Solved Character stuck

Discussion in 'Help Desk' started by Escorb4r, Jun 7, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Escorb4r

Escorb4r Supporter

Got kicked from my game into the chat, now im unable to create games with my sorc and it has all my items and runes on it. So im pretty much stuck here, all my other characters are perfectly able to join and create games .. anyone got a fix for this, never experienced it before , several people in the chat got the same exact problem so im not the only one.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2018
  2. Gix

Gix Founder

What is your account and character name? Sounds like it got stuck and there are few other people that seem to be stuck on that particular game server too.

Escorb4r likes this.
  3. Escorb4r

Escorb4r Supporter

Account name : Escorb4r
    Char name : DonPabloEsco
    --- Double Post Merged, Jun 7, 2018, Original Post Date: Jun 7, 2018 ---
    Fixed now , Thanks for the help!

4. Gix

Gix Founder

Best Answer
    This is something that you will rarely or never encounter however it may happen on any realm including the official one so the following general steps are recommended:
    Start by checking if you have any active game processes and eventually restart your computer. If it's still stuck give it like an hour or so and try again.
    If you still can't get in, temporary switch and play a different character until the daily reboot that's at 4:00 AM UTC every day, this will automatically unstuck all characters.

If by any chance more characters get stuck at the same time and you see several other people in the chat experiencing the same problem then one of the game servers may need to be restarted before the regular daily restart so let us know via whisper or send us a private message here in the forums so we are aware of that.

While these are isolated cases as only one or two players may get stuck out of thousands so the general steps I listed above should be followed, there are times when more people can get stuck at the same time which is your case here and I see that something went wrong on that particular game server so a simple restart should fix it. Reasons are unknown so far as I've been discussing it with other server owners too and every single realm including the official one may experience either a soft or hard stuck of your character at some point hence why regular restarts are recommended, it's just something you would rarely experience for yourself and I'm guessing it's some sort of hardcoded built-in game protection because that's what the logs are pointing at. Anyway, I am pretty sure I have found a pattern of recognizing this in the future so I will be creating a script in the weekend that automatically performs an individual restart on the problematic game server if it's the case, thus unsticking everyone who might have been stuck so next time this happens it won't take more than a few minutes to be fixed. Again this only applies for the second scenario, if your character gets soft stuck or it's an isolated case then you'll just have to give it a few hours and eventually wait for the daily restart.

PS: Your character is fine now as you could see for yourself.

Inexile, TimmyDeezNuts and Escorb4r like this.
  5. nycter

nycter Senior Member

I was having simillar issues time to time and creating a game on another difficulty always help me in that situation, then I just leave and create/join games on whatever difficulty I want

Gix likes this.
  6. Gix

Gix Founder

This was something different though, one of the game servers required a restart and it's all good now.

Escorb4r likes this.