Guide MF Runs / Finds / Treasures

Discussion in 'Guides' started by Hazey, Sep 19, 2012.

1. Angelus1

Angelus1 Member

not hell, travincal :) sry

2. Coldet

Coldet Forum Legend

I would need to check this But the area level for Hell Travicle is 82 and the council mobs are probably 85 as you say.

Crown of ages is a Treasure Class 87 item and will therefore only drop in the area with alvl 85.

List of TC87 items:
    [U][S][U][U][S][U][U][/u][/u][/s][/u][/u][/s][/u]

3. raften

raften Forum Legend

Ok, Coa 23 14 2 , i was fooling around with my 10 ctb sorc in the baal room , testing ... bored ... when at the venom lords wave tada COA :)

4. Sabrossa

Sabrossa Member

i'm sorry to say that i've given up on D2. Ive been playing for some time now and im bored of finding NOTHING. Ive tried all mf : 0, 50, 100, 150,200.300, 400, even 500 for 50 wsk + chaos runs. found nothing worth keeping. So im gonna take a break for now, maybe my apetite will come back for playing d2, but i doubt it. Gl and have fun everyone. See ya.

5. JackTheRipper

JackTheRipper Senior Member

I was on the same boat of being bored but i think my issue was i was going to too many locations hoping to find something in 1 game as apposed to just mfing in one spot, my mf runs were taking too long. I recently started to just do Nih runs or just do Countess etc.. and found a lot more stuff individually than all the mf spots in one game. so far in under 15 Nih runs I found a COA and in 12 Countess I found 3 ums, 2 ists, and a Lo.

Something to try for the people struggling to find stuff! Hope it helps!

6. Sabrossa

Sabrossa Member

that's not the way i like to play, like a robot, farming one spot only for 3 h to find an item. I like to farm different places, to enjoy playing the game... thats why probably i cant find any good items.

7. sphinx2

sphinx2 Member

If you're clearing many areas per game, then it is wise to do it in a 8-player game. Ideally, they would all party and be in the same area, but if you're doing it solo, it helps as well, but not as much as in the 8p - same area situation. This will diminish the inherent no-drop and, therefore, increase the probability of finding something worthy - items, runes, charms, jewels a.s.o. Needless to say that you need a character that can kill pretty fast and survive, otherwise this is pointless. The side benefit is the experience, that can be outstanding, if farming is done in areas that would also give exp.

But I do agree with Jack, robot-type farming (mindless runs in big numbers) on a specific boss proved to be more effective for me as well, in terms of returns, although it does get one bored way faster. (As a side note, I never used bots and never will, as it's not my purpose to get filthy rich fast, but rather enjoy the drops I get by legit play).

However, there are situations where the "enjoy the game" strategy proves to be more appropriate then mindless runs.

JackTheRipper likes this.
  8. JackTheRipper

JackTheRipper Senior Member

Hi,
    I know Grizwald is the best place for most Runeword items on NM and Hell, Nih also drops a lot of Shadow Bows, was wondering if there's any particular spot to find Great Bows? **Not GMB** trying to make a Faith bow for my Merc.

Thanks!

9. Hash-Pipe

Hash-Pipe Active Member

i would try cows in nm or hell, if not there then possibly the pit in act 1

JackTheRipper likes this.
  10. NaBelea

NaBelea Well-Known Member

Well...hi there...i've been playing for a while now,about a week or more and there's something that just doesn't sit right with me...

I'm a very old player of d2...been playing since d1...and i consider myself very well educated on everything in-game.

However...i've been mf-ing for as long as i've been playing,the problem is that nothing and i mean nothing drops.

I did all areas in the game at once,i did all bosses on separate runs (example i did well over 200 runs on countess all under 1min) and i got 3-4 Mal runes and that's about it...everything else under Lem rune. People here talking about 45 ber runes for an item,and i'm just sitting here annoyed like hell. I admin my sorc doesn't have a whole lot of mf,but i know that 100% mf is the perfect mf (at least for me,i've been able to find everything with 100% mf) that's on official or other servers...i can't find anything here,and it's getting to be really annoying.

I'd love to hear some opinions on this...maybe some newer players here have the same problem,but they just don't say anything..i'm curios what could solve this problem... thanks in advance for your input. Have a great night (day) w/e is in your country.

