Guide Glide Wrapper

Discussion in 'Guides' started by DSync, Oct 12, 2016.

1. Oni poker

Oni poker Supporter

Not gonna lie, I was hoping for the Glide to allow me to play in fullscreen, but it didn't.
    I couldn't care less for whether it's windowed or not, tbh, it's not the client being windowed that bothers me. Apparently, D2 doesn't use D3D in Windowed mode, but uses GDI instead, which not only disables Perspective mode, but also screws up graphics pretty badly (especially lights).
    It just sucks that this game is so outdated and so unstable.

2. Wvatha

Wvatha Member

When ever I open my inventory or quest or stat screen my mouse goes to top left. I know it is not a big problem but it is kind a annoying. Is there any fix for that?

3. Gix

Gix Founder

Are you running the following '-w -3dfx' parameters in your shortcut's target?
    Is zeus glide anything different regarding mouse cursor? (make a backup of your diablo2 folder first)

4. KronosTheHunter

KronosTheHunter Supporter

Rand, thanks so much this explanation really helped, my only question is, my Glide init doesn't have the supersampling box, and it sounds like that's the one setting I am really looking for, everything else is working great. Does anyone know how to get this option to show up or why its not there? Thanks!

5. Atox

Atox Senior Game Master Moderator

The answer is in his post, you need to enable WGL_ARB_render_texture from extension menu. Check again the post you just quoted.
    Cheers

SGPB75 likes this.
  6. Adri

Adri Member

I have a problem, its work but maphack make error, and too when i exit game too... glide3dx error :(

7. Gix

Gix Founder

The glide errors upon exiting the game have appeared with the latest Windows 10 builds since older builds and operating systems do not throw any errors. None of the two errors affects the gameplay in any way either, they just pop-up when you exit the game and nothing more. Below I will list the two errors and a recent solution I found to be working and fixes this. No idea what microsoft had in mind with their latest updates but now diablo and some older games require an additional library in conjunction with glide3x. @Raphaël, both of the errors are glide3x related not maphack related; you can use the sting icons.

An exception (C000000D) occurred during DIIEntryPoint or DIIMain in module: C:\Users\Skylake\Games\Diablo II\glide3x.dll
    UNHANDLED EXCEPTION: An invalid parameter was passed to a service or function (c000000d)

Issue: Diablo II and other older games need extra files (a DLL and its .ini) to run 3D positional audio in conjunction with glide3x.
    Solution: Download the files (dsound) from https://www.indirectsound.com/downloads/IndirectSound_0_20.zip and copy them in your diablo game folder.

Note: If you are using this fix while multiboxing you might hear all sounds from all your open game instances, instead of just the one in focus.
    A workaround to fix this seems to be achieved by changing hardwareBufferCount = 0 in the d2sound.ini configuration file that comes with the archive.

SGPB75, kondes, colder and 2 others like this.
  8. Adri

Adri Member

Solved, ty Gix!

9. KronosTheHunter

KronosTheHunter Supporter

Hello, Thanks in advance for your help. I can't find the d2vidtst.exe anywhere. I ran a search and it didn't come up with anything. It's a fresh install of everything as well already.

10. Gix

Gix Founder

SGPB75 likes this.
  11. Kutay Çun

Kutay Çun Member

Hi I am getting this error while using glide with full screen.
    Any idea to fix?
    thx

Attached Files:

12. Atox

Atox Senior Game Master Moderator

It's not recommended to use it in fullscreen but you can try the settings from the first post of this thread. I do suggest that if you want to use gilde, use it with window mode.

Kutay Çun and Gix like this.
  13. NaBelea

NaBelea Well-Known Member

Hi...hope this is the right place to post....so I'm using 3dfx from the launcher...but the cursor always snaps to upper left corner of the game when pressing inventory key,quest key,entering waypoint,etc....how to disable this?

Last edited: Oct 30, 2023
  14. Gix

Gix Founder

This is a glide thing, see if setting Static size within glide-wrapper settings to "No" changes anything.
    Try creating a shortcut of Game.exe and add the following parameters "-w -3dfx" to the shortcut Target field, then run the game.

15. ameth

ameth Senior Member

Not sure if it is relevant: windows has built-in support to enlarge a window (a simple double click on the window's header). The large window gets into the center and keeps aspects ratio. Works in windowed mode with 2d graphics, does not demand anything to install.

16. milenskipln

milenskipln Well-Known Member

a little bit modern config for glide wrapper

[​IMG]

step one is to change language than get opengl infos
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

usually those are the default settings in the render menu after getting the opengl infos with a good pc nowadays
    [​IMG]

those are the default settings in the extensions menu after getting the opengl infos with a good pc nowadays
    [​IMG]

those are the settings for playing in fullscreen with no black bars
    [​IMG]

keep aspect ratio enables the black bars at lower resolution in game compared to your original that monitor supports
    [​IMG]
    for example
    screenshot with black bars
    [​IMG]

screenshot without the option keep aspect ratio for the black bars[​IMG]

using widescreen tool from europebattle.net site adds new resolution where it doesnt matter which option you choose either (black bars option doesn't makes difference in game only in the main menu with the widescreen mod)
    [​IMG]

playing the game windowed or fullscreen-windowed at any time by using alt+enter either to maximize or minimize the window size
    [​IMG]

colder, Kefflar32 and Gix like this.
  17. milenskipln

milenskipln Well-Known Member

my custom settings for glide I am also using the widescreen tool (be aware wgl_arb_render_texture at extension menu must be disabled if you going to stream and you should run game in windowed as well as window capturing your game)

settings menu
    [​IMG]

render menu
    [​IMG]

extension menu you need to enable those two options and relaunch glide
    wgl_arb_render_texture will add a new option for supersampling in renderer menu
    [​IMG]

supersampling in renderer menu
    [​IMG]
    those are 2 screenshots with supersampling enabled and disabled

NO SUPERSAMPLING
    [​IMG]

SUPERSAMPLING ENABLED
    [​IMG]

you can disable wgl_arb_render_texture (it will also disable the superssampling) whenever you want if you gonna stream you just need to relaunch the game if you are changing options in glide

options for clock and framerate as well as texturemass to be shown in game can be found in wrapper statistics[​IMG]

-3dfx my settings vs ddraw also my settings I am using 6xbrz currently settings for ddraw can be found here Info - Launcher Options -ddraw OpenGL Shaders | EuropeBattleNet Community Forum
    I am using both one is with -3dfx when I want to join a game because BH maphack doesn't let me join a game using ddraw

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    besides that there is also one more way for launching the game and playing at fullscreen windowed using the regular -w with a tool called fullscreenizer its also on github but im not using it ,I use the one from original site of the program Fullscreenizer (runtimeterror.com)
    1. run as administrator
    [​IMG]

2. open diablo which you are running with -w command
    [​IMG]
    3. select refresh in fullscreenizer while in game (not menu) and choose your diablo.exe which you are running in -w mode than fullscreenize
    4. dont close the program because every time you go back to menu it will reset to normal size you need to fullscreenize every single time you join a game

[​IMG]
    screenshot with fullscreenizer
    [​IMG]
    you dont need to refresh fullscreenizer every single time you just click fullscreenize when joining new game

Last edited: Nov 6, 2023
    Kefflar32, colder and Gix like this.
  18. Gix

Gix Founder

Very useful information @milenskipln, thanks for sharing this.

colder and Kefflar32 like this.
  • Draft saved Draft deleted