Solved Error line 193

Discussion in 'Help Desk' started by 3nForceR, Jan 29, 2017.

1. 3nForceR

3nForceR Active Member

Hi Guys,

I am playing for a week now and i am still getting random errors, mostly when just entering a game.
    I've added a screenshot.
    already searched google and forum but no solution yet.

I am really enjoying the game again, but i'm getting tired of the errors,
    anyone knows how to solve this problem?

thanks in advance!

Attached Files:

2. Stefansg

Stefansg Supporter

You are on windows 10 ?
    Anyway just re-install the game , try integrated maphack , and run the game as as admin , i had the same problem

3. 3nForceR

3nForceR Active Member

I Run windows 7 atm, but ill try reinstall and the other maphack

4. Nopik

Nopik Game Master

You play windowed or fullscreen?

5. Stefansg

Stefansg Supporter

On laptop i have win 7 aswell , i never had errors with integrated mh , anyway make sure you run the game as admin

6. klaus

klaus Senior Member

Alright, I'm gonna say this in hopes that as many people seeking help read this, because it saves so much time and trouble.
    When you are having an issue with something, please provide as much information as you possibly can. It's a good thing that you took a screenshot of the error, so we can see exactly what is going on, but provide more information. Most of the D2 Errors come not from the game itself, but from 3rd party software.
    A good report would look like this:

Hello guys, I'm having problems with ( post problem here ) , here is a picture I took when the error occurred. I noticed it occurrs when I ( post observations here ). Currently I am using a Windows 7 x64 Os, I am using the integrated maphack and Glide and I am mostly playing on full screen and the game is being run in Compatibility Mode with XP SP2
    Theres two lines that could have saved the following posts people trying to figure out what you use and what you don't. Its not anybody else's responsibility to drag words out of your mouth, since you are the one looking for help it is your responsibility to provide us with the best information.
    A few things I would do first before proceeding to look for problems elsewhere ( If you are running Glide, I'm pretty sure thats what causes your troubles ) , Go to the Compatibility tab, Check Windows XP SP2 , Disable Desktop Composition, Check the box Run As Administrator , to make it a default option, so you don't have to right click your icon every time you start the game. Now, you are going to want to do the same thing to D2VidTest and your Glide .exe. After you do that, test the game for an hour or something ( I have no idea how often this error occurs ) , if it stays, try playing around with Glide's settings. And all of that, is of course, assuming you are using it at all.

I try to help as much people as I can on the forums, but usually when I see a post structured like this I just skip the whole thread, because it consumes so much time to figure out what exactly is going on. I decided I'd post that here, so that maybe some people will read it and start doing that instead.

Gix and Nopik like this.
  7. dafranco

dafranco Forum Legend

8. Gix

Gix Founder

Glide and maphack are responsable for most erros so if you really want no errors at all then you should consider to stop using them, otherwise take your time and do some research as there are lots of discussions over google and this forum as well about how to eliminate most of them and have a smoother gameplay. In any case, errors could be different for everyone depending on the operating system you are using, your installed programs, leftovers from uninstalled programs, leftovers from playing other realms that might have corrupted your game files and so on. Also, I completly agree with @klaus when he's saying that if someone asks for help he should offer as much information as possible so we don't turn this into a guessing game so please do so in order for you to get more accurate advices.

9. 3nForceR

3nForceR Active Member

I agree, I should have released more info. I followed the guide @dafranco posted. Right now the game is working with integraded map hack. But not with glide. I also would like to use this again. But probably the errors are coming from this program
    Thank you all for the help

10. dafranco

dafranco Forum Legend

No problem 3nForceR, Enjoy D2

11. Gix

Gix Founder

@3nForceR why exactly you want to use glide? Glide, as well as the integrated maphack are usually used in case of facing issues with fps drops, full screen or if you cannot run standalone mh at all.

12. 3nForceR

3nForceR Active Member

I used glide to use the mouse capture option so my mouse doesnt leave the d2 window. Since I am not able to start d2 in fullscreen

13. Gix

Gix Founder

I see but why not using some dual monitor software in this case? It does exactly the same thing by locking the mouse inside of a game screen.

14. 3nForceR

3nForceR Active Member

I am going to try this. Thanks

15. Zuulkernein

Zuulkernein Active Member

Hi folks, i have these errors after 3-5 runs to Countess and this case have to reboot D2game every 3-5 runs =((((((((((((9
    Tried to use 3D instead of Gllide - no way to play in window (and still error tho..) (and d2 in now-windowed mode looks truely mmm old)
    All exe's and dll's run with XP2 compatibility, as an admin, using integrated mh, win10
    sorry for grammar, hope u know what to do with it :)

16. klaus

klaus Senior Member

Exactly when does it crash, when you reach the area or when you exit the game? Do you use autoteleport or "Quick next game key" option from your maphack? And also is it the exact same error or it just looks like it?

17. Zuulkernein

it usually crashes every second game in unpredictable times (maybe after ~20 sec after the run begins)
    i do not use an autoteleport or quickkeys
    it is exact same error 193, sometimes it gonna 0x000005 error, idk how it decides to crash :)
    trying to change g32loginit config (glide), i did 6 runs, then gonna trade-crash 193
    Thank you !

18. klaus

klaus Senior Member

Usually the game doesn't crash after certain period of time, but when something specific happens in the game. For example, when you hit the Exit button , when you enter a new zone, when you hit the autotp hotkey. We need to know what are you doing when it crashes. I have had a lot of crashes, but my game never crashed when I was on my way to somewhere. Play around with Glide's settings in the Extensions tab, untick them one by one and test. Glide's settings need to be pretty much personalized for each user's computer. It will improve your gameplay, but you need to put some work in it so that it can work better. If you do not wish to spend time looking for a fix, you can always consider not using it.

Zuulkernein likes this.
  19. Stefansg

Stefansg Supporter

Best option is not to use it mate , it's complicated and almost all users got crashes and errors
    You can also consider changing your operating system ( Windows ) i would recomand an XP if you play just Diablo ( Even if it's not longer updated )

20. Zuulkernein

well, i usually tp'ing to countess or andariel (never-using an autoTP), after ~10 secs of teleporting game crashes (not every second game for sure, but near by)

i cannot play d2 with no glapper cause i will have no w-mode and game will crashes more frequently (on my comp and my sys)
    winXP is definetely useless for me, i just try to minimalize theese buggs or crashes/errors
    thank u for responces, try to do my best with glapper's settings
    --- Double Post Merged, Feb 27, 2017, Original Post Date: Feb 27, 2017 ---
    well, i did some magic with Glidewrapper's setting and reach an error after 7th run (not every 2nd, progress!!)
    Gonna solve this error and show u guys a screenshot with a settings, maybe one will help any unlucky boys with same error193 ><

• Draft saved Draft deleted