11. theviper

theviper Member

I know you've heard this before, but its all random, and that means there is a lot of variance. You could easily do 500 countess runs without a rune higher than Mal; however, you could also do 10 runs and get an ohm and a vex. If you want to get some drops, go run nihly and travancial. Nihl can take a while to get anything, but if you do 50 Trav runs I can garauntee that you will get something sellable. If you are trying to make some profit, start rerolling charms or just sell the Pgems. Keep at it, your luck will change.

12. Sevar

Sevar Member

Problem is not in your TV. Last reset of Ladder was before a year and for this time alot of runes drop in Softcore and many of them was stored ( not used for runewords). That why you can hear for such kind of numbers of Bers per item. In softcore more easy way to make runes is from Trade than from runs.
    As Gix said ones: % of chance to drop any of higher runes depends from players online in open games. That mean if you made a lot of runs when active players are not so much you will not take any profit of it.
    I have also to consult this with Gix or someone than know better the mechanic of drop chance of the runes, but i also assume there is daily and weekly limit of drop per character that you can have, becouse everytime when i take a break for few days my first a hour of runs after that, I got tons of good runes drop. For example last time after 2 weeks break I did runs in 2 days by 1-2 hours per day and I got 2 x Jah 1x Ber 1 x Sur 4 x Lo and many others over Lem. After those 2 days "coz i was free and got a lot of time i did runs by 4-5 hours and more per day for next few days and I barely got 3-4 runes over Lem and lower than Ohm. Im not sure its play time per day or week depend on it but look like it.
    MF not work for runes btw, if you do alot of runs using MF do not stick on Countess. Runes drop everywere, better do more 82- 85 lvl areas and try to kill as much as posiable Champions tc 87 ( tc = treseare class 87 is higher ) on your way everywhere, its all on numbers of kills, higher kills = higher chance to drop what you looking for or atleast something that you can sell for good profit.

13. bored

bored Active Member

When drops get stale on one toon i switch to another.When i started here I made 2 toons a pally and a sorc.Used sorc to tele to area i wanted and pally to clear.Benefit was it was never a solo player game so better drop % found a pally templar 3rd day playin here at nith doin that.

Now I dunno been here a month I now have an acct with 10 decked out toons IMO acct if liquidated is well worth 100-150 bers.I still experience dry spills with finding nothin on one toon.I switch to another and mf different zones.There are enough 85 zones to not get bored and different builds suit each zone well enough.

Lookin for a certain item will burn you out and tbh its just easier tradin for things ya need.Wanna get rich here sell reset tokens easy OHM.Sell ed% socket gear.Avoid the jackass tryin to sell anything for retarded amount of bers.Some of the items and charms Ive seen where people askin for 9-10+ bers is laughable.

As far as tradin when youre finally self sufficient be a scumbag lol sell those angelic rings for a vex each if you can overprice within reason do it.When sellin try sellin for offer 1st rather than a set price. LMAO I sold a reset token and guilly helms for BER's doin that.

This isn't retail and things on there that would be very valuable are near worthless here due to either drop rate or mass majority here are just ignorant.Best advice is just get friendly with one or a small handful of people and trade barder among yourselves.Its by far the best way and enjoyable,with a buddy on here we toss tyreals,eth hoz's,enigmas and such back and forth like theyre pgems.

Nabelea I recall the name from another server and you were helpful there so Im sure youll have no prob makin friends here.

14. NaBelea

NaBelea Well-Known Member

Yes i am the same "NaBelea" you recall from that other server.

I refuse to sell overpriced items just to make a "quick buck" if you take a look at my current selling list,you'll notice that all my items are priced right,not over not under.

Anyway...i don't want to be "rich" in 1 day,because then i'll get bored...i much rather grind like hell...but that's another story...i'll keep mfing,rushing and helping others,that's what i do...that's how i get "pleasure" from this game.

15. Trancecore

Trancecore Member

How I get on Cow levels? Need socket items...

16. Jesus

Jesus Forum Legend

Hello Trancecore!

To access the Cow level all you need to do is complete the difficulty on which you wish to make the Cows in, and also grab a Wirts leg from Trist and purchase a tomb of town portals, throw them in the cube and you got yourself a red portal that's leads to lots of milking!

EDIT: Also if looking for sockets, kill Gris in Trist and aswell have as little MF as possible when socket hunting because it increases chances of them dropping instead of magic items :)

17. Trancecore

Trancecore Member

Thanks! I just opened a red portal with your help, lol.

Regards.

18. Jesus

Jesus Forum Legend

Haha no problem!

Enjoy and good luck on the drops!

• Draft saved Draft deleted