Craigslist Scammer - Couldn't help but mess with him

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by TimmyDeezNuts, May 10, 2017.

1. TimmyDeezNuts

TimmyDeezNuts Rezident Ninja Forum Legend

So I was applying for jobs online, including Craigslist. Applied to this "computer technician" one that didn't include much information, but I didn't realize it was a scam post until I got a reply email. After seeing their response, I researched this scam, and found out that they send you fake checks for the "repair and shipping" which after you deposit into your account, they will request you quickly send the shipping money via Western Union to some random 3rd party shipper. The check will bounce, and you will be stuck paying for the money you just sent via WU. I may be the last person to find out about this, but I just wanted to share my experience with you guys.

scam1.jpg
    Strange, paying someone to install Win XP? And they used the same name as mine?
    scam2.jpg
    So I ask some questions for clarification, just to confirm the scam.
    scam3.jpg
    "Arrange delivery and pickup" - jackpot
    scam4.jpg
    $500 to install Win XP on a few crappy old laptops? I'm worse than Geek Squad. If you accept this offer, let the games begin.
    scam5.jpg
    The deal is sealed! Lol I couldn't help myself. I was bored today.
    scam6.jpg
    :ROFLMAO::D:cry:

Haven't received a response after that, but if I do I will be sure to update you all.

2. Gix

Gix Founder

Tell him that windows xp is unsupported and free for about few years now.
    If he still wants to make the deal then tell him to pay first 50% of total amount in bers.

Craigslist...

TimmyDeezNuts likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted