Guide Masterclass on ring crafting by realaki

Discussion in 'Guides' started by realaki, Nov 22, 2022.

1. realaki

realaki Supporter

Hello fellow crafters, or just players!
    [​IMG]
    Ever since I've seen these crazy crafted rings I wanted to recreate them.
    So I started reading crafting guides, the game's method of item creation, affix tables, all sorts of things. Now I'm ready to share the conclusion of this research with you guys, so we all may create such beautiful rings.
    The basic principles of crafting are summed up in this guide. The guide is not wrong about you dying alone if you don't fully read it!! I tried to understand by taking peeks at it and it's a lot different once you read it as a whole.
    The main thing about crafting is that you have to watch out for ONE number, and that number is the alvl of the ring.
    The alvl determines what affixes (prefixes and suffixes - stats) the item can get.
    Two other numbers define the alvl of the crafted ring, one being the ilvl of the magic ring that gets crafted, the other is the clvl (character level) of the hero you craft with.
    We have full control over these two numbers, so we need to modify them in a way that we get the best possible alvl for our ring.
    Now what is our desired alvl? I copy the wanted affixes here from the mentioned guide:
    (P) "Great Wyrm's" (level 37, levelreq 29, group 115): +61-90 to Mana
    (P) "Rainbow" (level 56, levelreq 48, group 116): All Resistances +8-11
    (P) "Cobalt/Garnet/Coral/Jade" (level 18, levelreq 13, group 117/118/119/120): Cold/Fire/Lightning/Poison Resist +21-30 %
    (S) "of the Apprentice" (level 5, levelreq 3, group 9): +10 % FCR
    (S) "of Precision" (level 56, levelreq 48, group 17): +10-15 to Dexterity
    (S) "of the Mammoth" (level 68, levelreq 60, group 26): +31-40 to Life
    (S) "of the Titan" (level 74, levelreq 66, group 31): +16-20 to Strength

We can see that the highest level affix "of the Titan" is lvl 74, so we want AT LEAST LVL 74 alvl rings.

The lowest alvl affix that we DO NOT want is
    (S) "of the Lamprey" (level 77, levelreq 65, group 27): 7-8 % Life Stolen Per Hit
    So we can see we are trying to get rings with alvl between 74-76!

I could get into details how to achieve any wanted alvl for the rings, but to sum it up the best character level to gamble and craft these rings is clvl 75.
    You will receive ilvl 70-79 rings, and you need to only keep the ones ilvl 74-79.
    This way after crafting ilvl 74-79 rings with clvl 75 character, you will have alvl 74-76 rings, which is just what we want.

DISCLAIMER:
    I left a lot of details and information out of this guide, to make it as quick and easy to understand as possible! If you want exact information about this topic, I recommend reading THIS guide!
    This guide is only for rings, other items need other kind of calculations!
    The possible affixes/stats to get with this method are the mentioned ones, if you desire other stats, you should look for a different guide/research yourself!

For the ending I would like to show my own success with this method. Unfortunately I wasn't lucky enough to get something gg, but the results still prove the potential of this method, and prove that you don't lose anything despite crafting this "low" level.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

TL;DR:
    If you don't like reading/thinking, or just not too good at english:
    Rush a lvl 75 char, gamble rings and sell back 70-73 lvl ones, only keep 74-79. Then craft them for best chances at fcr str dex life mana allres rings.

Cheers, and best of luck
    realaki

Attached Files:

kiwifruit and sphinx25 like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted