Graphic Card Errors [Solved]

Discussion in 'Help Desk' started by MrHammer, Apr 13, 2013.

1. MrHammer

MrHammer Forum Legend

Hello guys,

I tried installing Diablo 2 on my new computer which is running Windows 7 and a Nvidia GT 545 (noithing too special) but apparently it the game didnt seem to be able to run.
    Basically it would not open and kept giving me errors, running in compatibility mode did not work either.

After a lot of research I found out that this was due to D2 not finding any compatible graphic card/driver on my computer since it was made to run on older (Voodoo) graphic settings and cards.

HOW TO FIX:
    -Using a Glide Wrapper

What is a Glide Wrapper?
    GLIDE is a graphiccard-interface that has been evolved by the company "3DFX", to give application-programmers the chance, to access their graphiccard-chipsets (socalled voodoo-chipsets) with high efficiency.

The game "Diablo 2" (so "Lord of Destruction" , too) is known for the fact, that it runs far better with GLIDE than with Direct3D. The actual problem is, that meanwhile the company "3DFX" has been taken over by "NVIDIA" and so there's no manufacturer any more who produces graphiccards that support GLIDE naturally.
    At this point a GLIDE-wrapper gives support:
    It makes the GLIDE-interface available, by receiving the GLIDE-commands and translating them to another interface. So it is possible to use GLIDE-enhenced programs even on graphic-cards, which normally do not support this interface.

I want to mention again, that I have written this wrapper explicitly for the game "Diablo 2". I assume that it won't work together with other programs.

Official download directory:
    Glide3-to-OpenGL-Wrapper

I choose the latest 1.4e and it made my D2 run,

Hope I helped out someone,

-Alex

See You Ingame!

Borisov likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted