General question about set items drops

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Balian of Ibelin, Mar 29, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Balian of Ibelin

Balian of Ibelin Active Member

Hi everyone !
    I've been playing in this server for a month already and I'am really enjoying it ! My topic shouldn't be regarded as a some sort of dissatisfaction or something of that sort, but I am just curious and unaware of what I have seen in terms of drops. Yes, indeed, drops are incrediable, items and runes drops are greatly increased (one doens't have to wait for a year or so to find a Ber/Jah - like it was in the old servers 10-15 years ago, in the old 1.10 and pre 1.10 versions. What is bothering me, however, is the fact that I don't get set items drops from Act Bosses. Yes, they drop greatly - uniques mostly, but I can't get some low or medium quality set item from Andariel, Memp. or Baal, for example. Tried with anything varying from 0% MF up to 300%+. There is no quandary when an unique monster drops something (for example the Seal Bosses in Act IV or any other unique or champion). Same if the game is set for 8 or it is practically a game with 8 players - in either Soft/Hardcore. I am asking mostly out of curiousity, having been after the Tal Rasha amulet for the last two weeks (it usually drops from Andariel, the thing is Andy doesn't drop anything green :) )
    If their drop on set items has been reduced on the other side (like a result of the increased unique drop, so that would be the answer - much lower chance to get a set item in comparison with an unique one)
    pp. Yes, there are topics posted already, which are related to drops and their increased/decreased frequency, but I didn't find one of that kind - with a stress on set items (regardless of their quality and TC). I do explain to myself that blue items very rarely drop from Bosses due to the increased chance of getting an unique drop. Don't know how to interpret that in terms of set items.
    Thanks in advance !

Last edited: Mar 29, 2020
  2. Gix

Gix Founder

For set items farm their minions or nearby monsters and any other non-bosses popular areas such as cows, pits, etc.
    People are trading complete set items every day, they're fairly cheap and not that hard to obtain.

3. Balian of Ibelin

Balian of Ibelin Active Member

I wouldn't like to start a new topic, because my question now is somehow connected to the current topic. Yes, from the general topic about features we know that drops in terms of runes and items have been increased. Well, there are certain websites-calculators that configure the probability of having certain item dropped from a certain monster. Is there something similar in here ? Asking out of curiosity and strategy for farm-planning. Ok, I understand that set-items have been excluded from Bosses, but about the general unique items ? For example, the website X (not willing to poste the link here, if I am allowed, will do it afterwards) says that there is a chance to get a DF from Baal corresponding to 1:68324, and to 1:521638, when farming Nihlathak. Put in other words, Nihla has around 8-9 worse chance of providing you with a DF. If there isn't a similar calculator here, can we assume that drops have been increased equally to all monsters (let's say with certain %, the so-called "general increase" - an apple for me, an apple for you) ? Does still Nihla have the same 8-9 times worse chance to provide you with a DF here or the drops have been increased differently to the different monsters?
    Thanks in advance !

Last edited: Apr 7, 2020
  4. sphinx25

sphinx25 Well-Known Member

There is probably no good answer to your question. However, from experience around here I found that you have 2 main options to get a desired item:
    1. the obvious: farm bosses / mobs most likely to drop that specific item, that you can kill fast (this is why most players farm Nihlathak over Baal - 20-40 seconds / run, compared to 3 min+)
    2. focus on getting runes or other stuff that can be quickly sold for runes (pgems, jewels, valuable items) and buy the item that you desire.
    I favour the second, you can grow a beard if you go for the first and still not find it; it can also happen that you get hit by the luck truck and you find it in a few runs.

5. WALNOHA

WALNOHA Supporter

I bet by the time you find that tal ammy you will forget you were even looking for it lol. I haven't found one yet either this ladder but have so in the past (in chaos). It's fairly easy to roll some nice caster amulets; I usually stick to old reliable (maras) until I get a nice roll. Goodluck!

Mind the post date, you have been replying to a two year old thread (March 30, 2020)

Last edited by a moderator: May 2, 2022
    Blessedone likes this.
    Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.