Solved Glide wrapper error

Discussion in 'Help Desk' started by Stefansg, Dec 27, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stefansg

Stefansg Supporter

Hi, I get this error after running D2vidtst: An exception(c000000D) occured during DllEntryPoint or DllMain in moude:G:\diablo\glide3x.dll.
    .[​IMG]
    Then if I try to start diablo again i get this error: This code execution cannot proceed becouse MSVCP100.DLL was not found.Reinstalling the program may fix this problem
    [​IMG]

I tired to: run everything as administrator and compatibility mode as windows xp sp2,add indirectsound files, added the game folder to antivirus exceptions, turning of firewall and windows defender,unblock the dll's and give them full permisions, reinstall the game but still get the same error.
    I am running windows 10,GPU:Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6600 CPU @ 3.30GHz 2.00 GHz
    RAM: 16GB
    Video card: Nvidia Geforce GTX1070 8GB

UPDATE: I installed microsoft visuals c++, restarted the PC then tried again and it works, still get the errors but after i close the game but at least it works.
    Thanks @Atox for your help!

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 28, 2020
    colder and Atox like this.
  2. TehGardenerer

TehGardenerer Member

Created an account specifically to update this: I was dealing with the same issue, very frustrating after many hours of everything working flawlessly the previous night. With one major difference being that I could not get the game to launch in any way shape or form during this problem. After a bit of basic troubleshooting with no changes, I stumbled across this post. I don't know exactly what about it caused me to notice this but after going back to my d2 folder, I ended up noticing that I didn't have the expansion disk mounted to my vDrive, so I decided to try remounting it (just incase), and as luck would have it, this directly resolved the issue for me.
    As a side note, I have several other working d2 install folders, none of which have never had an issue launching the game without the disk so it was pretty much by luck that I saw and decided to try that. Anyways, hope that helps to anyone else dealing with the dreaded unhandled exception (point at the glide wrapper's .dll file).

TL/DR: For the specific unhandled exception pointing towards the Glide Wrapper's .dll file--and presumably only applicable to V 1.13c, but not sure there--Insert your Expansion disk (or Remount your virtual image back onto your vDrive, as I did). Issue resolved immediately after doing this.

Stefansg likes this.
  3. Stefansg

Stefansg Supporter

For me, after doing this: “UPDATE: I installed microsoft visuals c++, restarted the PC then tried again and it works, still get the errors but after i close the game but at least it works.” I reinstalled the game twice and adjusted the settings on glide.init and till this point i have no more errors but thank you anyway, good to know.
    Most of us have the portable version downloded from the website, there is no vimage to mount.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2021
  4. Gix

Gix Founder

The two errors you get after closing the game should be solved by applying the indirectsound library, otherwise double-check the files are present in the correct game folder.

Atox likes this.
  5. Stefansg

Stefansg Supporter

I got those files in the right folder but for some reason it did not work first few times i installed the game. There is clearly something i might have done wrong then finally did it right :D

colder, Gix and Atox like this.
    Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.