How to make snakes proof sorc?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by testacc123, Oct 27, 2018.

1. milf35

milf35 Well-Known Member

base eq light sorc + merc infi and u make nih not more than 30 sec (not like this guy from video) / greetings for *Angeloffaith
    just dont tp into snakes, and if u see them on mh just go careful
    you dont need have special builds or make other chars for do it..
    SKILL, not eq =) GL with farming

Fatty180 likes this.
  2. Angeloffaith

Angeloffaith Grail Done Supporter

hey it dont matter how long run is as long u dont die so no need to bash as it was trying to help them is all

milf35 likes this.
  3. milf35

milf35 Well-Known Member

Good that You make video, I just said about time, no offense! =) Me and other ppl here appreciate it for sure that You try to help too

Angeloffaith likes this.
  4. Angeloffaith

Angeloffaith Grail Done Supporter

wasnt sure 100% but i like when i do with my sorc till i get my pala rebilt for it

milf35 likes this.
  5. Dyndrilliac

Dyndrilliac Active Member

I'm a big fan of farming Nith with a Necro, no Infinity needed. All you need is Act II merc (or iron golem) with Insight and Enigma on your Necro for tele to get there quickly. Use Bone Spear as if it were Lightning. You can also spam either Corpse Explosion (if the mobs near Nith are not Fire Immune) or Raise Skeleton. This starves him of corpses and prevents him from getting off his own casts of Corpse Explosion. Snakes are never Magic Immune, so Bone Spear always kills them very fast (just like Hammerdin, which others suggested). The only regular mobs in Act V capable of being Magic Immune are the "Megademon" Pit Lord varieties found in Abaddon, Pit of Acheron, Infernal Pits, and Throne of Destruction.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2018
    Tzutzu79 and Fatty180 like this.
  6. testacc123

testacc123 Active Member

Btw is magic grand charm removed from possible drops in this realm? I did almost 190 runs and none dropped. However I got like 3 or 4 small charms.
    Also, got many dest keys. What's the best way of getting rid of them? People in this realm doesn't seem to be interested in dest vs hate or dest vs terr trades...

Last edited: Nov 2, 2018
  7. Tzutzu79

Tzutzu79 You're too late, Hahaha.. Moderator

No, it's not removed, keep it up with travi, cs, nihla runs, it will drop.
    Best way to get rid of them? Don't pick them up, lol.
    People are not interested in them because everybody runs Nihlathak...because it's the most profitable superunique in the whole game. Can drop every item and up to cham rune (I think), and lvl95 gc, wich can be rerolled in skillers 45life

Fatty180 and testacc123 like this.
  8. testacc123

testacc123 Active Member

Ok tnx for info. Just looked from drop calculator that it should drop with chance of 1:175 or so. Not sure if it's same on this realm. That's why I asked - wanted to be sure that boss I run can drop what I want it to drop. Tnx for info.

Tzutzu79 likes this.
  9. Tzutzu79

Tzutzu79 You're too late, Hahaha.. Moderator

Yw, my problem is how to get rid of gheeds, they're dropping everywhere :p

10. testacc123

testacc123 Active Member

Ask admins to mod game so that only Lilith can drop them with chance of 1:10k :p Compensation for that could be double the stats and always perfect roll. :p

Tzutzu79 likes this.
  11. SorceCode

SorceCode Active Member

Pretty sure Javazon is beast for this.

12. zirzius

zirzius Supporter

Snakes deals very little damage but their attack frame rate is very high.
    Damage reduction in % such as ber runes shakos ETC, basicaly has no effect on snakes, just make as much as possible Damage reduction( sol rune, amu 24+, natures) and u will be immortal to snakes.
    Best to farm nithaltak is make hammerdin with few sol runes on him, and make merc with insight,diadem 24+dmg reduc, amu 24+dmg reduc, natures peace(your merc will be immortal to snakes at nithaltak,

Fatty180, Povka and Atox like this.
  13. sphinx25

sphinx25 Well-Known Member

My 2 cents on the topic (applies to sorc only, with autotele involved and standard gear). As I see things, there are 3 viable options:
    1. If there are a lot of tomb vipers (aka Nihl snakes), spread all around Nihlathak, next game is the best option; for a highly unlikely return and high risk of getting your char killed, no option is better, period. There are still runs to be made, this won't be your last.
    2. If there are fewer vipers, and located on 1-2 sides of Nihl, just tele a bit further away from the vipers, finish off Nihl (unless he spawns immune to your main damage) and then the vipers (or next game, if nothing good drops).
    3. If you have a strong enough sorc, bo-ed and with decent life, you could try holding SHIFT. Yes, it's right, I'm not freaking kidding, holding Shift (to make your char stand still) will save you from the vipers most of times, if not always. Tomb vipers attack using the Poison Javelin amazon skill, which deals insane damage only if you move through the invisible cloud in the line of attack; if standing still, the damage is fairly little.
    Finish off Nihl / the vipers, tele away if you sense danger, use Nature's, but it's doable without too much special gear.

Fatty180 and Tzutzu79 like this.
  14. Povka

Povka Supporter

On Nightmare and Hell difficulty, the Halls of Vaught may spawn with Tomb Vipers. Their primary attack is a poison missile similar to a Plague Javelin, only capable of much more damage. Due to a bug, a percentage of their charge damage is included in the secondary cloud of poison as physical damage; the AoE cloud. This means that one could avoid the initial poison from the spear but still get damage of the cloud should his character run into it. The cloud isn't visible however, but will stay about five seconds after the initial spear's cloud vanishes. If the player does not move in this time, the second cloud will not affect them. Getting knocked back will also not trigger the second cloud.

Physical damage can be mitigated by equipping items with integer physical damage reduction. Other way of countering their attack (for melee characters) is by moving close enough to the creatures so that they will melee instead of using their missile attack. Casting Dim Vision on them will work as well as they won't attack something until they're aware of it. Another tactic, working on all guest monsters is to Save and Exit the game and try again, hopefully being able to avoid having them spawn again.

15. chamisko

chamisko Member

i use sor light with standard eq like, oculus, spirit shako, skullder, arachnid, bk ring + nature, travellers, chance guards gloves and mara, merc with infi andariel, duriel, nature gorerider and vampire gloves. 4,2k HP and go easy, no fear of the death.

• Draft saved Draft deleted