Need Help on Eth Glitching

Discussion in 'Help Desk' started by Mpmeyers, May 8, 2014.

1. Mpmeyers

Mpmeyers Supporter

OK, so I found an Eth Sacred Rondache earlier in Hell Tristram,with 30 resist all on it,I used the cube recipe and got 4 sockets in it but,when I used hel/tp scrolls the defense on it kept going down instead of up.I even tried putting in 4 Puls and then removing them with Hel/TP and still the Def went down.what Did I do wrong here?

2. Coldet

Coldet Forum Legend

make exile in it 3 or 4 times

3. Sabrossa

Sabrossa Member

to bug UNIQUE ETHE ITEMS, soket them with quest, put pul in it, use hel + scroll in cube to remove pul= def will go up, rune will disappear. do that until def no longer goes up(4-5 times).
    to bug WHITE ETH ITEMS : make runewords that give +%enhanced defense in them(shield -exile, armor- my personal favorite = stone runeword, when def is max i just make forty for the last time.)

r4ms likes this.
  4. Coldet

Coldet Forum Legend

Small correction. There is no need to put any rune, Jewel or gem in the unique items socket. The Bug will work even on an empty socket.

r4ms likes this.
  5. Sabrossa

Sabrossa Member

yes probably but pul gives that 30% enhanced defense..

6. Mpmeyers

Mpmeyers Supporter

ok,thanks guys.I think I'd better find another Eth Sacred Rondache,seeing as the def is now down to 30.....lol.

7. Coldet

Coldet Forum Legend

Seriously not necessary - just put exile in it a few times and you will have your defense

8. Sabrossa

Sabrossa Member

I found a new problem , i tried last night to bug an eth Shako and it kept sending my def down... i tried 2-3 times and i got to 60 base def after which i gave up. Do you know why? I thought it might only work on items that already have enhanced defence on them cause i succesfully bugged an andariel helm to 5.4k def..

9. Coldet

Coldet Forum Legend

Sabrosa You may be correct - I have never tried it on all items. the ones I normally bug are Andariels, Crown of Thieves, Vampire Gaze, Duriels Shell and Shaftstop. all of which I bug without putting anything into the socket. (I just checked and all those items have Enhanced defense) So perhaps you would need to socket the Shako with a Pul rune?

10. sphinx2

sphinx2 Member

In my opinion, the eth glitching bug only works on shields and helms that either
    1. have the enhanced defence mod on them (Clodet's examples of helms)
    2. provide the base for a runeword that gives the enhanced defence mod.

Awaiting different opinions and / or confirmations of the above.

11. Sabrossa

Sabrossa Member

coldet i always put pul rune into the soket, use hel + scroll tp , put pul again and so on, i saw earlier that you said you can bug without putting anything in soket. Can you explain step by step pls how?

12. Coldet

Coldet Forum Legend

Did you use the Pul in the Shako? I'm assuming yes and that you still lost defense. if this is the case then the added defense mod on the item must certainly be the requirement. It would also mean that the Pul has no effect on the bug. Just a wasted Pul.

13. sphinx2

sphinx2 Member

There's no magic into this, you simply socket the unique item, then ONLY place hel + tp scroll and transmute, over and over again, until defense doesn't go up anymore. No need to socket the item with anything (I used to use chipped gems for this).
    My other observation would be that the higher the ed %, the higher the final defense limit will be. Already tested on andy.

14. Mpmeyers

Mpmeyers Supporter

Ok,I got my Eth Sacred Rondache to 2037,and after making it into an Exile,my Def is 6640.so,since the base Def is 2k does that mean I wont be able to glitch it any higher now? (I don't wanna try if it's gonna make the defense go back down)...

15. reign_again

reign_again Active Member

Correct! The item must have Enchant Defense, otherwise the "bug" wont work! (therefore you cannot upgrade your ethereal Harlequin Crest defense, so don't even try it!)
    I been using these sort of mods and bugs for so long that I consider them common knowledge.

Btw, unique body armors can have sockets too you know, not just helms and shields! and it's 'defense' not 'defence'!

As for runewords you can choose from (chosen from the cheapest there is):

- Body Armors -
    Smoke 2 Socket Body Armor Nef + Lum
    Duress 3 Socket Body Armor Shael + Um + Thul
    Stone 4 Socket Body Armor Shael + Um + Pul + Lum

I believe you can also use: Enlightenment (Sorceress) 3 Socket Body Armor Pul + Ral + Sol
    but since the ED comes from a rune, I would bet on it unless you want to try it, after all it's just one Pul (I really don't know if it works, and I'll explain why it's irrelevant). But since the bonus from the rune is way smaller than the runeword bonus from the Duress, you have to make it way more times over and over again to achieve the maximum defense, ultimately spending more runes for the same result.

- Helms -
    Nadir 2 Socket Helms Nef + Tir
    Radiance 3 Socket Helms Nef + Sol + Ith

- Shields -
    Splendor 2 Socket Shields Eth + Lum
    Ancient's Pledge 3 Socket Shields Ral + Ort + Tal
    Exile 4 Socket Paladin Shields (only) Vex + Ohm + Ist + Dol

Unfortunately there is no option for you to use this bug on a Ethereal 4 socket general use shield since there is no runeword for this!

Coldet and sphinx2 like this.
  16. Coldet

Coldet Forum Legend

I find myself wondering if 4xPuls in a normal shield would work

17. Hash-Pipe

Hash-Pipe Active Member

i actually tested this on single player using a shield i farmed up from griswold real quick and some generated pul runes vs multi exile and the result was exile worked the 4x pul did not, i dont know if doing this on the server would change the outcome or not.

18. reign_again

Since there is no runeword with 4 Pul's, what the hell are you talking about?!

This particular bug only works with runewords that provide Enchant Defense, and runewords ONLY!

There is another type of configuration that allows you to bug defense using just about everything in cube (scroll of tp + eth armor + transmute = higher defense and so on) which can be easily implemented. But at least this way another niche market is born, because Exiles for example with max defense and good stats tend to be very expensive.

19. reign_again

The things you can do on closed bnet vs the ones you can on single player are not always the same. What I am saying is that certain configurations are on server side and game type side, therefore you should not test things on single player and think it's the same on closed bnet, because you will ultimately spread misinformation!

20. JackTheRipper

JackTheRipper Senior Member

for me personally it appears that the glitch is capped at 2037 at least on the armours i've done it to. don't know about shields and helms though since people on this thread have said they've gotten andy's helm to 5k ** still trying to find an eth one heh heh **

• Draft saved Draft deleted