Can't identify version

Discussion in 'Help Desk' started by visuals0, Jan 30, 2015.

1. visuals0

visuals0 Member

I did every single step exactly how it says, and when I go to connect .. "Battle.net is unable to properly identify your application version." I obviously am retarded and can't do this, or something went wrong. Any help?

2. Gix

Gix Founder

Read the sticky threads: click here

TIP: A scratch reinstall helps a lot too but don't forget to read the How To Connect guide and patch the game correctly. Install D2 + LOD + Blizzard 1.13c Patch + Our realm patch. Run executables as administrator.Don't

Don't forget to add the Diablo 2 folder to antivirus exceptions list.

3. Darel1c

Darel1c Member

Hello,

As visuals0* I have made every step in its order and it still shows me unable to identify version. I have preinstalled the game, installed 1.13 patch, add your gateway and so like it's in the site, nothing changed. I can connect to other servers for d2, but still I can't connect yours. I am still trying to fix that, if you have any other ideas, share them - I have changed to administrator and windows 7 the compatibility, changed DEP options and so on.

Thanks for your time,

Have a nice day

4. Gix

Gix Founder

Turn DEP back to normal and restart your computer (this is mandatory).

5. Failure

Failure Supporter

I seem to be having the same issue.

Coming from a clean install. Patched to 1.13c. Installed realm files. Added Gateway. Gives error. Attempted to copy files from other computer that will run the server, but that fails as well.

Any ideas on how to fix this? Being run as admin in windows 7 compatibility mode. Functions fine on my desktop, would like to have it on my laptop as well.

Edit: It also appears something is wrong with the TDGameGuard

6. Gix

Gix Founder

Identify version has absolutely nothing to do with the gameguard, thats a common game issue.

Re-check my #2nd post of this thread. Your game might not have patched correctly.

Some more google help: Unable to Identify Application Version - Diablo II - Diablo Legacy Forums - Diablo III Misc Forums - Forums - Diablo Fans and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KywcBR5eXJI

If you already have W7, running as admin and still in W7 compatibility doesn't have sense. Try Windows XP compatibility instead.

You may also try a clean re-install but make sure to use a different hdd partition and folder name in this case then re-patch the 1.13c and install our server patch.

PS: Don't forget to delete the old DII files and registry before reinstalling.

7. Failure

Failure Supporter

Appears it was the registry. Had completely forgotten about it being a thing. Cleared it out, reinstalled and patched and seems to work fine now.

8. Gix

Gix Founder

That is the reason why I've mentioned that as people tend to forget about the registry a lot.

Glad you got it sorted out and welcome aboard.

PS: Please avoid quoting the last post of a thread and use quick reply instead when you want to answer.

• Draft saved Draft deleted