuts down ( nothing appears to identify the error)
    --
    Windows 10 home edition
    Disabled AntiVirus Completely
    Set compatibility mode to XP for europebattle.exe, loader.exe and game.exe - Done
    Make sure to check the run as administrator box for all executable files - Done
    Turn off your antivirus, windows defender and uac - Done
    Set dep for essential windows programs and services only - Done

Anything you can suggest ive missed or can do additionally to do, would be really appreciated.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2017
  4. Gix

Gix Founder

You still haven't mentioned your antivirus software name. Have you also tried uninstalling it completly and see if there is any difference?

5. guy789

guy789 Member

Apologies, it was the free version of bit defender, however I completely uninstalled this and ran without virus protection to try and get it up and running.

Unfortunately still no luck!

6. Gix

Gix Founder

Did you read our note from the join page about the free version of bitdefender? Send me a private message with your teamviewer connect details (ID and PASS), download it if you don't have it yet.

7. klaus

klaus Senior Member

Some of the software you have installed is causing your problems. You can go to your Task Manager and on Start-up tab disable all of the programs, restart your computer and try again. This may resolve your problem, however it is more often than not caused by software that has deeper access ( ie Antivirus software , Optimizers and such ). You can look around in Program Files and uninstall software that you think may fall under this category.
    If, for some reason, because not everybody agrees to strangers looking into their computers, you refuse @Gix's help, you can post a few screenshots of your "Uninstall a program" so we can see what exactly is going on and maybe point you in the right direction.

Gix likes this.
  8. Gix

Gix Founder

It's ok, he can run the game now. I logged in through teamviewer and only had to reinstall the game (re-extracting portable version archive and re-applying the patch). I then realized he forgot to restart his computer (which he confirmed) after uninstalling free bitdefender version so most of the old settings were still active, therefore a simple pc restart or reinstalling the game did the trick. A new antivirus (AVAST) has been installed.

* Bitdefender is great, however the free version sucks so I can only recommend the paid versions here. AVAST (current leader) or AVG are your best choices if you need a free antivirus.

Ezekiel and klaus like this.
  9. guy789

guy789 Member

Thank you Gix, top service!

Gix likes this.
  • Draft saved Draft deleted