Need Help on Eth Glitching

Discussion in 'Help Desk' started by Mpmeyers, May 8, 2014.

1. sphinx2

sphinx2 Member

Confirm 2037 to be the upper limit for eth normal armours. About helms, dunno what to say, eth andy's went well over 5k, eth CoT went to lower than 5k (upgraded to corona). Haven't played with helm runewords yet, so cannot express an opinion in that respect. However, for helms I can say that base item matters (exceptional / elite), as well as ed % - the higher, the better, the more final bugged defense the item gets.

Haven't worked with shields, so I'll let other guys post on this matter.

2. Sabrossa

Sabrossa Member

i can also confirm that putting a PUL rune into the soket gives more def in the end.

3. Hash-Pipe

Hash-Pipe Active Member

i got an eth giantskull and it maxed out at around 900 def...

4. sphinx2

sphinx2 Member

OK, when the Pul is in the socket, it give +30% ed, but the interesting part, from the eth glitching bug point of view, is: What happens when you remove the pul(s) from the socket(s)? Does item defense go up? Down? Pls let us know.

Haven't tested, tbh, but I suspect that ANY eth item without enh. defense as a mod or that receives the ed mod through a runeword will have its defense decreased, when using hel + tp scroll in cube.

5. Sabrossa

Sabrossa Member

ill try to come back with a post along with some pictures step by step. It isnt that much difference in the end, 200-300 def + from what i saw... anyway, ill get back soon.

6. Hash-Pipe

Hash-Pipe Active Member

btw giant skull has +def not ed and mine bugged to 900 def using just hel and tp

7. sphinx2

sphinx2 Member

There goes my theory :))).

Rephrasing to: ethereal unique armors/ helms / shield with the ed mod will be eth glitch bugged, after being socketed (Larzuk) and placed in cube with Hel rune + tp scroll several times, until defense no longer increases. Same for white ethereal armors / helms / shields, the only difference being that a runeword that gives the ed mod will have to be created in the item and removed with Hel + tp scroll several times (in this case, defense is capped at 2.037 on the base item). These have been verified and are working.

For any other ethereal unique items (that do NOT have the ed mod), things need to be tested, I cannot offer advice.

8. sphinx2

sphinx2 Member

Still, this 900-ish def you got on the eth Giant Skull is pretty far from the 4-5k def you'd get on items such as Andy, CoT (Crown of Thieves) and probably others. So, I reckon that ed items are much more worthy to have on merc than non-ed items. My sorc's merc has been wearing and eth bugged Andy for a few months (+ eth bugged forti, ofc) and I can positively tell you that he has been surviving heavy combat way better then before I knew of the bug. Still died on a few occasions, but the number of deaths is negligible, compared to how things were before.

• Draft saved Draft deleted