Solved D2 Halt Error - need Help

Discussion in 'Help Desk' started by Kendoshi, Feb 20, 2015.

1. Kendoshi

Kendoshi Member

Hello Everyone

I have a problem with an D2 Halt Error.

Full Text;

Diablo II Error

Halt
    Expression : Unrecoverable internal error 6f8574ae

My System is:
    Win 7 Pro SP1
    i7-2600 3.4Ghz
    16.0GB RAM
    GeForce GTX780 (340.52)

Im using GLIDE3-to-OPENGL-Wrapper Version 1.4e with D2HACKMAP-Stings Version 2.24
    All Shortcuts are set to run as Admin with XP SP2 comp.

D2LODv1.13c
    My D2 is re-installed the thrid time now. I tryed to play in Window.mode ... didnt help.
    I also tryed out setting off most of glide wrapper functions one by one, to see
    if something would interrupt D2 to read some files. still the Errors came up randomly.

Sometimes in town walking to the vendor...freez. Sometimes while just using the first cast after arriving at Mefi.

I was playing D2 on different servers and i also used stings and the glide wrapper befor with no such errors.

So my last hope are you guys now ;D

Could it be that the Gameguard blocks d2 reading some files correctly? or is it perhaps the patch for autoconnection?

perhaps some fail registry parameters.

I realy hope someone can help me with this Halt error.

Thx

Kendoshi

2. Gix

Gix Founder

First of all Hello and Welcome aboard.

If you managed to get ingame already then the gameguard has nothing to do with that error which is specific to the game itself. The only issue you could have with the gameguard would have been to add the D2 folder into your antivirus exception, thats all. And just because you played other servers in the past or used glide this doesn't mean anything. The game could start acting weird the next second after working fine for months, it's normal for old games and new OS/hardware. The gameguard does what the name says otherwise it would be named "gameblocker" and well, no one would be able to start the game anymore, right?

What happens if you run D2 as normal, no mh, no glide or any other 3rd party software that you seem to use?
    Also try running D2VidTest and set it to run on 2D and not 3D. This is an old game with known errors when it's played on new hardware configuration.

A bit of google search camed up with this result Solved: diablo II error halt location:, line 90 expressions: unrecoverable internal e - Tech Support Guy
    "Eject the disc tray and then close it. When the menu pops up press options. Click run video test. Then click skip test. Change your DirectDraw from 3D to 2D. Press OK. This worked for me. Hope it does for you..."

And this is a case like the one that I just explained in the second line of my post unrecoverable internal error.. damn it! | Diablo 3 and Diablo Forums - Diablo: IncGamers
    Game was working just fine this morning and the past week although I did noticed a bit more lag than usual. This error happens only when I try to load a character ...

melihsoykan likes this.
  3. Kendoshi

Kendoshi Member

Thx for the fast reply ;D

I will try to change some more settings and see what happens.

bye

4. Kendoshi

Kendoshi Member

ok its Glide ;/ without it and with stings no erros anymore.

but the game looks so bad in fullscreen... what the to go mode is for me.

Sure i can set the game to window-mode but i will still play in windowfullscreen mode at the end.

So if someone has some good settings for windowed or fullscreen plx feel free to post it.

5. Kendoshi

Kendoshi Member

could fix the problem by removeing reg-entries via glide and puting back basic settings.

:thumbup:

Gix likes this.
  6. Gix

Gix Founder

Glad to hear that, most errors come from 3rd party softwares after all.

7. Kendoshi

Kendoshi Member

still no clue why i could play with glider for years without this error.

Btw the error is still happening but much less often now ...

but its happening only if i die in a game log out and log in back to the "SAME" game to get my body. At this point it can take 1 sec or 1 min but the error will appier.

Anyone has an idea why this could happen? ( at this point MH is running glider ofc too.)

8. vagydarnuor

vagydarnuor Member

Hi, have the same issue with Glide. Still have no cure for this error msg :(

• Draft saved Draft deleted