Announcement Diablo II Ladder Reset - 13 May 2016

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Gix, Apr 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Merowinger

Merowinger Active Member

I personally do not think it was a random choice. Takin into account that a unique Sacred Armor is one of the most rare basic drops (meaning excluding decent rare, magical and crafts) this improvement makes some sence since it seems ironic finding a Templar which is very rare that basically is no good item at all, so this custom modding is more like an balancing patch for items while it does not really has a big impact for pvp or pve challenges. Same is true for the Oculus mod since the teleport trigger was really annoying that made ppl avoid using it most of the time. The Aura on it has also not really a big impact on pvp and pve balancing and is just a handy feature.
    So.. modding different items each reset would come along with 2 risky things: The developers of the server would have to check out the balancing every time and there would be a high chance that the game changes in a bigger way than intended.
    Additionally you have to be aware that there will be a none ladder pool of items that will grow.. Making any mistake here is more or less undoable since u do not want to just rip an overpowered item off players while they have farmed for it.
    And last but not least... Combinations of modded items within the none ladder pool could turn out to be broken aswell which developers would have to double checked every time they include a new modded item. The chance is very high that the developers would just mess it all up and destroy the feeling of the blizzard like game style.

Gix and JohnDoe like this.
  2. Rady

Rady Member

I think modded items idea is not ok.Keep game clean is more interesting.
    You must think about this 10 days remaing,the server become almost unpoppulated.I'm looking and i see everybody are trowing items on the ground,runes,charms,jewels...is a starnge feeling.
    when you see this.Making the reset earlyer is a good thing for my point of wiew.Have fun!

3. JohnDoe

JohnDoe Active Member

Even now there are about 250 players online, Definitely not as 550 but ..

For one reason or another, The Ladder reset will be on 13 May. As regards the addition of other modified items I am strongly against :)

Gix likes this.
  4. bon bon ceyo

bon bon ceyo Member

Gix likes this.
  5. Alst

Alst Active Member

Yes, you are right, I didn't take into account non-ladder chars. Indeed, sacred armor is the rarest drop, but this can be modified. You can make for example an additional unqiue berserker axe which drops 1/6 of the time and the other 5/6 is death cleaver.
    Anyways, this was just a fun idea, no harm done :)

6. Gix

Gix Founder

What are you talking about? People are just waiting for the ladder reset, thats how it works and those who are planning to play ladder only are giving out their equipment while others will use it for dueling on non-ladder or continue to level up their character. There is no need to make the reset earlier when the date was set, even bnet gives a 2 week announcement before the ladder reset. Any launch/relaunch/ladder reset, etc needs some pre-advertising time to let everyone know about what it's coming and by this both old players and new ones will be informed and will join the ladder reset day (and even now there are still lots of players playing, you're probably not aware that most private servers don't even reach 20% of our active players at this moment on their peak times).

Also, it was @Alst who made a suggestion but we never claimed that we'll mod additional items. As @Merowinger explained, and he is right, we only modded (we did this many years ago) few of the items that were rare and useless in the original game. We consider that items Tyrael and Templar for example had to be balanced because their default stats were just non-sense for something that is considered a rare item so thanks to the changes we made they are now worthy to be looted and not overpowered by any means.

Other than the changes we already have in place we intend to keep the game as original as possible and this is being mentioned right into the first post. Our patch as it is right now has been receiving lots of positive feedback during the years and it really seems perfectly balanced by following the blizzlike original concept and having just some extra things to make the game a bit easier and improve some of the rare items that were considered to be worthless. No need to change something that it's already considered great and pleases everyone. If we'll intend to target the modding community as well then we shall host a separate realm in the future but there is no telling when or if there will be one, however our blizzlike realm remains untouched in terms of modding items/skills/etc.

What everyone has to do now and it would be great if you do it, is to let all their friends know about the upcoming ladder reset, post the news on your facebook profiles and other gaming communities where people might be interested into this oldschool never dying game.

DarkSummoner likes this.
  7. Escorb4r

Escorb4r Supporter

Best server alive , what else to say :eek:. gave away 5 full characters 5x enigma , sacred armors tyrael Griffons, 10 ber runes , 10x skillers with 35 + life and much more , starting over 13th , planning on being number 1 on the ladder this year !

Rady likes this.
  8. aethyllnor

aethyllnor Supporter

Who's up for a 2-week marathon to 99? 99 by June 1st.

9. Gix

Gix Founder

I guess everyone :D

10. DarkSummoner

DarkSummoner Supporter

My 3rd or 4 reset since I first found this server, I still keep coming back, been playing since 2003 or so, will always play this game ;)

Orvars, dafranco and Gix like this.
  11. Gix

Gix Founder

It's nice to have you back, @DarkSummoner

__________________:rolleyes:

12. facuacdc

facuacdc Senior Member

So, if i create a ladder char but i want to give the items of the non ladder chars, ¿i can't do that, right? It "starts" from zero..

13. Alst

Alst Active Member

I know everyone will boo me, but how about removing the eth bug on this reset? :oops:

The-Impaler likes this.
  14. Kahn

Kahn Member

Dude...gtfo

bon bon ceyo likes this.
  15. Gix

Gix Founder

@facuacdc, you talking about giving your non-ladder character items to your ladder character ? If thats what you're asking then no, you can't move items from non-ladder to ladder.

@Alst, that's considered to be part of the game already for years. You need to redesign the entire way the game handles ethereal items (which means reprogramming the ethereal stat assignment and save/load routines), there is no other way to do this properly so if you want this to be done then ask blizzard not us.

@Kahn, lol ...

facuacdc likes this.
  16. facuacdc

facuacdc Senior Member

Ah, okey. So we start all over again? Excellent Gix. One question: ¿i need to delete the non ladder chars?

17. Gix

Gix Founder

You don't need to delete anything, read carefully the first post. Your current characters and items will be transfered to non-ladder. It's up to you if you want to continue on non-ladder with your current progress, make a new character and rush together with the others in the new seasonal ladder or do them both (you can play both non-ladder and ladder anytime you want)

facuacdc likes this.
  18. Dep

Dep Member

omg, time stood still

19. dafranco

dafranco Forum Legend

Cant wait for 13 May, so exited for the new beginning.

20. The-Impaler

The-Impaler Member

i bet you will find perfect Coa in day 1:)))

Alst likes this.