Solved error need help

Discussion in 'Help Desk' started by faithlost, Dec 28, 2023.

1. faithlost

faithlost Active Member

hello all i return again now on the game but i found this error alot of times in a day plz if you know how to fix that because its very uncomfortable to farm and play

error.png

2. WALNOHA

WALNOHA Supporter

I get this error sometimes too, often if I join games too fast or randomly when I use the shift button too fast while the game is loading a new screen (often when buying pots or using a spell out of a TP). I will then continue to get the error on that character when pressing shift until I restart my PC. I wait a couple seconds in between joining games on each loader and it prevents the crash - as for the shift click error it's just random, and a PC restart resolves it.

3. Gix

Gix Founder

Hello and welcome back, @faithlost. Can you be more specific about when exactly are you getting this error?
    Generic errors such as c0000005 are usually caused due to various incompatibilities, use of multiple 3rd party tools and so on.

@WALNOHA, I never heard of that type of behavior before. What maphack are you currently using and are you also using other tools too? What if you kill the Game.exe process via Task Manager instead of restarting, does pressing Shift key still throws in an error?

Stefansg and faithlost like this.
  4. faithlost

faithlost Active Member

i see this error when i join fast games or i use my second account in same game maphack is from the server site and i dont use nothing more except the widescreen

5. WALNOHA

WALNOHA Supporter

Hey Gix! I will try killing the game via task manager next time and see. I use the maphack on the site where you put the files in the folder, I forget the name lol - I run the auto tele on the site too so maybe it's a combo of them working together that's causing the bug occasionally. That being said, it's seldom and not enough to keep me away from D2 =) I just noticed it was the same error he gets.

Gix and faithlost like this.
  6. Gix

Gix Founder

Which one? There are two maphacks available. Additionally, are you running the game in Full Screen or Window Mode?
    I would suggest having a secondary game folder with a fresh game client installed, with no 3rd party tools which means no widescreen either, and add them one by one to find the culprit. Most likely it's a combination of those together with the modern OS or installed software, each system can be different really. Window mode is also recommended on modern OS if you are going to be mixing multiple tools.

Does it say BH Maphack at the top right side of the screen? If it doesn't, then you are using Sting Maphack. The C0000005 error is a generic Windows error so not necessarily Diablo2 specific but a common one in many other applications and games, however, causes could be various for different applications even if the error code is the same one. Depending on what autotele plugin version are you using, have in mind that 1.2 version, if I'm not mistaken, has the known chat bug where it crashes when you are trying to chat in town, that's fixed in the 1.2a version. At the end of the day, maphacks and various plugins such as autoteleport, etc are cheats/tools that are developed by individuals and not by the mother company, so incompatibilities are to be expected, especially on modern operating systems and with other installed software on a person's computer but in general, the vast majority is error free when it comes to using these 3rd party tools.

faithlost likes this.
  7. faithlost

faithlost Active Member

i use sting maphack i will do tomorrow the new folder and i will try to find solution

ty anyway i will post again when i have news maybe my solution help others
    --- Double Post Merged, Dec 29, 2023, Original Post Date: Dec 28, 2023 ---
    now i see this error error2.png

8. Gix

Gix Founder

Again, you need to be specific about when are you getting the error and what tools you have been adding. As far as I see via several search results, this one was usually caused by running full screen glide-wrapper in combination with Sting maphack. Also, you haven't mentioned if you are running the game in full screen or window mode which is important to know.

You can follow these steps for a clean game installation by the way, which is recommended especially if you had multiple game clients installed at some point.
    Drop any other extra tools for now, get only the Sting integrated maphack from the website and run the game in window mode. Alternatively, you can give BH maphack a try as it's more modern.

MythoS and faithlost like this.
  9. faithlost

faithlost Active Member

i use from the website the sting maphack and usally i take the error when i join new games or when i put 2 accounts on the game
    i use fullscreen without window mode
    now i check to make these steps as you recommand and we will see how its going ty mate
    --- Double Post Merged, Dec 29, 2023, Original Post Date: Dec 29, 2023 ---

i make all of your recommand and now i dont have any problem atm i think problem solved ty so much mate

Gix and Stefansg like this.
  10. Gix

Gix Founder

I am glad to hear that. While there are a lot of players running full screen and sting just fine, window mode in general is the recommended setting when running Diablo II on modern operating systems. It's different for each individual and it may depend on various things that may even have nothing to do with the game itself, however, if you still wish to run in full screen you could give Glide Wrapper or DDraw a try again but make sure you run the D2VidTst first and select the right options for it as shown into our Guides section.

• Draft saved Draft deleted