Solved Error, Halt Location: ,Line 193

Discussion in 'Help Desk' started by Tspkk1, Mar 1, 2023.

1. Tspkk1

Tspkk1 Member

Greetings. I'm currently having issues using the stings map hack. In the first game everything is perfect, when i remake the game to farm again the game crashes as soon as i take any waypoint and walk a little bit.

The error:

Diablo II Error
    Halt
    Expression: Unrecoverable internal error 6f8574ae

I have been trying to solve this issue extensively.

What has been done:

-100% Fresh install from the realm download section. Using version 1.13C
    -Made sure there were no previous registries on regedit.
    -Set all executables to run as an administrator.
    -Set all executables to run on xp sp2 compatibility.
    -Disabled windows defender
    -Data execution prevention procedure done
    -Turned off UAC.

Then i searched the forums for all threads relating the same issue.
    From these threads i have done:
    -Right Click on your Diablo II folder, go to Properties, at the Security tab, click a user name, then on the Permissions box tick Allow for Full Control.
    -In all the threads there were solutions already mentioned above.

Then i tried to run the game on every video mode.
    -w, lag 10-20 fps and crash MH
    -3dfx, tried to turn on and off several options (runs perfect but crash with mh)
    -ddraw tried to run OpenGL, Direct3D 9 and GDI (runs perfect but crash with mh)
    -D2 Vid test setting: 3d mode runns perfect but crash with mh, 2D wont crash with mh but runs 10-20 frames unplayable.
    -All modes were tried with fullscreen when possible or window mode, dont make a difference.

Then i tried to mess with the maphack cfg.
    Game wont crash with the stand alone cfg, but then i have no filters or anything. any other cfg that is not standard from stand alone will make it crash.
    Maybe you guys can give some tips of what option on cfg could be crashing my game?
    Or does anyone have a simple loot filter that only shows unique/runes when not pressing any button?

BH maphack makes any video mode 10-20 fps, any tips on how to reduce low frames using bh maybe?

Its really unfortunate cuz either its a laggy mode or crash with stings mh.

Ive been trying to fix for the past 6 hours and legit couldnt find any playable settings.
    Any help is more than welcome thank you.

2. inayat

inayat Head Game Master Moderator

Hey there,

looks to me you have an error in your MH cfg line 193.
    Possible to post your MH cfg?
    Also did you try the integrated MH?
    This starts automatically without using a button to load the MH. Can be downloaded from here: http://europebattle.net/d2/tools

Also when going to: http://forum.europebattle.net/threads/sting-maphack-configuration-guide.537869/
    If you scroll down you will see many Sting configurations posted by players, from simple ones to advanced http://forum.europebattle.net/threads/sting-maphack-loot-filters.544929/
    Perhaps you will find one that suits you.

Regards.

3. Tspkk1

Tspkk1 Member

First of all thanks for reaching in.

Oddly i got it fixed by simply running the "Diablo II" shortcut instead of the "Game Launcher Shortcut"
    I know the launcher probably doesnt have anything to do with the issue, so i may ask you. Is there a way to check if the game is running via 3dfx, cncddraw or vidtest settings?

4. Gix

Gix Founder

Hard to tell which piece of software on your computer is causing this kind of incompatibility, but it could also be due to various leftovers from other mods or software too.
    Indeed, the launcher itself runs the same game executable but with the selected parameters so it shouldn't cause any issues unless you're having trouble with glide or ddraw and you've selected any of those. Normally, glide wrapper should fix those FPS drops you're having but then you're saying that's causing your game to crash. Have you tried running the stand-alone version of the Sting Maphack? You can get it from here but make sure to re-apply the realm patch first so that removes the integrated sting by simply downloading the patch archive and extract it inside your game client.

Your game is probably running via the D2VidTst settings if you didn't add any parameters to your "Diablo II" shortcut and it's running in full screen mode. If the game was running in 3dfx or ddraw then you would have seen a difference either in the overall brightness or smoothness and you would need to manually add the -3dfx parameter to that shortcut.

PS: You should turn your windows defender protection back on in case you didn't do that yet.

5. Tspkk1

Tspkk1 Member

The issue has been resolved, the game is running fine, smooth with mk and no more crashes.
    Thank you kindly.
    Thread can be closed if you wish

Bl4cKDeviL, Atox, Gix and 1 other person like this.
  • Draft saved Draft deleted