How about useless builds :)

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by insanqta, Dec 25, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. insanqta

insanqta Member

Hi there!
    I guess its out of consideration, but...
    How about boosting useless builds.. YES server is "blizlike" in terms of builds, but isn't it boring after 20 years :\
    I am talking about PVM builds alone.. you now have few viable builds.
    Amazon:
    Elemental bowzon - not viable
    Multishot bowzon - not viable (it could be boosted somehow to be useful atleast for Hell farming cows.. etc.)

Assassin:
    Martial arts - not viable or kinda viable for dueling but not competitive to any top build
    Fire trapper - not viable

Barbarian:
    War Cry - could be boosted somehow to be useful for grinding or dueling
    WW could be boosted to be useful in PVM also..

Druid:
    Elemental Fire build - kinda "FUN" build, not viable
    Summoning - not viable
    Shapeshifting - kinda viable for pvp, but MEH.. not competitive to any top build

Necromancer:
    Well, he is kinda viable.

Paladin:
    I guess it's the only class with that much viable builds, not all of them great but still.

Sorceress:
    Frozen orb - viable only for dueling.. it could be boosted somehow to be useful in PVM
    Hydra - not viable at all
    Nova - not viable at all

And yes, most of these builds are "playable", but only useful for Nightmare.. no matter how geared they are.
    Isn't it boring to play same builds over and over again for that long :) I'm not talking to break PVP balance.. atleast PVM adjusting.
    Ama Java + Infy Merc
    Trap Sin + Infy Merc
    Light Sorc + Infy Merc
    Summoner Necro + Infy Merc
    Pala Hammer
    Mercenaries of all towns all difficulties could give something: unique aura or chance to cast something interesting..

Last edited: Dec 25, 2018
  2. aBUCHa

aBUCHa Well-Known Member

Multishot pvm bowzon - works fine with expensive items, for cow better make necro 125 cast

for pvm amazon if watch for Fun, have 2x runeword who take fireworks 1) Ice 2) Brand
    Brand - i read in google, Blizzard turn off synergies in Marrowwalk (and maybe something else)
    in last patches and destroy this rw
    Ice - many players thought how to right make this build, I myself play her sometimes
    but still do not understand how to assemble it correctly

Hoj - have synergies in Dragon if watch on fire aura, but there it is difficult with ias if you want hydra cast
    and damage aura not much.

It would be great to see a change, but I think it will be very difficult and not fast
    only one build takes a lot of time.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
    MMladenov likes this.
  3. inayat

inayat Head Game Master Moderator

Not sure about the other builds cause i havent tried them.
    But i have made a frostmaiden build with Ice runeword last ladder.
    It is kinda a semi-expensive build where you focus mainly on bow skillers, and mana return items after kill.
    The build is devastatingly effective and if played right can even clear chaos and cows faster than a javazon.

As for Orb sorc, you yes, this build is expensive, but you underestimate a 2k+ orb combined with 95% ES, both in dmg and survivability.
    Frozen orb is still my favourite build both pvp and pvm.
    Build below is without NW and was still messing around with stat points and gear. (fcr rings over soj etc for stats)

[​IMG]

MMladenov and offline like this.
  4. MMladenov

MMladenov Well-Known Member

Hi!

I saw your thread and i find it intresting. In the years i have tried almost everything and i can add some notes to your conlcusions:

Amazon
    As @aBUCHa and @inayat said Frost Bowzone is not useless. She is really strong at PvM, even if the player has fast fingers can be used in PvP.
    If you are interested in seeing such build, there is a player at hardcore who can show her might- @offline

Multishot-Straferzons can be very efficient even with low gear (hydra/forty). If we join the game with second loader (an ench sors) - you will be impressed. Good ench is + ~8k fire dmg. If the player has more resources (to add faith to act 1 merc) or to make faith on his zon and create Pride for merc act 2 (+might aura) than the amazon cannot be stopped. I`ve seen good staferzons dealing with ubers(tristram) alone at full game hardcore (but this is not that easy).

But.. FireZon is difficult to be boosted (in my opinion). We know that infinity doesn`t help much with Fire immunes, so it`s not easy to play as one.

