Guide How to play Diablo 2 on Android

Discussion in 'Guides' started by Goplexer, Jun 5, 2019.

1. Goplexer

Goplexer Senior Member

Note: Make sure your mobile device is at least Android 4.4. Since the old versions do not support the game through the emulator.

First you need to download the Diablo II version 1.12 with an additional patch version 1.13 LOD.
    Then unzip the .zip or install .exe file to the root of your SD card. After you have downloaded the game, you need to make sure that you have enough memory for the emulator.

Download:
    https://www.blizzard.com/en-us/download
    http://ftp.blizzard.com/pub/diablo2exp/patches/PC/LODPatch_113c.exe
    Alternatively, you may download the full ready to play Diablo II 1.13c game client straight from the website http://europebattle.net/d2/join

Next we need to install
    ExaGear Windows Emulator.

Download:
    APK: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yNZUu-Nx4U7vnhkj7FhWww-KVQ-g8JDC/view?usp=sharing
    CACHE: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1eoQfjyacIOXycG_Nw4Ey_Kol4HaO8kWb/view?usp=sharing

After you have downloaded the emulator, unpack the cache in the SDcard/Android/obb path.

Next run the emulator.

[​IMG]

Locate the unpacked file Diablo 2 and run setup.exe

[​IMG]

Run the emulator, wait for the download.

Next, click the "Install new" tab, look for Diablo 2 - LOD 1.13, click setup.exe and install it in the D:\Games\Diablo 2 directory.
    We are waiting for installation ...

While you wait for the installation, go to the site and download the server patch from EuropeBattle.Net

Download: http://europebattle.net/d2/join
    Download all the necessary files. First, install the EuropeBattleInstaller.exe patch or extract EuropeBattle.zip to the game folder.
    Go to the emulator and look in the menu "Containers manager". Create a container, and select "Properties"

[​IMG]

Customize the game for yourself, but just in case lay out the example.

[​IMG]

Further, in the container, we press "Run Explorer" we pass into the Windows emulator itself.
    We are looking for a folder with the game where you installed it.
    Download and run the file BNGatewayEditor.exe

[​IMG]

After that, run the game Diablo 2.exe. Go to the game menu and go to the BNGateway Editor.
    Minimize Diablo 2 and go to the Europe (chosen) tab. Rename server by example.

[​IMG]

After filling the lines, click the "Set to Chosen Gateway" tab and click "Detect Gateway".

Next, go to the container, run the Run Explorer - Start-Run type regedit.
    After you have installed
    EuropeBattleInstaller.exe in the game folder, we go again to regedit -> Registry -> Import reg File.
    We are looking for the
    EuropeBattle Gateway.reg file and set it to the register.

[​IMG]

Go to the folder with the game, look for the file Loader.exe and hold. Click Create Link, rerun the emulator. Go to the Desktop tab and start the game.
    In the menu, click
    EuropeBattle.Net. Create or enter your account, then go to the Create tab, create a game.

Diablo II BH Map Hack Android: Download and unpack the archive from the link below install in the root where your Android game is located.
    http://d2.rocks/tools/D2BHMapHack.zip

Congratulations, you're in the game!

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 27, 2022
    Remind, Leviathan, V4mpir and 11 others like this.
  2. Gix

Gix Founder

Awesome, thanks for the guide @Goplexer.

3. Aldur

Aldur Senior Member

Brilliant!

4. Kalel91

Kalel91 Member

I followed the step by step but the message appears: failed to find exagear image

5. Sayadjin

Sayadjin Active Member

Can we play on IOS?
    If it’s possible, would be really nice
    Or only for Android is available?!

Waiting for your Replys.
    Have a nice Day Guys

The guide is for Android devices only as the title says so, we recommend using a PC instead as the mobile experience is going to be uncomfortable.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2020
  6. InnerLaugh

InnerLaugh Member

Sorry for silly question, but is it cell phone???

7. Jaysilver89

Jaysilver89 Member

I followed the guide, but when I try to start the multiplayer it crashes in the loading.
    can someone help me?

8. Nechifor

Nechifor Senior Member

On what device are you running the game?
    I've been running the game for weeks on a Samsung Note 8 with Android 9.

