Friends joining or leaving a game notification

Discussion in 'Help Desk' started by FallFromGrace, Jan 29, 2022.

1. FallFromGrace

FallFromGrace Senior Member

Hello!

I have been wondering for some time now.. but never found a way.

Is there a way to block chat messages about people from Friend List joining/leaving (their) games or client, but not blocking whispers from them?
    Maybe there is such an option in one of MHs? Altho I can't recall seeing it when I was setting config, it could be possible that such a command exists, but was not listed in my cfg file.

It can get quite annoying when while chatting, a few people starts quick travi or tristram runs. ;)

Thanks!

PS. Or maybe at last changing colour of those messages (they are the same as whispering) into something like dark grey.
    PPS. Or.. making those shorter:

Atos joined "1forALL",
    Aramis is offline,
    Protos is on line.
    D_Artagnan quit "ALLfor1"

PPPS. Or... altho it would require some thought, maybe voting.. remove them for good, because we can check who is online with /f l

Joaiuda likes this.
  2. zguby

zguby The Second Coming Forum Legend

Hello, as far as i know, there is no way you can block/change colour of the notifications you get from you friends list. The only way to not get notified, is simply to remove that person from the friends list.

FallFromGrace likes this.
  3. Gix

Gix Founder

Hello there @FallFromGrace,
    As @zguby mentioned, you cannot block the enter/leave game notifications of your friends without removing them from your friends list and there is no such maphack feature either. Any change would have to be made at the core software source code, as this is not even Diablo II related but it includes various other games as well. I remember looking at this at some point before and changing the enter/leave game notifications into informative messages instead on one of our separate dev machines, meaning they would be shown in blue text instead of green but I'll have to see if that does anything to the other games we host or not as I can't remember exactly. Removing them for good is not an option, though.

Atox, FallFromGrace and zguby like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted