Solved Game wont start please help xD

Discussion in 'Help Desk' started by Dro, Jan 4, 2018.

1. Dro

Dro Member

so i've downloaded and installed followed all the steps up until the final optional step of fixes.. i used to have it working on this pc np had to reset the op system tho and had no recovery. so my problem is, i turn on the game and i can see it kinda start up in the task manager but than it just shuts of i feel like there is a directx issues cuz it doens't make any motion like it wants to turn on just kinda turns on the app and turns it right back off...the gamegaurd runs like normal for about 5-10s and the game exe runs for about 1-2 xD please help!!1 :update i have done the final option step of adding D2 game exe to the dep list. and also tried having the exe run in 640 x 480-res and it kinda made it look like it wanted to start but same deal no start :( :update im still a super noob to this forum...or most forums for that matter xD ty lots gix! i got that file downloading now and the other option still aswell so hopefully i get it up here real soon ill make an update to this! :)...also ty for the super fast replies guys!! :Update so the link u sent me to the google drive gix didn't work :( ...and the link harvest sent gets the game running till i click on battle net and its says unhandled exception access violation c0000005

Last edited: Jan 5, 2018
  2. Harvest

Harvest Senior Member

Try it without any compatibility Run the game and open it manually in admin mode maybe you succed. or maybe even run the game.exe as I sad.

maybe it will not work but , I hope we can and can play together soon.

Dro and ashcool like this.
  3. ashcool

ashcool Forum Legend

Greetings!
    What operating system are you running on?
    What are your game.exe settings?
    Try running it with compatibility set to windows XP AND/OR run as administrator. If you are running windows 7+ (especially 8, 8.1 & 10) this is a common issue.

Cheers, Ash.

Gix and Harvest like this.
  4. Dro

Dro Member

I am using windows 7 pro. i tried using compatability mode for xp sp2 nd 3,also tried running it just regular as admin....only time it makes a visual effort is when i check the box for the 640x480 res. also idk if it made a differance when i clicked run in 256 colors. its starts the game and the gaurd and then they just stop running after a few secs....im just stuck xD
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 4, 2018, Original Post Date: Jan 4, 2018 ---
    i tired that bro, and definetly looking to get back on!! xD its been a few months and i had only played a few months but made some good buds! and gotta few chars.....aaaaand I'am also trying to bring in my cousin a couple real cool dudes...just need to get it working here for myself again first so i can help em out xD

Harvest likes this.
  5. Harvest

Harvest Senior Member

reinstall your game.
    Try to download the diablo II Complete Edition.
    i play with that and working for me.

Dro likes this.
  6. Dro

Dro Member

where can i donwload that? or do u mean just use like cds and than copy over the usabattle stuff into the OG game?
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 4, 2018, Original Post Date: Jan 4, 2018 ---
    ty lots bro, soon as i get in reinstalled here hopefully in the next 30-60 mins depending on DL time ill let u guys know if i get it working!! thx again man!

Harvest likes this.
  7. Gix

Gix Founder

Best Answer
    @Dro, you don't need to check the 640x480 and 256 colours boxes.
    - Uninstall the game and delete all extra diablo folders that you might have installed in your computer.
    - Download the portable version from here, then apply the server patch.
    - Run the game as administrator and XP SP2 compatibility and you should be good

PS: You keep double posting, please use the edit button instead.

@Harvest, you are not allowed to post external download links, torrents, etc. The game client is already uploaded by us through different download mirrors that are 100% safe.

Dro likes this.
  8. Harvest

Harvest Senior Member

Okay , i understood

Gix likes this.
  9. Gix

Gix Founder

@Dro, let us know if that worked for you once the download is completed, otherwise I'll help you out through remote assistance.

Harvest likes this.
  • Draft saved Draft deleted