Guide CE Necromancer - Cow Runs

Discussion in 'Guides' started by Atox, Jan 6, 2020.

1. lawyerzzzz

lawyerzzzz Senior Member

Before I was cast in normal...Atm i'm casting it in Hell diffuculity...İ will try tonight...But i like this char because I found Jah Rune + 1 pbn Sk 38 life in one hour^^ Thx for all help

colder likes this.
  2. zirzius

zirzius Supporter

I haven't paying too much attention did you received an answer to this question or not.
    If no, so...
    It's very important to use low damage base for insight such as volgue(not collossus volgue).
    Becouse iron golem has a damage return aura, which works dramatically ( 1 hit) with auras cursed on him, such as lifetap(casted in act4) or the other one, which I don't remember now.
    I mean your golem will die in normal from 1 hit ( as he hits him self) if he as effected by lifetap even if he has shitloads of hp. Happened to me many times..
    So if u see your golem die in act4, its basically curse of lifetap combined with high damage base

Last edited: May 31, 2020
  3. JamesZahhh

JamesZahhh Supporter

I built the CE Necro. Though I enjoy the build it does require focus while farming. I've noticed when I farm I sometimes have to avoid singleton cows which get past my merc+golem and can kill me if I'm distracted. (Like while also watching a tv show)

Is there a way to build CE Necro to require less focus? (Aka more mindless play, with CE Spam and a secondary kill spell such as Bone Spear?) For instance, the PvM Amazon can throw an aoe attack and kill stragglers which survive via combat.

I think Bone Spear may be useful but I'd most likely need to sacrifice a lot of what makes this build quick and this may not be worth it. Anyone have thoughts?

4. sphinx25

sphinx25 Well-Known Member

The CE summoner, a CE necro assorted with skeleton summons is what you're looking for. Get some popcorn and let them do the job. It is slower, with popcorn, of course, but if popcorn is what you wish... :)
    When you feel like stepping in, amp and kaboom.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2020
    Atox likes this.
  5. zirzius

zirzius Supporter

You can always make an immortal build for necro, the one im using and loving it.
    I use Eth bugged Homo with zod, COA 15dr with 2ber, enigma and shadow dancers(as much as posible of dex) and rest items to reach 125 fcr breakpoint which are:
    Wizarspike, firegloves, spider, 2x fcr rings, amul 2necro 15fcr
    for this build focus on dextirity from items.
    Build 75% block and u will forget about death

hyperbox, Atox, Nopik and 1 other person like this.
  6. sphinx25

I re-read the build guide and would like to formulate few suggestions:
    1. for the merc, dracul's should be replaced, probably with a pair of cb / ias ++ gloves. The reason being that it will cast Life Tap once every 20 hits that he (successfully) lands ('on striking'), which overrides Amp Damage, which should be cast again, to go with the flow.
    2. Homunculus is a necro shield with too many goodies to be easily overlooked.
    +2 skills (and 2 to curses, extending AoE), highest CtB and ICB available on shields, 33 mana regen, 40@ and +5 maek - this + silkweaves will auto-fill the blue pot by themselves, as you kill with CE.
    Of course, 35% fcr (if going for 9 frame tele) will have to be replaced by a 2/20 helm + 2/15+ ammy. But this type of char can do extremely fine with 75% FCR (10 frame tele), since teleporting it not his main line of business.
    If one's a rich man, such as @zirzius , go for the zoded eth 200% ed homunculus (6.1k defense) and add enough dex for max block, then forget about ever getting hit. Even investing hard points into dex, rather than vita is really worth it, since a necro is only getting 2 life from every point into vita - very low RoI (return on investment).
    3. For the build that combines Ce with summons (skellies), I've read a quite interesting idea somewhere. Use Oath as a prebuff to cast lvl 16 heart of wolverine - that's +125% enhanced damage and +130% AR. If combined with Beast as main weapon, it is probably insane, even in P8 (might give it a try sometime). One last note: for recharging Oath, use Ort + any chipped gem + Oath in cube (very few people know about repairing and recharging recipes, and use gold instead, which hurts).

colder, Nopik and Atox like this.
  7. Duduloi

Duduloi Well-Known Member

my 2c about necro (my favourite build).
    - The whole build idea is to get as fast as possible first corpse, then corpse explosion. So, I love to build my necro like:
    - max iron golem/mastery : use as weapon a pride voulge. He can be iron maiden , the damage is low and he still survive. The only role of iron golem is to increase merc damage. (you know, first corpse rule). Infinity merc (note: a BOTD I recommend if you play this build for cows only)
    - CHAM-ed Shako (cannot be frozen) // if you want to run Chaos also.
    - HoTo + humunculus or spirit
    - 2 x SoJ, spiderweb belt, etc. Standard here. Mara amulet.

You got many +1 from items/skillers/torch/anni, need only 1 point in skeletons/mage/revive. Max your iron golem and avoid to be killed.

