Key set disappeared

Discussion in 'Help Desk' started by LeFan, Mar 23, 2020.

1. LeFan

LeFan Member

Hi,

I did try to mule my key sets and had to go for 5-10 min away and when I came back I couldn't find them on the ground. Nobody has connected, but it just gone. As I am aware items will disapear after some time, but is it like 5-10mins? Not gonna lie it made me sad, 2 full sets are gone. >.<

2. sphinx25

sphinx25 Well-Known Member

Sorry about your loss, but it's a free and inexpensive lesson that you shouldn't do this again in the future. I got burned myself and learned my lesson, hopefully.
    If you want to mule something, make sure you have the time it takes before you drop things on the floor.
    Items such as pandemonium keys are being kept on the ground for 10 minutes by the server - http://classic.battle.net/diablo2exp/items/basics.shtml.

TheDarkestHate, colder and Gix like this.
  3. LeFan

LeFan Member

On top of that, I did sell Soj, was killing Diablo and for the first time got this error, came back and game was already finished... upload_2020-3-23_22-43-19.png

4. sphinx25

sphinx25 Well-Known Member

This is bad luck, a hickup from your ISP, an entirely different story than the first one. This just wasn't your day, we all have these every once in a while.
    Cheer up, though, good times are around the corner :)!

5. LeFan

LeFan Member

Few days of mf'ing just ended like this... Now I am tilted >.<
    Either way, thanks for help.

6. Gix

Gix Founder

On top of what @sphinx25 already stated very well, muling should be done via trade window and not by dropping items on the ground. If the item has any value to you, always login a second character either being on the same or a different account and trade the items to yourself if you wish to mule. This way you will always be safe in case of an unexpected crash.
    Retrieving a set of keys shouldn't take longer than half an hour, even less and you can always buy a whole set of keys or SoJ from other players for ohm as well which you can easily obtain by selling about 80 random perfect gems which are very easy to farm. Nightmare travincal is another great place if you wish to farm SoJ, as you can see there are multiple ways to obtain it.

7. LeFan

LeFan Member

Yeah will do that, but at that moment it was painful, since I have just started to play and invested time into these finds and basically lost. Thanks for the tips.

colder likes this.
  • Draft saved Draft deleted