Guide My PVP smiter/charger

Discussion in 'Guides' started by sanzor, Nov 22, 2018.

1. sanzor

sanzor Member

INTRODUCTION

First, this build is mostly melee oriented. I'm using it for years already, and it works fine. However, im sure it can be improved. This is one of the main reasons that im posting it. Having a solid charge can change the outcome of a duel. It allows you to move fast and position yourself, it can confuse the adversary and it can deliver a lot of damage. When i came up with this build, i had in mind some key indicators: as much Deadly strike as possible, since its very important when charging, 50% damage reduced, high attack rating, decent hp, defense and FHR, and good smite damage. When dueling, i almost always try to get a charge hit first, and then use smite. I wont emphasize on gear setup vs elementals since im sure anyone can use a tiara + tg/hotspurs etc.

There is nothing special about this build as it shares many aspects with mainstream builds. However, there are some variations that can change the "feel" quite a bit. Also, i am not using any ethereal bugged items, lifetap sources or any other curses. I dont want to start a debate on this, but i do not like to duel with draculs or 6k def shields or whatever. In my opinion, lifetap turns the duel into a lottery when fighting another smiter, and its highly BM against melee barbs.

This build is the one that im actually using right now, on this server. Im looking forward to duel other smiters, barbs too, and maybe exchange some ideas or receive some advices.

GEAR

Helm: Crown of Aegis (23/14), 2 sockets, 2 bers in it
    Armor: Enigma, mage plated 15 ed base
    Belt: Verdungo 40/15
    Weapon: Grief Baxe 39/396
    Gloves: Immortal King's war gaunlets
    Shield: Herald of Zakarum 200 ed, upgraded to 573 def, with Jewel + 100 attack rating in it
    Boots: Gore Rider 200 ed, upgraded
    Amulet: Highlords
    Rings: 2x ravens, 20 dex, as much AR as possible

INVENTORY

Annihilus 20/14/10
    Torch 20/10

2 x small charms: 5 fhr + ar + md. Or 1x large charm 8 fhr + ar + md.
    The rest.. fill with charms life+ ar/ life+ar+md. My inventory is pretty mediocre, with a mix of grand, large and small charms, but it does the job.

SKILLS

20 Holy Shield
    20 Charge
    20 Fanaticism
    20 Defiance
    The leftovers i split between Smite and Vigor. You can also go Smite only. Or Might instead of Vigor. Personally i like using vigor when moving in town(lol). Not using it when charging.

STATS

0 strenght
    13 dexterity
    Rest goes to vitality

EXPLANATION

With this gear setup, at lvl 93, with mage plate enigma, i get to exactly 174 strenght (required for CoA), and 120 dex without wasting a single stats point. Since i do not like dueling with draculs (or exile), i tried to figure a pair of gloves that will give me the best advantage. This is where IK GLOVES makes the most logical choice for me, and i think its the main characteristic of the build. The 40 extra stats it gives are very handy, and it also has decent defense. In the end, i only spend 13 points in dexterity for 75 Chance to block. The rest goes to vitality.

I could use waterwalk boots for extra hp and dexterity (it would allow me to literally make a full vitality build) but i feel that 15% deadly strike from gore, and the extra defense, are more crucial to me.

Also, having this much strenght, allows me to have 2 raven rings and, when needed, replace one with dwarf, wisp, depending on the element im dueling with.

Another option is to use Fortitude in ap15 ed, and use a 100+ar/ Str/Dex ring, paired with raven. This will boost defense, increase charge damage, but you would loose some attack rating, hp and versatility since you depend from another source of strenght. I'm still not decided between these options.

Angelic duo (amulet + ring) makes it interesting as well. But that means you loose Attack speed breakpoint, and more than half of your deadly strike. You would also have to use another pair of gloves, to gain that required attack speed. Bloodfists can work, if you have 40 ias baxe grief, and maybe allow you to get to 86 FHR. But again, you loose more hp and deadly strike.

Here are the statistics (with BO) that this setup allows me to achieve:

HP: 4617
    Attack Rating (charge): 25442
    Defense: 22597
    Faster Hit Recovery: 50%
    Attack speed: 59%
    Damage Reduced: 53%
    Deadly Strike: 69%
    Charge Damage (on screen): 2373
    Smite Damage (on screen): 2005

I think that with a decent inventory one could have a much greater impact when charging, and a better HP pool. My charms are low.

This is my first build shared here so I hope i can get your opinions and questions.

If there's anything else i missed, let me know:D

Last edited: Nov 22, 2018
  2. Light86

Light86 Well-Known Member

bad build. You dont use strength bug + enigma and lose all the great potential of a v/c....

3. sanzor

sanzor Member

What do you suggest?

4. Light86

Enigma AP, str bugged boots and desync...

5. sanzor

sanzor Member

I dont like desync, its a bit toxic. However, in this build, only enigma is shown, the rest is bugged.
    Also...you are in error. Thats not how you desynch properly, its highly unefficient and can turn out against you. There are many ways to desynch but i will not post them here because im against it. I am also not using these methods.
    Randomly charging with vigor is to be avoided. To desynch efficiently you need to do other things.

6. Light86

Ok, let's stop discussion about desync techniques,I dont feel like sharing knowledge about it either (allthough it's the only efficient way to play a v/c imo).

Anyways, I would guess you will have problems against mb casters/javas. When your first opening charge misses you are pretty lost, I guess. So you should add some telesmite/telezeal techniques against those classes.

And finally someone who values the IK gloves, reaching max fpa with hl + fana makes them the best possible smiter gloves.

7. sanzor

sanzor Member

yea, i didnt talk at all about techniques.

I said in the introduction that this build is melee oriented. You can convert it easily to something good vs elementals. adding some resists and stuff. You would also need more cast rate in order to telesmite, foh chainlock. When you smite someone and they have the swirls above their head, its important that you start chainlock with foh, then teleport and smite.

Another good method is to charge upwards. Its very good when adversary is locking on you. Best thing about this is that it works vs summons, as it goes through them, directly to the adversary. So its very efficient vs druids, necros and other summons in general

• Draft saved Draft deleted