How many soj's for Diablo Clone appearing?

Discussion in 'Help Desk' started by Strafano, May 6, 2014.

1. Strafano

Strafano Member

Someone said to me that one soj on this server was enough for the World Event. Today i sold one soj and nothing happened.
    Is there a counter for sold soj's?

PS: The game was hell difficulty and after soj was sold, the message "diablo walk on earth" didnt appeared, only the number of soj's sold

Please let me know

Cheers

2. Coldet

Coldet Forum Legend

Ok I have never known Diablo to not appear. I guess it is possible BUT my suspicion is that your game was possibly not in the Hell Difficulty. Many people including myself have made that mistake.

Edit: Oops silly bugger! I forgot to answer the question :(

ONLY ONE SoJ is Required. Sell it to any NPC (Merchant) in any act of Hell difficulty to activate the Clone. Clone will appear in place of the "Minor Boss" of the first area you go to after selling the SoJ. My personal preference is "Frigid Highlands".

3. Sabrossa

Sabrossa Member

I summoned 5-6 Ubers Diablo's so far and always appeared after 1 soj sold on hell difficulty. as Coldet said, you probably created game on normal or nm. That soj count is just for show, it means nothing.

4. Strafano

Strafano Member

Thanks all for the response.

However i sold the soj on HELL game. The message "Diablo walks on earth" did NOT appeared, only the soj counter. After that i went fot the first unique monster but it was not coverted into the clone....

Any other suggestions?

PS someone yesterday told me that in very rare cases Diablo Clone don't spam after that one soj is sold.

:confused1:

5. MrHammer

MrHammer Forum Legend

Yes, you either saw on screen, damaged or killed that first unique monster pack before selling the soj. If that happends, you then, you need to search another unique monster...

If the "diablo walks the earth" message appears, diablo clone appears.

6. Strafano

Strafano Member

That's what i said... the message did not appear, diablo clone did not appear.....
    meaning that selling one soj (in HELL difficulty) on this server gives not 100% chance to get diablo clone in game
    am i right?

7. Coldet

Coldet Forum Legend

I guess there is always a small chance that Clone will not appear. BUT as I said before I have made the mistake myself. We are all human and can make mistakes. The number of SoJ's sold daily is huge. Not so many reports like yours. In fact Your report is probably even unique

8. Strafano

Strafano Member

Coldet, thanks for your response. Clearly, i was very unlucky considering that it was my first attempt for the Diablo Clone Event on this server. I hope next time everything is gonna be alright :D

I'll keep you ALL informed!

bb

9. sphinx2

sphinx2 Member

Based on my experience so far, if you created the game in hell diff indeed, once you sell the SoJ to any NPC, the very next instance - less than one second - the "Diablo walks the Earth" message appears (first), the screen is shaking (unless you have deactivated that from the maphack config) and only then, a few seconds later, the SoJ counter is shown in another message. This is the order.

I haven't sold SoJ's in any other difficulty, so don't know the flow in this case. Also, I didn't sell any SoJ without DC to appear, but I seriously doubt that it can happen, because it is all code (software), which runs only when a certain condition is satisfied (SoJ is sold)

10. Strafano

Strafano Member

Instead it may happen.
    I sold Soj in hell to Larzuck and clone didint appear.
    As you can seen in the following screenshot soj counter appeared without "diablo walks on earth"
    This is the screenshot:
    [​IMG]

11. Strafano

Strafano Member

I played all the evening and finally got another soj. This time after that, i quitted and created a new game. Afterwards, i sold soj to akara and immediately diablo walked on earth. :)

The only difference respect to the previous attempt was that i created a new game. Can it be relevant?
    Cheers

12. sphinx2

sphinx2 Member

This is the SoJ counter, which appears in all open games, when someone sells a SoJ. It appears also in the game where YOU sell a SoJ, but in the order I mentioned in my previous post.

13. sphinx2

sphinx2 Member

No, it has no relevance. The only condition is to sell it in a HELL game where Diablo Clone has NOT walked the earth. In other words, it is useless to sell a SoJ in a game where DC has already spawned, it will not spawn again in the same game.

Also, from time to time (I haven't been able to identify an algorithm), DC spawns in ALL open hell games. It happened to me yesterday, without me selling a SoJ. But don't count on that, it happens very rarely; it's way more productive to search / buy SoJ's and sell them, if you're looking for annihilus.

14. Aicide

Aicide Member

The algorythm you spoked before sphinx: for example your server ip is 13.621.853.2000, you sell a soj, and dc will appear to everyone whos server ip is xx.xxx.xxx.2000. The numbers was just an example, dunno whats the ''hotip'' at this server.

15. sphinx2

sphinx2 Member

This server runs on only one IP, as far as I know. It's a different story than the "hot IP" server story, which is (or used to be) valid on official battle.net. Here it takes hundreds of SoJ's sold before DC spawns in all open hell games.

However, given the 1 SoJ = 1 anni equation on this server, I think that the aspect I spoke of above is almost irrelevant (let's consider it a gift).

16. reign_again

reign_again Active Member

You people do realize that the SoJ needs to be sold to Akara (act I) right?!

Make a fresh game on Hell, kill nothing, go straight to act I and sell it to Akara in the upper right corner. Then you are in business, I would recommend going straight to Rakanishu in Stony Field.

Any other configuration, though possible (if the server is modified that way) may result either in failing all the time or sometimes so I wouldn't recommend it!

17. Sabrossa

Sabrossa Member

you're wrong reign, i sold at any vendor and uber spawned. I usually sell act 5 malah and go to frigid.

18. reign_again

reign_again Active Member

As I said, even though possible, not recommended. Ever since I started playing here, I always sold it to Akara, and never lost a run!
    Of course his issue may be totally unrelated, he probably sold it on Normal or Nightmare or sometimes shit just happens!

19. JackTheRipper

JackTheRipper Senior Member

how do people know when d clone spawns in another game? is it MH? everytime he spawns in my game 6 people join and steal the charm...yet i never get notified when he spawns in anyone else's game..it's really annoying.

20. JackTheRipper

JackTheRipper Senior Member

will he spawn in private game? i don't want to waste a soj and i dont want people coming in and stealing my anni in public!

• Draft saved Draft deleted