Melee assa build?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Alex_1987, Jan 23, 2022.

1. Alex_1987

Alex_1987 Senior Member

I am playing kicksin and she is great! But I am interested to play for sin which actually uses double claws. Although from what I searched, it is not very popular. People play traps or kicks. There is whirlwind build but it does not look too great tbh.
    Are there solid sin builds focused on melee combat with claws? I mean I plan use Death Sentry of course as an addition, but not much more...

2. kiwifruit

kiwifruit Game Master

Have you tried playing Martial arts assassin for PvM? It could be quite fun to use a build oriented on a charge-up skill like Phoenix Strike.
    e.g. 20 points on Phoenix strike, 20 points claw mastery, 20 points venom + enough weapon block points for at least 60 block and etc.

3. Alex_1987

Alex_1987 Senior Member

This sounds interesting... I only tried pure claw mastery with viper strike (life leach), and figured out that kicks are just better. Does Phoenix strike work in the same way: 1-3 rclicks for charges + 1 lclick to release them with normal attack?

4. kiwifruit

kiwifruit Game Master

Yes that is correct, charge-up skills must end on a dragon finishing skill (like dragon claw) or a normal attack

colder likes this.
  5. Alex_1987

Alex_1987 Senior Member

Here is what I came to. Dragon Claw assa based on pretty wealthy funding :D
    It was important for me to build melee assa specifically with 2 claws. DC seems like the only ability capable of doing descent damage from claws with good AR. She was able to kill Diablo Clone and Ubers without dying, so obviously it's a viable build, but honestly my kicksin can do it much better and cleaner.
    Personal impression: using two claws instead of kicks "eats" a lot of skill points (claw mastery, claw blocking), but still do not completely compensate benefits I would get from shield otherwise. I got also 20 lvl venom and high DS but without synergies, so it's also weaker then of kicksin. I can use WW with Chaos if I want to (12k AR), but it's more like pure fun than smth practical as its damage is still very low.
    Overall yeah, you can play 2 claws melee, but kicksin is just better...
    My gear: Bartucs + Shael, Jade Talon + Amn, Enigma, Shako + Ber, draculs, gores, etc. Guillam's face for ubers, because CB is another huge pain with this build.

diablo_ii-2022-01-30-16_16_48.png

colder, Bloody Angel and kiwifruit like this.
  • Draft saved Draft deleted