Die Fire Facet

Discussion in 'Help Desk' started by genei, Apr 8, 2017.

1. genei

genei Active Member

I use Hydra sorceress skill on The Countess Hell mode but nothing happened with his fire resistance. It is same as if I'm not using Fire Facet. How is it?

2. klaus

klaus Senior Member

-resistance to enemy does not work if the monster is immune. You cannot break immunity with any number of facets, they only work after immunity is broken ( 3 spells that can break immunity are Lower Resist, Conviction, Amplify damage ). However, and this is probably backed up if you do some sort of a research, facets will not work with Hydras. The + to skill damage and - enemy resistance mods only work if the hero that has them does the damage directly, and not through minions. They do not work on a trap assassin, for example, and Hydras should fall under the same category. For example, blizzard does damage directly, but hydras, traps and summoned monsters ( Raise Skeletons ) and such, do damage indirectly and these two mods do not work there.

Searched for a good few minutes and from what I have found, Hydras are actually an exception to this. From what I have found, after they fire the Fire Bolt -res/skill damage is calculated and added into their attack.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2017
  3. reg3

reg3 Active Member

I will have to disagree here . Since patch 1.05 this has been changed . Lighning Sentry is not affected by the +dmg/-res from RBF , but for fire traps the fire RBF works perfetly fine . Same goes for Hydras - the +dmg/-res is added to the Hydras . Anyway any summoned units (anything that moves) is not affected by the RBF . In this particular situation here is the conclusion .

The Fire Rainbow Facets actually work on Hydra Sorc , but they cannot brake immune on the monsters . If the Immunity has been broken by one the following spells ( Lower Resist / Conviction ) , then the Rainbow facet will lower the target's resistance.

4. klaus

klaus Senior Member

Please share the source about RBF's working on fire traps, but not on lightning, since they are considered the same way by the game - both minions.

5. reg3

reg3 Active Member

A quote from another forum :

1. How do Traps and Rainbow Facets work together?

The -res% and +damage% on Griffon's Eye and Facets do not add to trap damage. With the exceptions of Fire Blast and Shock Web, the Assassin Traps are considered minions by the game. Your minions do not benefit from any -res% or +damage% your character has.

Note that Sorceress Hydras benefit from both Fire Mastery and Facets. This is explained by T-Hawk:

Q u o t e:

The missiles fired by Hydra have a special-case check of their caster's "+% Fire Skill Damage" ability. That's why Hydra works with Fire Mastery and Facets. This check was added in version 1.05; before that, Fire Mastery didn't boost Hydra damage.

Just wanted to post this for all you people who use trapsin.

Fatty180 likes this.
  6. klaus

klaus Senior Member

This information does nothing to prove that what you are saying is true.
    Fire blast and Shock web are not considered traps, the fire traps are Wake of Inferno and Wake of Fire and they are not boosted by facets, contradicting to what you said in your previous post
    " Since patch 1.05 this has been changed . Lighning Sentry is not affected by the +dmg/-res from RBF , but for fire traps the fire RBF works perfetly fine "

7. zguby

zguby The Second Coming Forum Legend

Yes the hydra works with rbf, but i have to disagree with you when it comes to traps.The fire facets won't do anything for your WOF and WOI traps, but they will however work with your fire blast and shock web because those are not traps :)

8. reg3

reg3 Active Member

Absolutely correct , i meant Fire Blast is considered as a fire trap ;)

9. zguby

Fire Blast
    This skill gives an Assassin the ability to manufacture and throw a small incendiary device. This ordinance explodes on impact, damaging any foe within its small blast radius.
    Wake of Fire
    Once erected, this trap releases waves of flame that incinerate any opponents within its path. Shoots 5 times

it is not

klaus likes this.
  10. klaus

klaus Senior Member

True.
    Reg, you are missing the point of this, because you think that anything does not move is not considered a minion by the game, thats false information. Only Hydras are an exception to this.
    If you do not do the damage directly, -res/+ skill damage do not work, with the exception of Hydra.Some other mods do not work too, like life/mana after kill.
    In your post you said they work for fire traps, but not for lightning ones - by the game they are considered to be the same thing, the element of damage ( fire, lightning ) does not matter. It matters how the damage is inflicted, which is indirectly in the case of using traps, summoned monsters and mercenaries.
    A trap is not every spell that is found under the Traps tree, only some of them qualify for that. Shock blast and Fire blast let you do damage directly from your hero to the monster, same as for Blizzard example.
    If Fire Blast was actually a trap, RBF's would not work with it.
    And as far as I understand from what you have quoted, the - to enemy resistance does not work with Hydra's too, only the skill damage.

11. reg3

reg3 Active Member

So together we got to the bottom of this ! :) Great job guys ! Hope this explains everything now . Team work for the win .

12. genei

genei Active Member

Well, I have 1 more Perfect Die Fire Facet. I want to know will it break The Countess fire resistance? If it doesn't I won't put it any further to another equipment.

13. zguby

did you read what @klaus explained to you? read again the 2nd post.

14. MadVisions

MadVisions Supporter

So..
    1) elemental immunitys can be breaken by: convi || lr
    2) the 2 spells mentioned in 1) have 20% effectiveness to resist values over 100%
    3) trapps are not benefitting from -res///%dmg. you use griffons on asn couse' of 102fcr breakpoint and might use rbf'd claws vs necros couse they are weak vs fire blast.

cheers :)

15. genei

genei Active Member

So after all these sophisticated explanation I went to test with direct pointing fire skill: fire bolt, and it is still no reduction in enemies fire resistance.

16. klaus

klaus Senior Member

I thought it is made clear, but obviously not
    + Fire skill damage from RBF works with hydras
    - Enemy resistances from RBF or other sources does not work with Hydras
    - Using Fire Bolt and Hydras is not the same thing, both mods from RBF works with Fire Bolt, but only one works with Hydras.
    - Not sure if maphack shows the lowered by RBF resistances, but you need to break the immunity with Conviction or Lower Resistances, - ER works after immunity is broken. If the enemy is Fire Immune ( Or any other type of immunity, for that matter ) and you cannot break it with any amounts of RBF's, it does not matter if you have 0 RBF's in your gear, or you have 100.
    Hydras are still considered minions by the game, they were changed, apparently, so that Fire Mastery boosts their damage, the boost from + Fire skill damage from RBF is the same as your Fire Mastery, but - ER does not work with minions.

• Draft saved Draft deleted