Solved Diablo 2: Halt error location line #1110 Expression unrecorveable intenral error 6fe218d5

Discussion in 'Help Desk' started by zstx, Jul 28, 2023.

1. zstx

zstx Member

Hello everyone i have a problem related to joining games whenever i want to join game no matter what launching settings i use im getting the halt error(the only exception is -w but lets be honest who would play on that game looks like a trash and its dark af also for my friend who has the same problems even the -w doesnt work) we tried literally everything and we dont know what to do about it we played earlier like maybe 2 years ago when eubattle didnt eved had that new launcher and everything was working fine. any help appreciated

Attached Files:

2. Gix

Gix Founder

The launcher merely runs the game without you having to create a shortcut and add all those parameters manually, it doesn't change the game if you are using the default launch options. Are you having the same issue when you create a game as well or only when joining one? What other 3rd party tools are you using (such as maphack or any other tools) and what are your selected launcher settings?
    You can also create a shortcut for the Game.exe inside of your game directory or simply run the other desktop shortcut that does exactly that.
    The game didn't change since the last time you played but your setup or configuration most likely did change and that's probably the culprit. Also, let us know what OS are you using W10/W11, etc.

3. zstx

zstx Member

i got these issues only when i try to join the game creating new game and playing on it works perfectly fine the 3rd programs that im using are bh maphack and the launcher settings im playing on (singleplayer) is -ddraw to play multi i use -w but it seems to doesnt work sometimes and for my friend none of these work and he gets halt literally everytime wich didnt happened before

4. Gix

Gix Founder

So most likely the BH + DDRAW combination is what's causing the error for you and that's probably because of another installed software you have in your computer that causes the conflict. Try the BH + Glide Wrapper (3dfx) combination and if you're still getting the same error then replace BH with Sting maphack and see if you're getting the error still.

PS: What's your friend's account name?

Kefflar32 likes this.
  5. zstx

zstx Member

when i try to launch a game using glide i can hear the game started but my screen is pitch black and finally a new error pops in UNHANLED EXCEPTION (c0000000d)
    i actually removed bh completly and joining games seems to work on every instance i choose so it may cause problems thanks anyway later ill test how it is with sting and ill post results here
    --- Double Post Merged, Jul 29, 2023, Original Post Date: Jul 29, 2023 ---
    aight i tried sting and everything seems to work fine for me we will see how it will be with my friend but im now 100% sure it will be the same issue tysm gix

Kefflar32 likes this.
  6. Gix

Gix Founder

The UNHANLED EXCEPTION (c0000000d) error with Glide Wrapper is harmless and has been addressed here, you can thank Microsoft for that as one of their older windows updates messed up multiple oldschool games not just Diablo but there's an easy fix to make that message go away upon closing the game. As for the pitch black screen, you are probably missing proper configuration and need to run D2VidTst.exe and select 3DFX Glide instead as your current configuration was set for DDraw. Have in mind all these are 3rd party tools for Diablo II and they may cause issues sometime on modern operating systems and various PC configurations due to multiple factors such as various installed software, multiple installed diablo clients over time that have been improperly removed, etc.

Glad to hear it's working fine with the Sting maphack, you're very welcome. Do you remember if you were using BH or Sting the last time you played here?

Kefflar32 likes this.
  7. zstx

zstx Member

i was using bh but my pc was way older and my system was win 7 now i got modern pc and this may cause an issue like you said

• Draft saved Draft deleted