Infinity on eth cv or non eth thresher?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by dvdmcwilliams, Jan 9, 2022.

1. dvdmcwilliams

dvdmcwilliams Active Member

Well the title says it all, I cant find any eth thresher/giant thresher, I've only a non eth threser or an eth cv to make infinity for my trapsin merc, is that ok, or do i keep looking for eth thresher?
    Edit: i socketed the thresher, got just one sock :mad:, i've now only an eth cv.

2. sphinx25

sphinx25 Well-Known Member

If you're only farming regular mobs (cows, for instance), then a non-eth polearm will do the job. But if you're going for bosses, it will take much longer to put them to sleep.
    As a general rule, you should always use an eth weapon for mercs (+50% base damage), especially for fairly expensive runewords such as Infinity.
    And the rest is to adjust gear for a specific IAS breakpoint that you want to achieve, while keeping an eye on other useful mods - CB, OW, etc.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2022
  3. Henry2

Henry2 Senior Member

I wouldn't sweat it, threshers are only marginally better then cvs in terms of speed, with 60 ias on merc you have 1 frame slower jab which attacks 85% of the time, and 2 frames slower normal attack. You will do most of the work anyways. Imho better to have eth weapon :)

Draft saved Draft deleted