How to fix Lag in game

Discussion in 'Help Desk' started by Hunkel, Oct 29, 2015.

1. Hunkel

Hunkel Member

Am playing the game on EuropeBattle.Net d2.europebattle.net , i just started playing on the servers created new account but when i create new game am having lag. I have to click several times 5+ on creature to kill it, aswell for drops i have to click multiple times to pick it, for conversations i have to click multiple times to talk.

2. Gix

Gix Founder

Type /p and /fps commands in-game and let me know what values you got.

Does the chat appears instantly for you? The delay you've got it's huge and not normal.
    This could be due to multiple reasons like: usage of torrents (uploading/downloading eats a lot of bandwidth), your isp might be performing a maintenance over the external bandwidth, spyware/malware/virus infection.

Your location shouldn't be an issue either as we have players from all over the world and Croatia has a fast reliable connection to our european hosted server.

3. Hunkel

Hunkel Member

I am from Croatia in Europe, 60 FPS, 0 skip, Ping : 100-200 and sometimes goes up to 2000-3000, Phys 2064/4096m, Page 1/4096m , Video Direcrt 3D
    BattleNet Latency: 109

I am playing other games online and i don't have no problem, unleash something happened in very short time like few days ago didn't play anything online.

4. Gix

Gix Founder

Just because you played online games few days ago it doesn't mean you are not having connection problems right now.

An average of ~100 ping is definetly not a cause for your delay. You could wait for tomorrow and see if this still happens as it might be indeed an issue from your ISP. You can also test some other online games you play but make sure they are hosted outside of Croatia because it might be an external connection problem as I said. If your other online games are fine and you still experience this delay I recommend reinstalling the game although I'm sure that the internet connection is to blame considering the big latency spikes you have.

5. Hunkel

Hunkel Member

Ok so i have fixed the lag. I changed few things in my diablo 2 - properties - compatibility

Run the program in compatibility with Windows XP SP3 and tick the following options:

-Run in 256 colors
    -Disable Visual Themese
    -Disable Desktop Composition
    -Run with Admin Privileges (probably not too necessary but I do it anyway)

that didn't help fully so i used and installed Glide wrapper , after that i noticed some improvements but what really helped me was removing my wireless card from my computer and rebooting my computer. That fixed it and now i don't have lag.

6. Gix

Gix Founder

Glad to see you found the cause of your problem.

That explains the huge delay you had as most of times it's related to the connection itself (being the network card, router or internet service provider) and since the wireless card was causing the issue you might expect for it to crash soon. If your wireless card warranty is still active then I recommend you replace it as it's free of charge.

• Draft saved Draft deleted