Solved Lost exp

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by winetou, Oct 23, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. winetou

winetou Supporter

Hi,
    how is it possible...?
    I was in game, there was some connection problem (for sure it wasnt my net problem) "your connection was interrupted"... a few times...
    ...and i noticed that i have lost 10% exp w/o dying?
    acc: winetou
    char: W_Hyperion
    ty

2. sphinx25

sphinx25 Well-Known Member

It's a tough pill to swallow, I had it too a couple of times. When you lose connection, for whatever reason, the character remains in the game - not sure for how long, until it is auto-kicked by the server for (probably) not responding to ping or something along that line. If you have the "luck" to be in a crowded place with your char, it is possible that it dies.
    This is, most likely, what you encountered. Saw now that it's a 98 lvl char, and this definitely hurts, but it's unlikely that anyone can restore your lost exp (and time).
    Best approach is, probably, to either exit the game with the char and wait for ping / latency to come back to normal values, or to stay behind, if in a public game with chars that can cope with mobs.
    One last thing: at least you were not in HC :)

Kefflar32 likes this.
  3. Gix

Gix Founder

Most likely your character was still in that game for a couple more seconds until you lagged out and it died during that time; death is the only scenario where you would lose experience alone.

LE: As far as I checked one of the servers experienced some temporary connection issues for a few minutes earlier today and your game was probably created on that particular server. Unfortunately, it's impossible for an internet connection to be absolutely perfect year around at all times so even hosting companies can sometimes have their problems although it's a whole lot rarer than a regular person's internet connection and sometimes it's not even that and could be the upstream itself or a random node in between you and host as in this case. You can however simply create a new game and get assigned to a different server that is in a good state since we have a lot of different servers available or just stay out of the game for a few minutes if you experience any issues and try again afterwards.

Kefflar32 likes this.
  4. Hildreck

Hildreck Active Member

but he said he didnt have to retrieve his body if i am correct....if you die you have to pickup your body right?

im just curious and joining the conversation, hope its ok

5. sphinx25

sphinx25 Well-Known Member

You lose 10% if you die and do not recover the body, which will appear in the next game you join / create in town. If you recover the body in the same game that you died, the penalty drops to 2.5%. These figures are per death, if you die multiple times in the same game, you start multiplying them by the number of deaths.

kiwifruit and Gix like this.
  6. Hildreck

Hildreck Active Member

OH WOW!, i never knew this, i always left my dead body there. well CRAP! thank you, ive learned something! :)

7. winetou

winetou Supporter

Yes, im familiar with all you said... (ofc dont accuse anyone, just discuss the issue)...
    Let me to be more detailed... per example, Two weeks ago i had died again (in 96 and 97 didnt die once, now two times, anyway). It was "usual" dying... :) joined from an old laptop, it crashed and in next game my body was in town.
    Now, in next game i was with 1point hp, i was in throne and was thinking, uuh im poisoned and survived, even i continued to play and losing 10% i noticed few games later...
    Thats why i was wondering how it is possible..., no body in town, all my equipment were on me... just lost exp...
    ty for answers

Hildreck likes this.
  8. Fou_Brac

Fou_Brac Supporter

If u leave a game fast enough ( or in your case get dc) ur hero wont have to pickup body on next game but it will still count ur death. We do this on pvp so we dont have to go back and pickup our mana potions

Kefflar32, winetou, sphinx25 and 4 others like this.
  9. Hildreck

Hildreck Active Member

This is the answer i was looking for, this explains my confusion on the idea.

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.