Jackpot event

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Stefansg, Jan 11, 2021.

1. Stefansg

Stefansg Supporter

Hi,

I was thinking about a jackpot event on the forum.
    Here is my idea of how it could run:

The entry rune will be Ber for example, runes to be kept by GM, each player will be allowed to 1 entry and will be assigned with a number in “first in” order.

Example if i will join the event first i will receive number 1, the secound player to join 2 and so on.

The event can last for a week or two and the winner will be decided using random number generator same as count to 1000 events.

2. Ezekiel

Ezekiel Administrator

I don't know if a jackpot event where the winner takes it all is feasible without taking several aspects into consideration first. Assuming 30 players would register for the event that would result in one person obtaining at least 30 Bers in one go within a week from posting once per your example which is quite significant but a smaller fee could probably work.
    Another aspect to take into consideration would be collecting the entry fee and I don't see an efficient way to do this because players shall log at random hours which would make it very difficult to gather the runes all together. Creating mule accounts is not an option because we do not want to be flooded with empty registered accounts for this purpose. Maybe you have an idea regarding this aspect.

3. Stefansg

Stefansg Supporter

Hi and thank you for your reply.

A smaller fee or a longer time frame would work fine but we could limit the number of allowed registrations to let's say 10 per event in first come/first served order , lower the fee to Sur. A solution for the fee collection is that the collector will chose time and date for the fee to be collected. For example if inayat would lets say be available on his desired time he could collect the runes during the week . If registered players won't be able to meet those hours i will gladly support the event and collect it at their desired time.
    The secound solution would be mulling... i do not know the impact that 10 accounts with mules would have in flood matters but if its minimal or close to 0 then every registered player will receive username and password from an account and would be requested to deposit the fee within a timeframe after registration. if unable to do so then unfortunately the player will be taken out of the contest and the chance will be given to another player . at the end of each event the accounts password will be reseted as it happens to the shop mules.

I don't think that this would work on a weekly basis becouse as you said, the lucky winner will take all but could run once as something new or on a monthly basis.

The event could be run for SC this month for example and next month for HC

Last edited: Jan 18, 2021
Draft saved Draft deleted