This build is a mass murderer cows killer.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2020
    colder and Atox like this.
  8. Duduloi

Duduloi Well-Known Member

so, i played this build a lot and my merc setup was BOTD.
    why BOTD instead Infinity ?

1. there is no cold damage in BOTD, comparing to Infinity. A dead body is available all the time with a BOTD merc.
    2. I chose a Giant Tresher BOTD because the weapon speed is -10 . BOTD offer 60 IAS, very easy to pass breakpoints. You only need 30 IAS, easy to get via gloves/amu.
    3. I use merc with G Face with 40 ED jewel (not 15/40, just 40ED). Consistent damage.
    4. LoH. Awesome for boss. A lot of bosses are Demons, and LoH is awesome here. (20 IAS and +350% Damage Against Demons)
    5 If you want, use a "Cannot be frozen" belt. Do not use RavenFrost because thet ring add cold damage.

After many tests, I decided for Insight golem. Cheap and good.

Also, BOTD offer poison ring, you can see every time where is your merc when the screen is full with monsters. Quality of Life.

so, strictly for CE necro, BOTD>Infi. My 2c.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 6, 2020
    Tzutzu79 likes this.
  9. Atox

Atox Senior Game Master Moderator

Hi there, I'm not sure what infinity you are comparing with but it doesn't add cold damage, so you will have a corpse available at all times anyway.
    [​IMG]
    There is a weapon ias breakpoint inside of the spoilers in the first post so please don't post links from other communities
    If the BOTD works better for you I'm not going to say that is not a good option but I will be honest with you most players won't swap Infinity for BOTD just because of the price range. Also BOTD in Ghost Spear base is a better choice in my opinion
    [​IMG]
    IAS
    Also I don't think the poison ring is a QOL to be fair I have never had any issue with not seeing where my merc and golem are also don't think that it matters that much.
    About BOTD>infy. You have to take in consideration as I said before the price of BOTD and then price of Infinity. You can get a cheap infinity for Ber+ up to 2ber which at that point you can make it yourself but I doubt you could to the same for the BOTD. Don't get me wrong there is nothing wrong with using BOTD instead of Infinity, you can see in the sample video from the first post how fast mobs die with infinity. Thank you for your feedback though.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2020
  10. Stefansg

Stefansg Supporter

Great guide, a lot of hardwork put into it and it looks like it’s very effective ( i prefer more life leech and i’m happy with 55ias on merc but that’s just me)
    Keep it up !

P.S:This is a basic CE necro guide(correct me if i’m wrong) witch is very helpful especially for the new players that join everyday, people can use their own way around this build, no point in arguing about why infinity or why iron golem.

hyperbox, Atox and Kefflar32 like this.
  11. Joaiuda

Joaiuda Highlord Cringe Supporter

Infi > botd

Atox and colder like this.
  12. toly

toly Supporter

hello guys, i have a question, since CE is 50% phys 50% fire dmg, CE get benefit from fire facets? im corious mostly about the fire pierce, or its just useless?
    atm im using wizardspike with 5-5 fire facet, shako with 5-5 fire facet, spirit 35% fcr magefist, mara 30, 2x soj, arachnid belt, enigma, wt, and i have the 125% fcr.
    if CE dont benefit from fire facets, what else should i use in shako and wizardspike?
    also im using full inv of pnb skillers for more range on CE.

13. Stefansg

Stefansg Supporter

I don’t think it does, you also need to hit the 86 fhr breakpoint so a shael in shako will help you get closer to that. Mine does perfect without any skillers, i see them as useless on ce necro.

14. toly

toly Supporter

well, i like the bigger range, but whatever,
    im just curious about the fire dmg% and fire pierce% on facet works with CE

15. Stefansg

Stefansg Supporter

You made me curious so i googled it, magefist works, they will add +1 to corp explosion as it uses fire dmg as you said so based on this i can say facets should work too as they add damage to any fire skill. Hope this helps.

16. toly

toly Supporter

yeah i googled too, and i found different answers, some ppl says the +fire% doesnt work, but the pierce does work, some ppl say both pierce and dmg% works, so idk...

17. Stefansg

Stefansg Supporter

I assume as long as magefist do work facets should also, they add fireskill damage and as you said corp explosion use 50% fire damage.

18. sphinx25

While I cannot provide a definite answer to your question (since I don't know), I think you could give it a simple test: same gear, but without the fire rbf's in wizzie and shako, see how it goes in the same playing conditions. Also, take a look at the char screen (CE damage), as well as extended info provided by BH Maphack, see what you can find out from there. Also, see how gameplay feels with one gear version vs. the other.
    And don't forget to post back with conclusions.

19. toly

toly Supporter

im using sting maphack, i cant see the exact dmg of CE sadly, i would be glad if you could tell me if it even possible to see the CE dmg somehow

20. inayat

inayat Head Game Master Moderator

not really exact damage, but maybe the % of hp. See if its noticable and how much % with and without facets/magefists it reduces hp.

• Draft saved Draft deleted