Barbarian
    War Cry - can help a lot in baal runs, but unfortunately doesn`t deal a lot of damage. Fun to play with.

WW/Physical attack - good inventory is needed, but if we have ench sors - he can one-shot everything. And we have to keep in mind that he cannot be hitted - if the player knows how to use leap.

Assassin
    Martial arts - can be very powerful for both PvM/PvP. Kickers/Riftsins are very underestimated (in my opinion)

Fire trap - yes.. kinda useless, unfortunately. But we have to keep in mind that Wake Of Fire is one of the most powerful traps, which the assassin has (for PvP).

Druid
    Fire dru - really funny to play with, strong at PvP, but not that strong PvM (fire immunes). Good gear definately needed.

Summon dru - even with high gear and charms - not efficient and little bit boring.

Shapeshifting Wolf dru - good build fury/rabies can be very powerful at PvM/PvP. Keep in mind that if you are playing such druid you gotta be careful choosing your weapon.
    For PvP if you want to catch casters (not melee) - the tombreaver has almost everything (ias/ed/rez/3socks/great range) - BUT .. it`s really hard to be good player with Shapeshifter. Why? Because you have to learn "how to hit the area where your enemy can pop up". If you run after your pray - you become pray. But if you are roaming and estimating where your opponent can teleport - you can start hitting the "air" so when he teleports - he`s dead. This char can be extremely strong in good hands.

Shapeshifting Bear dru -strong and stable. Great CC abilities (shock wave). But not dealing tons of damage (like common champions) , so he`s not efficient in killing :/

Necromancer

PnB nec - Boners are not that strong PvM (but not that bad PvP). But Poison necro is one of the best chars for farming. One or two poison nova + CE - everything is dead. Very efficient for pits/cows. Can be used in PvP, but you have to be careful and don`t forget putting 1 point in fire golem, because he can kill your enemies when they are at low health from distance.

Summoner(skeleton) nec - good and stable build for farming. With great army, it`s really hard to hit him. Little bit boring (in my opinion) but im fan of PnB necs). It`s good char for new players.

Summoner(golem) nec - as we can imagine - we can do Golem Necromancer Build (Golem mastery, Summon rezist, Clay golem, Iron Golem, Fire golem). But guess what ? :D it`s even weaker than summon druid :D. I`ve tried dueling summon druid`s bear vs any golem --> the bear won - epic duel :D :D

Paladin

Vengeance paladins.. I`ve seen some decent builds, but.. still not easy champ to play with.

Hydra paladin (using Dragonscale zakarum shield) - fun but useless :D

Smiters/Zealers/Fisters/Hammerdins/Chargers are strong

Sors
    Frozen orb (my opinion) - for PvP one of the most annoying champions. For PvM it`s good and stable (even for new players).

Nova - even with the nerf from 1.10, i`ve seen many sorses using it for clearing fast areas (without L imunnes). I`ve seen nova sors duelists as well - with infinity as weapon. But ..they are not that strong anymore.

Hydra - it`s fun, but not efficient :D

sphinx25 and Atox like this.
  5. insanqta

insanqta Member

Okay.. ill be short.
    Compare every of these builds with top PVM builds
    Light sors + infi merc
    Summoner necro + inf merc (and beast or not)
    Javazon + inf merc
    Lightning trap assassin + inf merc

Every single of these above could 1shot huge groups.. how a Multishot bowzon or orber or any of the builds i mentioned could be compared to them? :)
    As for pvp.. the balance there will be way harder to be done.

6. inayat

inayat Head Game Master Moderator

Just because you cant oneshot a group doesnt make a build useless, just more challenging and needs a more skilled players to handle this.
    Anyone can run around oneshotting stuff, but when you actually have to pay attention to your surroundings and build that muscle-reflex (wich really comes in handy when doing pvp),
    its a complete different story.

sphinx25 and Atox like this.
  7. insanqta

insanqta Member

Omg.. d2 and skill okay i'll take a break now :)
    Nevermind forget what i've said.. gl to everyone :) I bet nothing will ever be changed since admins states they want the server as "blizzlike" as it is.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.