Covid-19

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by NaBelea, Jan 30, 2021.

1. NaBelea

NaBelea Well-Known Member

Well so here's the thing...I know @Escorb4r had a similiar thread...so here's my question...anybody here except him had been positive...?
    I've been positive for ~3 days now...and I was wonder what pills did anybody else who has been positive took...how they felt etc.

This isn't a thread to ask for simpathy...I'm doing decent...I just want to get thru it with the best chances...so anybody that was positive,fire away with what you did and how you feel after. Thanks

2. Stefansg

Stefansg Supporter

Hi, i've been tested positive yesterday and i received a call from NHS ( the health department in UK). They told me to avoid medicine and go for tea, virtamins( they recomanded zinc), infusion etc. Altough i adopted a naturist aproach to cold and flu in the past years and i don't remember the last time i ever took pills.
    As in regards to symptoms i felt alright but since yesterday when i received the news i had fever and some headaches, nothing major yet( might be psychologic)
    I am curious what symptoms do you have by now, i had a couple of friends who had been postive and 1 of them died without having major health issues but still i am a bit sceptic about this virus. Anyway i should keep it to the topic and avoid an opinions war going on here.

Best wishes.

NaBelea likes this.
  3. NaBelea

Yup,this is mostly for information like I've said...

Simptoms,luckily for me,I've lost sense of smell and taste,had mild fever and I've got pains (usually on my back,where the lungs are,and I know lungs don't hurt,but that's where the pain is..) a few other places where I have pains....other than that,I feel pretty decent,I've taken cold/flu medicine,but mostly vitamins ( I'm taking a mix of vitamin C + vitamin D + zinc) ...that's it...

It made me sleepy...and that's about it...

And honestly,that's what I fear also...like getting complications out of nowhere...especially since I'm not in the best shape phisically....

Keep your head up and keep calm...I'm like 90% sure that if you panic,it makes it worst... I'm in quarantine in the house and I'm not leaving until the 12th Feb...

4. Gix

Gix Founder

Sorry to hear that and hope you'll both get well soon.
    Luckily it doesn't sounds like you have any other health issues that might put you in a higher risk of having serious symptoms. Basically you'll want to get plenty of rest, drink as much fluids to avoid dehydration and take some multivitamins during the quarantine. There are some rumors about taking ibuprofen that claim to worsen COVID-19 but nothing has been proved so far.

colder and Stefansg like this.
  5. NaBelea

Actually,I'm quite at risk of having serious complications...I've got a heart condition,I'm a bit overweight..and a few other "minor" issues,that's why I made this post...to keep me "informed" of other people who have it ...it's better to talk about it...and I'm kinda locked in,without that many people knowing...so thanks for the well wishes.

6. Quinneczech

Quinneczech Fat! Old! HardCORE! Forum Legend

I “had” it, no symptomes, 1 day fever, thats it. Spent a day in a bed, like i usually do during autumn flu time, got up after that, since i have kids to watch for.
    That was it for me.
    Funny enough, with all this covid crazyness, we had flu epidemic back in early 2000s which spiked as high as 6k deaths in 2 months. It lasted 3 months, and nobody made a big deal out of it. Now are people held in their homes for almost a year with no idea, when it will end, with significantly less dangerous “disease”.

Nopik, Stefansg and sphinx25 like this.
  7. sphinx25

sphinx25 Well-Known Member

I pondered a lot before writing, and chose to write in the end.
    Hydroxicloroquine and Ivermectin are the two remedies that I heard / read most about, from doctors that are not bought and paid for by you-know-WHO. Cheap and highly effective, and very disturbing to the business model pumped up by the media. In addition to vitamins C & D3 plus Zinc.
    Always consult with one or more physicians before you make such a decision.
    And, most importantly, a strong immune system, with rest during night time, will keep one's body strong enough to fight most of adversaries, as designed by Mother Nature.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2021
    Stefansg likes this.
  8. NaBelea

Hey,so quick update,I'm doing good,only had some soft aches,lost sense of smell and taste (got a bit of taste and smell back) and a dry cough.
    I'll be out of quarantine on the 12th of Feb ... can't await to actually get out of the house,I'm losing my mind stuck in between 4 walls...

9. sphinx25

sphinx25 Well-Known Member

It probably sucks, I have not had the "pleasure" of getting any symptoms since this madness started, although I have not avoided contact with fellow humans.
    But hang in there, it will pass. And stay away from so-called vaccines. Your immune systems know / learn how to deal with intruders, have faith in that, not in what propaganda tells you over and over what's good for you.

Stefansg likes this.
  10. Escorb4r

Escorb4r Supporter

@NaBelea

I feel you, i had the same questions when i was sick.
    No one deserves to be as sick as i was, it was really a nightmare for a long time, i did not use any medicine besides regular pain killers.
    The only way to help yourself when having this sickness is to relax.

NaBelea likes this.
  11. NaBelea

@Escorb4r

Yeah...this sickness is actually nightmare inducing...I've been out of isolation for about a week now...I still have little to no sense of smell...If I walk up a flight of stairs I get out of breath,still have brain fog,get dizzy,shortness of breath etc...

Nobody should have it.... hope you feel better now man.

• Draft saved Draft deleted