Solved GameGuard closes my game

Discussion in 'Help Desk' started by ameth, Jan 7, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ameth

ameth Senior Member

Hi!

GameGuard closes the game every time I open Google Chrome. And if Google Chrome is running, good chance, GameGuard reports an error.

As long as I am either gaming or listen to this forum it is not a much problem. But in case I need both, that feels quite crap.

2. kiwifruit

kiwifruit Game Master

Hi,
    What happens if you try another internet browser? Firefox or anything else, does GameGuard report an error?
    If it's only happening to Chrome, then it might have some Chrome Extension that is causing it.

Gix and Nopik like this.
  3. Gix

Gix Founder

Doesn't that come with a message and a contact email address? You should be following the instructions listed by the error message.
    Could be a false-positive or something that shouldn't be there and if you didn't report this before it's probably because you were not experiencing it until recently so try to remember what changes have you made within the past few days and send a report log to the contact email address you are being given when the error pops out.

4. ameth

ameth Senior Member

Seems odd, Edge starts okay, and after that, Chrome can start without shutting down diablo.

I will investigate more what the issue really is.

5. sphinx25

sphinx25 Well-Known Member

Win10 user? If yes, here's a simple solution: use workspaces. In one workspace have your browser, in another the game instance(s). Problem solved!
    (Standard shortcut for switching between workspaces is Ctrl + WinKey + right / left arrow or keys 1, 2, 3, 4 - not Numpad keys, the others). Lmk if it works.

Stefansg and Gix like this.
  6. ameth

ameth Senior Member

@sphinx25 I did not know there are virtual desktops supported in Win10. Now, I know. Thank you! :) I enabled it. On the first test, it seems to help.

@Gix: There is no email address, and none of those 3 files exist the error screen is asking to send them to the admin. Whatever is there I packed them with WinRAR. Can I send them somewhere?

7. Gix

Gix Founder

You can use the official contact email address which is [email protected] and make sure to send the exact error message you are getting, eventually a screenshot of it too.

/edit This was caused due to using a CPU limiter to keep the laptop cooler silenced as per the player's words, which modifies the clock speed and alters every process on the computer, including the game itself. Once additional programs are launched on the computer and resource usage increases, the limiter automatically starts modifying existing processes forcing them to either use less CPU or close completely. While limiting CPU usage globally to half of it's normal use is not recommended, you could limit the CPU usage for a specific process instead so it doesn't alter other running processes.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2021
    colder and kiwifruit like this.