GM Application colder's Application

Discussion in 'Admin Applications' started by colder, Aug 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. colder

colder One of the Legends Game Master

Name:
    Dariusz
    Poland
    Online Time:
    Some hours in the day, in winter i can more
    Spoken Languages:
    English , polish, português and i understand a little bulgarian
    Account Name:
    Colder
    Game Playing Experience:
    More years , started in 2007 played on more servers , here is some ladders
    How can you help the server?:
    Im hc player , i can help support for new players ench , rush items,ubers , can learn about more builds d2 and more

CYLON, DzikiOgur and aBUCHa like this.
  2. inayat

inayat Head Game Master Moderator

Thank you for your application.
    But part of being a GM also includes forum activity, not only in-game.

Please improve your forum activity and your application will be reviewed.
    An active HC GM is always welcome.

Also dont make useless posts just to get your post count up.

Regards.

Fatty180 likes this.
  3. aBUCHa

aBUCHa Well-Known Member

Colder is 99 lvl party players[​IMG] , I saw personally
    Also, He is very friendly and really knows about the game

If a person is interested in playing and not being a forum, why should not he allow it?

4. inayat

inayat Head Game Master Moderator

@aBUCHa you yourself are an old lvl 99 player.
    And thus you know that a lot of help from GM also happen on forum.
    This is why we require forum activity.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2017
  5. aBUCHa

aBUCHa Well-Known Member

What kind of activity do you want from a hardcore player?
    Trade? - no, he play privat and many people are not interested in trading so many days, how is it doing on SC... And if you remember only North44 and YOU Inayat can correct help players on prices and trade in this Ladder. Remaining GM is do not reach your.
    Best find of the day? - if he will take screenshots then he will just die

I ask to revise the decision

colder likes this.
  6. Quinneczech

Quinneczech Fat! Old! HardCORE! Forum Legend

Game mechanics are still the same, SC or HC... So he can answer questions of new players, help them with their technical difficulties, troubles with forums etc. There is a lot GM should do.

Other than that, i have nothing against promoting Colder to GM, he is well mannered, willing to help ingame, has sufficient language skills.

7. Fatty180

Fatty180 Well-Known Member

Hmmmm never heard of this guy in game :D

8. aBUCHa

aBUCHa Well-Known Member

I saw him almost every day, sometimes we talked, played a couple of times
    Sometimes I even thought, that Colder is Gix [​IMG]

9. MMladenov

MMladenov Well-Known Member

Highly approve Colder`s Application for Admin.

Colder is polite to all of the players and i have never seen him to insult somebody.
    He is regular player and he is always willing to help.

The level doesn`t mean anything.

And...
    Hardcore community NEEDS an admin, because all of the admins are playing ONLY Softcore (which is ridiculous in my opinion).
    He can overwatch hardcore duels and punish the players if they don`t obey the duel rules (stacking resistance, using Full Rejuv. potions and etc.).
    I`ve been in this situation already and it really sucks - when you want to duel someone and you see him how he doesn`t obey any rules and WHAT? No admin, no nothing (.. you can say: Make screenshots or record a video while dueling, but is it matter if you are dead because he has no honor and no one can punish him?

Regards,
    SSC TEAM

colder likes this.
  10. zguby

zguby The Second Coming Forum Legend

Hi, i have a HC char, you can always ask me to join, but i've never seen somebody asking for such thing in public chat or whisp me.

Regarding the app, as inayat said, there needs to be more forum activity.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2017
  11. Gix

Gix Founder

@MMladenov, I never saw you asking for a GM duel. There are also dedicated HC admins too and the most active one is currently away, having a new baby born, etc so personal life has priority. Also, all GMs have access to some common HC accounts that they can use if needed but have in mind that GMs aren't supposed to login into all public duel games and overwatch everyone 24/7 because some people are too comfortable to download a free video recorder and fill a report which would only take a few minutes. You have to learn what leaving a feedback for someone means otherwise I'm going to remove your rude posts and just because colder is your friend it doesn't mean he'll do a good job as a GM, that's for us to decide not you. Forum activity is also a must regardless if someone is playing HC or SC and the main responsibilities of a GM are not monitoring duel games every single minute of the day. Things like activity, professionalism, ability to work in a team environment, speaking and writing english well are far more important and that's what we're looking for otherwise we could end up babysit yet another person as we did before and let me tell you we're not eager to repeat that experience.

GMs can write in blue letters and they shall appear in the /admins list and their forum username has a different colour from regular users too.

12. Quinneczech

Quinneczech Fat! Old! HardCORE! Forum Legend

Behold, the Mighty Quinn! :whistle::whistle:

Fatty180, Nopik, zguby and 1 other person like this.
  13. MMladenov

MMladenov Well-Known Member

Greetings,

@zguby Many of the active players in hardcore nowadays are rushed and equipped by me or my amigos. The fact that you haven`t been offered such thing means that you don`t really need that thing
    (Our HC Trade from 27 june active, includes section, what we offer for free - Ench, Rush through Normal/Nm/Hell and start equip. for hardcore adventures)

@Gix I didn`t want to be rude at all. I`m just being honest.
    1. I did it once, seeking for GM to overwatch a HC duel (between me & Be ) - but there wasn`t active GM - that`s why i underlined the need of GM at HC.
    2. I know the only active GM at HC, now is not active (due to his baby) , that`s why i unterlined the need of GM at HC.
    3. I think you know Colder even better than me, i suppose you already have few chats with him - the good part is that you shared your opinion about his application, because of my post. Telling someone the truth is always the right way. I know that his English is far from perfect, but he`ll improve it, i bet.

In my friend list, i have 44 friend accounts - 5 of them are property of SSC, 4 of them are SC Players and the rest are almost all of the hardcore active players. To be honest, Colder is the most regular player from there. I know the GM responsibilities are not babysitting, BUT almost everyone can do everything from the things you`ve said above - forum activity, working in team, helping ppl in the chat, rushing newbies, helping them and etc.(the good things). But when it comes to Life/Death (bad things)- dueling HC, not everyone can stay righteous. Justice should be in Both SC and HC.

I haven`t lost a single char in combat, i know the duels are not the most important thing, but your team should think about active HC admin, who can keep the justice in the realm.

Regards

colder likes this.
  14. Gix

Gix Founder

Keep in mind that GMs also have their personal life and they can't be online 24/7 overwatching some HC duel, the only time you asked for it, besides I'm sure you asked for one during a late night hour or early morning when most are sleeping, working or studying. Anyhow, as I said, GMs have shared access to both HC and SC accounts so one can join any of the difficulties in case of help being needed.

@colder, welcome in the team. We are happy to see that over the years you have matured and improved overall.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2020