Diablo 2 Resurrected

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Devilwish, Feb 19, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Devilwish

Devilwish Well-Known Member

D2 Resurrected incoming LOL
    Corrected typo: resurrected*

Moderator Note: There are no plans as of now for a D2R EuropeBattle version as Blizzard made it clear that they will not support D2R modding for private realms, if anything ever changes in the future we will update you on this. EuropeBattle will continue as a legacy realm just as usual with an improved gameplay, QoL changes and many other benefits over the battlenet servers.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 19, 2021
    ivan g and Remind like this.
  2. Gix

Gix Founder

The graphics look actually nice but I wouldn't be too concerned about it, Diablo IV will steal the spotlight most likely when the time comes and to avoid any sort of confusion from the initial post, private servers will always play their role regardless especially since Blizzard has already announced they are not going to interfere with mods in any way.
    Also, don't forget about warcraft reforged or how most people would say "warcraft refunded" which for some people it's definitely going to be a concern.

PS: They are basically adding 3D on top of the 2D engine.

3. Stefansg

Stefansg Supporter

Would this server be able to update to that level? :D

4. Gix

Gix Founder

I'm going to quote someone who posted this in the game channel a few minutes ago and made me giggle.
    <uuee> hopefully in 2030 we can play d2 remaster here, with maphack, quality of life improvements and a real community:p

Escorb4r, JackTheRipper and Stefansg like this.
  5. Stefansg

Stefansg Supporter

The gaming experience had always been more pleasant here than on bnet from my point of view. Really looking forward to this as it shouldn’t be a hard transition as long as the game mechanics remains the same and they just update the graphics.

p.s: 2030? Where is the positivity?:rolleyes:

JackTheRipper likes this.
  6. Gix

Gix Founder

I think you misunderstood, he was basically implying that this community will still be here 10 years from now. Also, of course this would probably be a hard transition as blizzard invested a huge amount of money in order to rewrite a large part of their game engine and there is no guarantee that's even going to pay off for them or not; only time will tell as of now there is very little information.

/edit They announced modding support but appears to be sort of limited and different from regular diablo though, however, there is a long way until anything will be clear as the game it's not even released yet.

/edit As of now there are no plans for a D2R EuropeBattle version as Blizzard made it very clear that they will not support D2R modding for private realms, if anything ever changes in the future we will update you on this. EuropeBattle will continue as a legacy realm just as usual and with an improved gameplay, QoL changes and many other benefits over the battlenet servers.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2021
    kiwifruit and Stefansg like this.
  7. Stefansg

Stefansg Supporter

The paladin looks like the weeknd :LOL:

8. JackTheRipper

JackTheRipper Senior Member

The Paladin looks goofy as **** lmao I thought the characters all looked good, maybe it's just me but he looks too old and his hair is too big. I guess they didn't want him looking too much like Tyrael in D3? Barb could look a bit better too, he needs to be thicker imo lol The rest look pretty accurate to what I expected. Druid looks bad ass!
    --- Double Post Merged, Feb 20, 2021, Original Post Date: Feb 20, 2021 ---
    I'm actually pretty hyped as I've been wanting Diablo II on console for ages. It'll be nice to play with my friends who've never played the original or started on D3. Now they can see the light. I'm happy they're barely changing anything about the game as a core, although I do think they could still benefit from having a MUCH LARGER STASH/INVENTORY/CUBE.

This server is still hands down the best version of D2 I've played, but I am still excited for sure to play Resurrection.

Stefansg, colder, Atox and 1 other person like this.
  9. Fear0fTheDark

Fear0fTheDark Senior Member

I don't know what's wrong with you guys, nobody told you the game will replace D2 Original in any way, that's a complete new game actually.
    They added things missing from original (not modded one) like advanced stats, shared stash, auto gold-pickup & auto-party options, friends list, also added things from D3 like compare items, non-unique names (hooray!), Zoom, items looks the same when equipped it as you loot them etc.

The game can run on 4k, 7.1 Audio, everything's new, graphics, effects, extra ambient sounds. It's a full remake with all heroes & stuff, including LoD for only 40 Euros/$.

Also we have D4 new class, skills & mechanics, D:Immortal near release (this year also), let's hope D4 for the next year.

That's the most amazing Blizzcon which I have ever watched or will watch in the future :eek::cry::sneaky:
    That's 3 DIABLO GAMES FOR HELL SAKE, 2 of them will be released THIS YEAR.

No one can spoil my mood, I watched their full program until 4AM my time, going to sleep at 5, I woke up at 8 and I don't care, it's f&*&&& worth it!!!!
    NOT EVEN DEATH CAN SAVE ME FROM PLAYING RESURRECT THIS YEAR, HELL YEAH!!!!

p.s. that's my pulse after the 2 minute trailer, it was 80 before that.
    my pulse after d2r announced.jpg

maxmadness, sphinx25, Remind and 2 others like this.
  10. ivan g

ivan g Well-Known Member

i look some gameplay videos today , it looks monster good

11. NaBelea

NaBelea Well-Known Member

I just saw the trailer and a little gameplay...it basically looks like it looked in my eyes,when I was young. I was the interview with the dev team...and they seem the right people to do it...I've got some hopes about D2 Resurrected ...

We'll see....I just hope it's not 59.99$ for a remastered game ....

12. ivan g

ivan g Well-Known Member

its 39.99 , 59.99 its a pack with diablo 3 +++ i think

13. Stefansg

Stefansg Supporter

Its 39.99

14. Fear0fTheDark

15. inayat

inayat Head Game Master Moderator

dem boobs on Andy, i approve.

Remind, JackTheRipper and Stefansg like this.
  16. maxmadness

maxmadness Senior Member

Honestly guys I am so happy for this news. But... the druid looks like 30 years older, the young sorc from diablo 2 is now fat and the boobs are like a grandmother's around 75 years old lol. Where is the hair of the barbarian? Why he is so small... I liked absolutely everything,except the heroes... I hope they will fix some stuff and this is not the final version. The Barbarian looks absurd...

17. JackTheRipper

JackTheRipper Senior Member

I agree! I'm glad they're not censoring and adding cups or something to cover her up...it's her design. boobs are boobs lol we all adults here.

18. sphinx25

sphinx25 Well-Known Member

Are you gona fondle Andy's boobs to death?

Last edited: Feb 23, 2021
    Stefansg and ivan g like this.
  19. Fear0fTheDark

:LOL::eek: you're right about the b00bs Inayat
    Quick question for you @inayat & @Gix , do you have any plans to run a server on D2R with the same modifications?

Check out this post http://forum.europebattle.net/threads/diablo-2-resurrected.546278/#post-966995
    There is no information about that at the moment, therefore there are no plans until the actual game releases and it will be more clear what will or will not be allowed in terms of modding.
    As of now there are no plans for a D2R EuropeBattle version as Blizzard made it very clear that they will not support D2R modding for private realms, if anything ever changes in the future we will update you on this. EuropeBattle will continue as a legacy realm just as usual and with an improved gameplay, QoL changes and many other benefits over the battlenet servers.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 23, 2021
  20. LeazyWarior

LeazyWarior Member

I'm not worried about the graphics, although they also broke it (looking at w3 reforged). I am waiting for this game, but I have a bad opinion about Blizzard / Activision - so I can only positively surprise
    I'm worried about the graphics, about gameplay, about the skill tree