9. Nechifor

Nechifor Senior Member

Gameplay on Note8 with Stylus

colder, Tzutzu79, Atox and 1 other person like this.
  10. zirzius

zirzius Supporter

Got the same issue with multiplayer, Crashes as It tries to check version.
    Single player works fine.

11. IntSomnium

IntSomnium Member

Holy cow! I thought i would never see D2 on Android!
    It's easy to play in mobile, or it's a pain to use all the stuff?

12. Fuzzey

Fuzzey Active Member

Hey I have some trouble with the android installment. I downloaded everything and got exagear to work on my mobile and I downloaded the patch an and the .exe file for the game downloader like you said. The thing is when I start the game downloader it is not 1.12 that downloads but 1.14. Should I just continue the download then later run the 1.13 patch before I download the europebattle.net patch?

13. Levitas

Levitas Well-Known Member

Hi mate, I used the download version of d2 from http://europebattle.net/d2/join as it is already 1.13 and it works just fine with it

14. Fuzzey

Fuzzey Active Member

I have stumbled upon another problem, I get an error message when I try to run the Europebattle.installer... and the BNgateway.editor is no where to be found. This would have made it so much easier with a video ^^

(Merged) I'll try to do everything from scratch again. Does it work to copy the game folder from my PC to the emulator?

(Merged) Now I tried every step again. For some reason the BNgateway editor.exe file does not appear. I get an error right at the end of the install, when I install the europebattle.installer. I don't know if that is the reason but it's driving me nuts. Anyone have any ideas/tips?

(Merged) I guess I'm writing to myself at this point. I finally got it to work, but I'm having some controller issues. I tried with the fallout keybinds and they seem to be the best but right clicking, I can't find out how to do it. Anyone have experience with this?

Please use the edit button located at the bottom if you wish to update your initial post, do not triple post.
    Have in mind that we do not officially support Android and the member that submitted this guide hasn't logged in for over a year.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 26, 2020
  15. Gix

Gix Founder

@Fuzzey, you could go ahead and try different gestures such as double-tap, long press, or two-point tap in order to right-click. Alternatively, there are 3rd party key mapping apps that you can try.
    Also, try to be more specific about the errors you are getting and if you got it working it helps to share that piece of information too in case anyone would find himself in a similar situation.

PS: Mind the moderator note in your post and use the edit button if you wish to give an update on your progress, instead of triple posting. You can find the button at the bottom of each of your posts.

colder and kiwifruit like this.
  16. Fuzzey

Fuzzey Active Member

Yeh I'm sorry about the triple posts and the inconsistency in my rants about errors. The guide doesn't specify that you have to download the BNgatewayeditor.exe from the webpage. After I downloaded it, everything worked out.

Thank you for the tips regarding double tap, it worked.

colder and kiwifruit like this.
  17. Levitas

Levitas Well-Known Member

@Fuzzey, if you tap with 4 fingers you will get the help popup that will explain how to do certain commands. For me the default controller seems to be best, but even with it you cannot do much more than trade.

colder, Gix and kiwifruit like this.
  18. Fuzzey

Fuzzey Active Member

Was thinking maybe I should give an update on this. Been playing a lot using my Samsung S10, currently my playtime is 90% mobile and 10% computer. I can MF, baal runs, boost, trade, cows, nilhatak, even did ubers. Using the 'fallout' controls and I'm getting quiet good at it, just rearranged some of the key buttons like swap weapons etc.

Works great but I will say computer is better, faster and more fun. But it works

Gix likes this.
  19. Kabraxis

Kabraxis Well-Known Member

Hello, today I run d2 on my android, but my question is how can i run stings maphack because i dont know how to run it as administrator, as it says access denided.

20. Fuzzey

Fuzzey Active Member

Hey. I'm not sure if you are using the original download file or if you are using Atox modified ones. But I'm using atoxs version. I found it easiest to just copy my own d2 folder from my computer into my android. Through a USB cable. I don't have to run stings mh, it starts with the game. Hope it helps.

Making modifications to maphack and other d2 files on android is rather difficult,so when I want to change things on my android device I just do it on my computer and copy them over. Are you running stings mh as a 3rd party solution or integrated with d2?

Gix likes this.
  • Draft saved Draft deleted