Solved Connection Problem

Discussion in 'Help Desk' started by D2Addict, Apr 13, 2024.

1. D2Addict

D2Addict Senior Member

Hey, so for the past 3 days or so i've been having problems getting into battle.net. day 1 i had this the following issue for about 6-8 hours or so after that i could play with some disconnections and loading problems 1-3 games kicked to main menu if not kicked it took about 1 minute or more to load the chat channel "Diablo II" then took about 15 seconds to start searching for games when i clicked "Join game" on day 2 it continued for a while after 12pm (several disconnections etc...) and on day 3 i now can't get in and sometimes instead of showing the error it just takes me to main menu sometimes it gets to the login screen after inserting my password it sticks to "Please Wait" and if it gets to the Character selection screen it stays there till it gives me the "Battle.net is not responding" error sometimes when i get in after entering chat it would disconnect from Bnet instantly without loading the characters or messages

Link: https://imgur.com/a/kpY3VU9
    Link 2: https://imgur.com/a/VCSG5wP | it also commonly gets stuck on this message, Accessing your account and Checking versions
    Link 3: https://imgur.com/a/YitN5eJ

I've attempted to: Re-Apply/Register the Gateway through the "EuropeBattle Gateway" program, re-install the game, modify the gateway through the gateway editor.

Note: Whenever i use the "Detect Gateway" function on the Gateway Editor it connects with either 280/350 ms or sometimes above 1000 ms

Last edited: Apr 13, 2024
  2. Gix

Gix Founder

Hey there. Most likely it's an issue on your provider's end, so reinstalling the game or modifying the gateway through gateway editor won't really change anything. It could also be the router in case you are using one, but most likely it's the provider itself and these are usually symptoms of network congestion, packet losses, etc so I would suggest giving them a call if it doesn't get any better in the coming days.
    The issue could also be on the upstream end which your internet provider uses for international connectivity and single or multiple routes could be affected instead and not necessarily all nodes.

If you turn off your firewall or allow ICMP/Ping requests to your IP address I could run a few tests and check your network from several different locations around the globe, other than that there's not much we can do on our end unfortunately.

3. D2Addict

D2Addict Senior Member

Dunno how to allow ICMP/Ping requests but when your free i can disable the firewall, i'll give it a few more days before contacting the ISP

4. Gix

Gix Founder

@D2Addict, you may follow this video guide:

5. D2Addict

D2Addict Senior Member

i've followed the guide but i still get the "Request Timed Out" from Command Prompt after pinging the IP used in the video idk if thats supposed to happen

there were also 2 of the "ICMPv4-In" in my Inbound Rules i enabled both

6. Gix

Gix Founder

The IP used in the video is merely an example, however your firewall is still blocking Ping requests. Could be due to using a 3rd party software that comes with a firewall or router firewall.
    No worries then, was just curious if there are any major packet losses during those connection problems. I would contact the ISP if this continues in the coming days.

7. D2Addict

D2Addict Senior Member

i could disable the firewall if you'd still like to run the tests

i disabled it i'll re-enable it at 10pm my time (30 minutes or so) depends on if u need more time

Last edited: Apr 13, 2024
  8. Gix

Gix Founder

I'm not around my computer to perform the network tests at the moment, you may revert the changes and hopefully they will remediate the problem soon.

9. D2Addict

D2Addict Senior Member

No more connection problems today so it clearly was the ISP and not the server thnx for trying to help tho :) @Gix

10. Gix

Gix Founder

Anytime mate, glad to hear it's been resolved quickly.

• Draft saved Draft deleted