GM Application JivkoEnev's Application

Discussion in 'Admin Applications' started by JivkoEnev, Apr 21, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JivkoEnev

JivkoEnev Supporter

Name:
    Zhivko Enev
    Bulgaria / UK
    Online Time:
    As of Monday I am going back to work, where I work as a carer in a care home, probably on 12h shifts from 07:00 AM till 19:00 PM UTC and of course will be available on my days off work.
    Spoken Languages:
    Bulgarian, English
    Account Name:
    jikieluud (main) / FairyTrade (TopazChat)
    Game Playing Experience:
    I started playing while I was in junior school, ~ 11-12 years old. I've played in various servers for couple of years and have been here for about 3 years I think.
    How can you help the server?:
    I'm always up to help people any way I can. As long as I am online I am always observing my TopazChat and what's happening, even when I'm teleporting try to help people with issues or rushes/ubers. My forum activity is not the best, I can honestly admit that, probably because some of the things we are discussing in the game chat. But I always strive to be better and in another game I managed to go through the ladder from User -> Server Admin -> Ban Squad -> Global Moderator -> Administrator (default red).
    Anything else..I don't know, maybe if you guys have some questions towards me, I'd be happy to answer them.

noxsexy likes this.
  2. noxsexy

noxsexy Active Member

( Sorry if i don't have to answer at this kind of posts )
    There are alot of people who help without being a GM ! Good luck ;)
    Just a qwick advice, read the guide before you apply. There is " Forum activity required ":tup::tup::tup:

Realmate and Atox like this.
  3. dafranco

dafranco Forum Legend

Hello and thanks for the apply , but after all the things you've done last season i will never vote for you! Good luck!

noxsexy likes this.
  4. inayat

inayat Head Game Master Moderator

Did i miss something?

5. Gix

Gix Founder

He's refering to the attitude that him and his buddy had during one of the earliest high level tournaments that were hosted back in the previous season. Apparently one of them got disqualified because he was pissed off the map had some holes and he couldn't charge as a paladin and some people can't make a suggestion or constructive criticism without insulting the other person, the GM in this case, and I guess the other one stepped in for his friend while having the same attitude. Anyway, that belongs to the past now.
    Thing is ever since the previous admin application was submitted about two years ago, the overall activity hasn't really improved much but it's always a good thing you see someone being helpful in-game.

Kefflar32 likes this.
  6. JivkoEnev

JivkoEnev Supporter

Excuse me, but I'd like to clear the air about that issue.
    When this happened, the map was full of holes and when you play a melee champion it's not the best to have to go around holes or get stuck on them, while the teleporting casters can use this in their advantage.
    We asked and I don't need to lie about this very nicely for a map change, but it was denied and my party was told that if he doesn't want to fight on this map he will simply be disqualified and he actually was. How it's written makes us the bad guys and yes, an argument in Skype occurred between both of them and things were said, resulting in my party being banned from the forum and the server and when I posted some tournament rules I was told that I MUST NOT copy/paste rules and make them on my own, like the rules are different or something and I got banned from the forums, so I've no idea about activity and honestly when I look up at the trending topics, well I don't really like to participate in forum games like counting and stuff. I stand my position on this issue that we were in our rights to ask for a map change and a disqualification from the tournament might have been a bit much and it resulted in frustration.
    When I came back after several months I looked over your PvP rules and seeing you implying the same ones (probably because you can't make a different set of PvP rules for Diablo II) makes me wonder why that had to happen months ago.
    And if I have to be completely honest here, I was told that the referee that disqualified my party was not in fault, but it was you Gix that we should have blamed, as you were the one who made and enforced the rules.
    This is what's it about, inayat

7. Gix

Gix Founder

Sorry to dissapoint you but my only part in that event was giving prizes to the winners at the end of it. I haven't made any of those rules and I couldn't have enforced them since I didn't even hosted the event so let me doubt you were actually told that by someone. This is the thread in discussion that was made two years ago and you can see who was the host and that the common sense pvp rules have been used which were definetly not a bad choice but when it comes to high level dueling someone will always find a reason to complain about and in this case it was you and your friend because no one else had a problem with that. As for why you got banned from the forums, temporarily because you're not mentioning that, it's not because you copy/pasted some rules from google but because of the rude and insulting post you made in that thread against the GM, @dafranco, after your friend got disqualified and then banned due to insulting a staff member multiple times and deliberately disrupting the event. There is a difference between being frustrated and a acting like jackass as you and your friend did at that moment and just because you think you were entitled to ask for a map change that doesn't give you the right to be rude about it and insult someone because it didn't got changed while in the middle of the event considering you can always decide not to participate if you don't agree with the event rules.

PS: I'm pretty sure that was also one of @dafranco's first events ever hosted, if not the first one and even though he chose a short list of common sense dueling rules instead of some whatever league dueling rules that involves half of page of text and confuses people, you had a 5 days time frame since the event has been announced and until the day it took place to agree or disagree with those rules and not participate or make any suggestions and so on but of course none of that happend and thing is once the disturbing player has been disqualified everything went smooth and people enjoyed the event so kinda makes it obvious what was the problem. Sure, might have been a good idea to use some more complex rules at that time as we do nowadays for our LLD tournaments but hey, I was fine with him giving it a try and host a tournament. Why not, everyone has to start somewhere and be sure not many will nail it straight from their first try. At the end of the day it's all about having fun and that's something you and your buddy didn't had while everyone else did so imo he did well.

As for the forum activity, it refers to helping other players not necessarily to participate to the forum games but I guess there was no one to help or advice with anything in the past two years.

dafranco and Neko941 like this.